H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 04-03-2009, 06:49 AM
Hummer Professional

H2R is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Re: Is it true Hummers are the #1 vehicles to be ticketed by the police?

All my tickets have been PHOTO finishes so I guess the camera is tuned into Hummers as well Well at least my truck is a celebrity!
1974 Corvette conv. (454ci)
31ft Gulf Craft Boat
Old 04-07-2009, 03:11 PM
Hummer Veteran

Pure_Justice is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Is it true Hummers are the #1 vehicles to be ticketed by the police?

Never been ticketed since I got my H2. Troopers don't usually give tickets out to people with War Veteran Plates on!

I travel back and forth on I-95 and never seen a H2 pulled over. I have seen one H3 pulled over, but that was it.

This stat is bogus to me.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:26 AM
Hummer Novice

AC HUM1 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Is it true Hummers are the #1 vehicles to be ticketed by the police?

I have to say I believe it, but not for the reasons they give. The only speeding tickets I have gotten in the past number of years have been in the H1 and it isn't my daily driver. This one time was really a bunch of bull. I was in the right lane going probably right under 50 in a 45 zone. The police sit in a certain spot all the time right around a sweeping turn going into a long straight bit of road. I was packed in a bunch of cars one right in front of me a bit and 2 off to the side in the left lane.

Got up to the police and he stepped out flagging down the pack of cars around me, waved the ones around me through and pointed to the side of the road for me. He was a real jerkwad, he showed me his radar and I had to double take, said I was going 64 mph. If you have ever rode in an H1 you will know it strains to go 65 mph on the express way, but this was a 45 speed limit. I asked him if he would like to hop in and see if we could go 64 mph there as there was no way I was going that fast. Needless to say I ended up with a fat ticket. Theres been other times as well, but that one really pushed my buttons. I guess Hummers stick out and get their radar dot more than others.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:48 PM
Hummer Professional

MVR 155 is on a distinguished road

I have only been pulled over 1 time in the H2, I was cutting through a closed road construction area so I didnt have to go 2 miles out of my way for a detour.... the cop gave me a warning and let me be on my way.

My wife is another story, she has been pulled over a couple of times for speeding 80-90MPH in a 65MPH on her way down to Springfield.... now she is full time military and has been in uniform both times, she was let go with a warning.

A couple of months back she was pulled over by a county sheriff right down the street from our home for no front plate, the cop was a total jag (the current insurance card was expired so she called me and I ran a current card over to her). He wrote her for no front plate as well as a cracked windshield that had cracked the week before and I had an appointment already scheduled for repair. I can see the front plate but what the hell is up with the windshield, are you expected to have it fixed the day after it breaks??? I would say from cracked to fixed it was inside of 10 days.... what gives??

SOLD 2006 H2 SUV Luxury: Pewter ext/Black int.

2002 Corvette Z06 Blue/Ebony (light mods)
1/4 mile: 11.661@118.86

2013 Audi S4

2002 Yamaha YZF R1 Blue/White
1/4 mile: 10.51@136

2006 Sea-Doo RXP (70.6mph GPS)
2005 Sea-Doo RXT
Old 04-25-2009, 06:46 AM
Hummer Veteran

orlasttoy is off the scale

at least 4 misc tix here...speeding, parking, tinted windows...

2 in a row the DAY AFTER the article came out about Hummers & tickets...oh it's true alright...
Old 12-01-2010, 03:22 AM
Hummer Veteran

StockStar is on a distinguished road

The H2 is still on the list Funny, but I see more Pontiac's & Honda's pulled over than anything else. The Mercedes SL is a rare ride, so Im confused by that one.

http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/auto...o-Get-A-Ticket

...and check out that average age of the H2 driver.

Last edited by StockStar : 12-01-2010 at 03:28 AM.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:49 AM
Hummer Professional

Lucky1 is off the scale

I would definitely say that they target hummers. I have had soo many tickets in my truck and I,m always traveling in a pack of cars but somehow they always pull me over. I think it's the most noticable vehicle on the road when the cops radar goes off. I,m soo tired of paying speeding tickets.
Old 12-02-2010, 04:40 PM
Hummer Expert

Hellz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure_Justice
Never been ticketed since I got my H2. Troopers don't usually give tickets out to people with War Veteran Plates on!

I travel back and forth on I-95 and never seen a H2 pulled over. I have seen one H3 pulled over, but that was it.

This stat is bogus to me.

i agree with this one.

i ahve been pulled over a few times for speeding, but 3 of the times, i got off with a warning.. 1 time was a buddy of mine giving me sh!t, and my favorite was when i was pulled over, and the cop pulled up right behind me, then backed up and left without even getting out.. and to top it off, he waved at me when he left and gave a thumbs up!
Old 12-02-2010, 04:40 PM
Hummer Professional

H2005 is an unknown quantity at this point

The H2 and H3 are #4

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com...ts.aspx?page=1