H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 01-29-2005, 02:47 AM

Superman is off the scale

Call it deperation if you like... whatever. I drove heavy equipment for years. Mostly, rough terrain forklifts. Lull 844C-42's to be specific. The reason that I bring this up is because we put those machines through hell on earth. The have axles which ar pinned to the frame in the center and the front axle has a hydraulic ram which can force the articulation by ten degrees to either side. People who have spent this sort of extensive time off road (42.5 hours a week for three years) can tell you that the holy grail of mud is tire pattern and the holy grail of obstacles is 4 wheels on the ground. There simply is no substitute for this and the only way to acheive it consistently is with straight axles. This fact has never failed me when off roading (and I have done a LOT of it in a variety of vehicles). Put the power to the ground. A ford f250 has straight axles, but it is abviously not the wheeler that a jeep is due to limitations of length, wheelbase, and clearance.

I am not trying to get anyone butt hurt over this but it is simply true that a Rubicon is the best out of the box off roader made in america period. I do not own one, and have no intentions of buying one.
Old 01-29-2005, 03:13 AM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Whats with all of this childish know it all crap. I owned a wrangler and modded it to a decent degree and it made it much more fun to trail with but that's it.

I can drive me, my wife daughter and dog 1200 miles to go offroad and do both the trip and the ride in relative great comfort. Driving style is completely different with an H2 as compared to a Jeep.

Mark my words, in a few years even Jeep will relegate their suspensions to fully independent. It is all in how it is applied and IS is looking very promising in a current design challenge because of the way it is being applied.

Ok superdufus, continue on with your mindess drivel.
Old 01-29-2005, 03:42 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Superman:
I drove heavy equipment for years. Mostly, rough terrain forklifts. Lull 844C-42's to be specific. The reason that I bring this up is because we put those machines through hell on earth. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not only desperate, but also reaching.

You seem like a nice sincere fellow, but what are you trying to achieve???? This is a HUMMER Forum! You're dealing with mostly educated people here who have made in some cases an upgrade from Jeep to a more capable vehicle.

I wanted the BEST my money could buy. The H2 delivers the best of both worlds.

If I wanted ULTIMATE, It would be H1. But a sacrafice in comfort on a daily basis.

If I was single or no kids and wanted some open top fun. Taking in mild to hard trails with gear for one person. Yes sure I'd buy a Rubicon.

I'd would NOT make a 22 hour trip to Moab in a Rubicon. And definitely take on some trails we attacked in Moab. If I did, I would take the trails that were designated for Xterras and 4Runners.

My Video Collectionez

Old 01-29-2005, 05:37 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Superman:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sfox:
Nope, a Rubicon that is STOCK will not have swaybar disconnects and will pick tires up off the ground almost as frequently as an H2.

S <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you have a wrench and thirty seconds? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's not "stock" and you know it. Let's clarify this- Stock shall now be "off the showroom floor". Is that easy enough for you to understand?
A stock H2 will easily go where a stock Jeep can only dream of going. I've got a perfect hill to prove my point. Oh yeah, and some great sand dunes. And some nice mud bogs too.
Old 01-29-2005, 07:10 AM

[quote]Originally posted by DennisAJC:
You're dealing with mostly educated people here QUOTE]

I have a high school diploma from a Jesuit school and a BA from a Jesuit university. I guess I'm outta my league
Old 01-29-2005, 07:14 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DRTYFN:

That's not "stock" and you know it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do not consider the removal of two nuts a departure from stock any more than I consider a headlight adjustment or a change of wiper blades a departure from stock. These things would kill your definition.

What about an oil change???

Is lowered tire pressure a departure from stock???
Old 01-29-2005, 07:17 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DennisAJC:

I wanted the BEST my money could buy. The H2 delivers the best of both worlds.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You just made my point. the H2 delivers the best of both worlds, but not the ultimate of one of them. You want the best on road... buy a BMW. You want the best off road... buy a rubicon. Go for a road trip in a rubicon... bring a heating pad for your back, etc.
Old 01-29-2005, 02:31 PM
Banned

You just made my point. the H2 delivers the best of both worlds, but not the ultimate of one of them. You want the best on road... buy a BMW. You want the best off road... buy a rubicon. Go for a road trip in a rubicon... bring a heating pad for your back, etc. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>What exactly is your goal here? It's pretty lame trying to stir the pot with an argument that was put down 2 years ago when many Jeep owners admitted that after wheeling with an H2 that they are very capable for all that they offer.

Please offer real substance to your argument as to why a Rubi is more capable than the H2. Having to disconnect the sway bar is only a sign of weakness in design. The H2 can still crawl through all of the obstacles (and many more) than a Rubi without having to manipulate the vehicle to achieve higher articulation.

So, let's talk real world here. Your argument is based on design not on real world application. Show us where a stock Rubi has accomplished an obstacle that a stock H2 has not and then let's discuss that, for the sake of keeping this above the already-been-tried brow-beating from other Jeep owners.
Old 01-29-2005, 02:41 PM
Hummer Authority

ShaggyX is an unknown quantity at this point

You are all wrong. The S10 Zr2 is the most capable vehicle out of the box.
Old 01-29-2005, 02:46 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a high school diploma from a Jesuit school and a BA from a Jesuit university. I guess I'm outta my league <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

At least you're intimately familiar with homosexual molestation. Have you filed a lawsuit about it yet?
Old 01-29-2005, 03:11 PM
Hummer Guru

Klaus is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ShaggyZr2:
You are all wrong. The S10 Zr2 is the most capable vehicle out of the box. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like you caught up with your "connection" and you're once again under the influence.
Old 01-29-2005, 04:15 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Posted by DRTY:
At least you're intimately familiar with homosexual molestation. Have you filed a lawsuit about it yet? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>That won't happen. It's hard to sue when you enjoy it.
Old 01-29-2005, 05:27 PM
Hummer Authority

ShaggyX is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Klaus:
Sounds like you caught up with your "connection" and you're once again under the influence. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Its kind of hard to loose contact when I am my own connection.
Old 01-29-2005, 06:42 PM
Banned

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ShaggyZr2:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Klaus:
Sounds like you caught up with your "connection" and you're once again under the influence. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Its kind of hard to loose contact when I am my own connection. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>For you, Shaggy, anything is possible and at times I have wondered if you lost the connection with yourself.
Old 01-29-2005, 06:45 PM

MONDO is off the scale

Oh, my god. It is like talking to children

Plus
You cant pic up chicks in a jeep.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> [quote]My jeep is offically better than a $55,000 plus suv... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
« on: January 26, 2005, 11:03:48 PM »

QUOTE]
Old 01-29-2005, 06:47 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DRTYFN:

I have a high school diploma from a Jesuit school and a BA from a Jesuit university. I guess I'm outta my league <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

At least you're intimately familiar with homosexual molestation. Have you filed a lawsuit about it yet? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I said Jesuit, not catholic. Check your facts.
Old 01-29-2005, 06:51 PM
Hummer Guru

Spike is an unknown quantity at this point

originally posted by the Shagmeister,
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>You are all wrong. The S10 Zr2 is the most capable vehicle out of the box. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Shagmeister, who now lives in a constant reefer induced haze has finally lost all touch with reality.
Old 01-29-2005, 06:59 PM
Hummer Guru

Spike is an unknown quantity at this point

originally posted by superturd,
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I said Jesuit, not catholic. Check your facts. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
One entry found for Jesuit.

Main Entry: Je·su·it
Pronunciation: 'je-zu-&t, -zhu- also -zyu-
Function: noun
Etymology: New Latin Jesuita, from Late Latin Jesus
1 : a member of the Roman Catholic Society of Jesus founded by Saint Ignatius Loyola in 1534 and devoted to missionary and educational work
2 : one given to intrigue or equivocation
- je·su·it·ic /"je-zu-'(w)i-tik, -zhu-, -zyu-/ or je·su·it·i·cal /-ti-k&l/ adjective, often capitalized
- je·su·it·i·cal·ly /-ti-k(&-)lE/ adverb, often capitalized
- je·su·it·ism /'je-zu-&-"ti-z&m, -zhu-, -zyu-/ or je·su·it·ry /-&-trE/ noun, often capitalized

Same thing!!!! Check YOUR facts douche bag.
Old 01-29-2005, 07:06 PM
Banned

I said Jesuit, not catholic. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?