H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 11-05-2003, 05:14 AM

cmb31078 is off the scale

I think DRTYFN is a "hey look at me kinda guy" He is always the first one to respond and TRYING to get everyone's attention always. Point made.

04 Pewter H2- Lux,nav, air suspension
Old 11-05-2003, 05:41 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cmb31078:
I think DRTYFN is a "hey look at me kinda guy" He is always the first one to respond and TRYING to get everyone's attention always. Point made.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sure that thinking stuff is probably taxing for you, inbred, so why don't you just pipe down.
Old 11-05-2003, 05:55 AM

I was not born in TN so better get your story straight next time.

Old 11-05-2003, 06:01 AM
Hummer Messiah

O.k. My bad. Sorry about the inbred comment. And to think I almost dropped an Al Gore lover bomb on you! That one would have been unforgivable. Lucky me.
Old 11-05-2003, 06:22 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Hey now...

It's one thing to bomb a troll....but this inner-forum stuff isn't good for any of us. Don't any of ya be growin' weeds in our cabbage patch!

Now I won't kid ya...I hope to throw some water on this fire and calm things down, let's see if some moisture can hit the flames before it evaporates....

DRTYFN...dude: we've all been to parties and seen some pretty ugly chicks. Just cause they're ugly doesn't give us the right to go up to them and let them know. I hate to quote Momma...but Momma always said "if you don't have anything nice to say...then just don't say anything at all". Course, Momma also said something about playing with something and going blind , but that's besides the point.

Just as you can drink a women pretty, you're gonna just have to hold your thoughts or drink that picture pretty.

These guys worked hard to put that event together and cutting them isn't gonna do any good. Let me offer this perspective:

Yeah, the 2 is a great offroading...and your recent pics attest to that fact. At the same time the 2 also has turn-signals, a stereo, luxury seats and a swarm of luxuries that rival some of the nicest vehicles on the road. Seriously, there's nothing wrong with celebrating it's versatility and showing the other extreme aspect of taking it uptown to the center of metropolitan society. Ya know...WTF..it does the ugly AND the pretty. It's nasty AND refined.

Ya gotta remember, these folks don't really have many areas to wheel at....as evidence, they have to travel. So they got together and had themselves some stlyin' fun. Good for them!

How's this for a pic: An H2 with one of those split images....right down the center of the H2 there is a line, the left side of the vehicle is filthy, dirty and a guy is partially stepping out from the vehicle with boots and a strong utilitarian look....he's exiting out into a wilderness, like the Con.

The right side of the picture has the H2 totally clean & shiny. Stepping out is a woman all dressed up for a nice dinner and evening on the town. (I'll email you a better pic of her later).

(Dennis, draft us a visual on the split H2)

So what do ya say DRTYFN....can we cut these folks some slack, blame it on one too many beers and play nice?
Old 11-05-2003, 06:38 AM
Hummer Messiah

Heh heh.... no. And I'm not blaming it on my friends, the beers, either.

It was a fantastic turn-out, but it was also a HUGE disservice to all of us that try so hard to change the misperception of people about Hummer owners.
Sorry, but I still maintain that it could've been held in a more low-key location. It's too bad that WhiteBeast felt left out of the initial H2 unveiling with AH-NOLD and had to organize his own feel good parade. I still think it screams "LOOK AT ME!!! I'M AN ATTENTION WHORE!!!!"
I feel bad for you Steve, because a few months ago you would have been jumping on them worse than I am. How's that moderator title feel now?
Old 11-05-2003, 06:50 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

DRTYFN....big mistake. I would have started your paragraph more like this:

heh heh, well...perhaps, maybe....NO!!!!, you missed out on some serious intensity by understating your position.

I disagree with you....at no time in my forum posting career would I have flamed such an event. I really don't see anything wrong with it. In all honestly, I might have done the very same thing.

It's not worth agruing about, I've stated my points merely in an effort to help resolve this.

Are ya sure it isn't beer-related? And btw, I'm only a moderator cause Jason promised me access to the secret "Hummer Hotties" section of the forum. Jealous????......YES!
Old 11-05-2003, 06:54 AM

DRTYFN,
Tennessee has many great things.
1) Jack Daniels
2) More Jack Daniels
3) Even more Jack Daniels.

HAHA

Craig

Old 11-05-2003, 07:00 AM
Hummer Expert

RasterMaster is an unknown quantity at this point

Hummer gatherings take many forms....they just happen to choose to attend a night event. Now it would be cool if they turned the street into a big mudpit as there was plenty of artificial daylight!

Check out the OkC Chapter Page!
Old 11-05-2003, 07:05 AM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cmb31078:
DRTYFN,
1) Jack Daniels
2) More Jack Daniels

HAHA

Craig<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

HAHAHA!! Good one!!!
But I wonder if Tennessee could pass legislation disavowing all ties with Al Gore ?
Old 11-05-2003, 07:10 AM

I knew you could not argue with Jack Daniels!!!!

Old 11-05-2003, 07:15 AM
Hummer Messiah

Can't argue with, but can't drink it either.
I know why the Indians, oops... Native Americans, called it "fire water".

I'll stick with my Hornsbys & wussy Coors Lights.
Old 11-05-2003, 10:32 AM

Brad is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DRTYFN:
DRTYFN,
1) Jack Daniels
2) More Jack Daniels

HAHA

Craig<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

HAHAHA!! Good one!!!
But I wonder if Tennessee could pass legislation disavowing all ties with Al Gore ?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We already have dis-owned Gore dummy, if you were so smart you would know during the election he didn't even win TN!!

So go somke a fat one with all your peace loving, tree hugging, non-showering hippies that come to Oregon to be free like the wind.
Old 11-05-2003, 10:43 AM

Glad to see some other TN support out there. What color H2 you have Brad? I am from Nashville also.

Craig

Old 11-05-2003, 10:48 AM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

I can see both sides here, but I don't think its any worse than taking your car to a car show.

Off-road it one day, show it off the next. Too bad it isn't that easy given the negative media attention the H2 has received.

If I were a non-H2 person and I saw those trucks in Times Square I'd stop to check them out, not their owners. Too bad some people in this word are jealous a-holes that try to cut down the owner of something obviously nice.

- Dan

-------------------------------------------------
SUT on order 12/02. 11 months down, 7 to go!
-------------------------------------------------
Old 11-05-2003, 12:41 PM
Hummer Expert

Andy C is off the scale

There seems to be a lot of comments about peoples misconceptions of H2 owners - if you want to point the finger at someone I would personaly start with the idiots that market the thing.
I have just been looking at an old copy of Mens Journal (July 2003 issue).
On page 27 there is a full page close up of the front of a yellow H2.
The only text in the add runs across the top.

"B TO THE L TO THE I TO THE N TO THE G".

I dont know how you all feel about that - but BLING being spelt out across an H2 add upset me a bit.

No wonder some people think we are dickheads.
Old 11-05-2003, 02:10 PM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>DRTYFN...dude: we've all been to parties and seen some pretty ugly chicks. Just cause they're ugly doesn't give us the right to go up to them and let them know. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Steve, I thinks it's important we let ugly girls know that they are ugly, let quad exhaust pipes know they look stupid (so they won't leave the garage), and let shiny H2 events know they COULD send the wrong message. DRTY was a little harsh, probably could have gotten the point across differently but I think it makes sense. How long have we been fighting to gain some respect for the H2 from the off-road crowd? This one is kind of a setback IMO.

Back to ugly girls. At Ohio State we would go up to an ugly girl at a very LOUD bar and under our breath say "do you want to dance?". They would get all excited but since they couldn't exactly hear you over the music they would say "What?" THEN we would say "You look fat in those pants!!"

OK, it is mean but I was in college and was drunk 3 days out of the week (only for the first 6 years).
Old 11-05-2003, 02:29 PM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brad:
We already have dis-owned Gore dummy, if you were so smart you would know during the election he didn't even win TN!!

So go somke a fat one with all your peace loving, tree hugging, non-showering hippies that come to Oregon to be free like the wind.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm well aware that TN didn't carry that dunder-head Gore.
As for your "smoke a fat one" comment- Never have, never will.
And do you have to rub it in about those f'ing hippie tree-huggers being spawned here? We're working hard on a cure. Feel free to make a donation.
Old 11-05-2003, 02:48 PM

Buckeye,
Why only three days a week? I guess Ohio State cannot hang with University Of Tennessee!!!

Craig

Old 11-05-2003, 03:59 PM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Tennessee has a university?

Oh wait, here they are. Lucky #13 just eight spots off of #5 Buckeyes in the BCS.