H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 12-10-2003, 10:56 PM

unaslob is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> If someone got behind me on the street with a set of 4 useless lights blinding me in my mirrors out comes the 1,000,000 CP handheld pointed backwards ....

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

what do you have in the rear???

unaslob

Corsa Sport exhaust(offroad 'tip'), Gobi rack w/ lights & w/roof mounted tire w/ ladder, Warn Winch with rear power, Dual Wolo Airhorns w/ lanyard valve, Hadley Aircompressor 130PSI, 14" airtank, front and rear quick disconnects for air, Cobra 75 WX CB, Dual 4' Firestik fiberglass whips, front tinted windows, 7" Homer Simpson decal (teehee)!
Corsa Sport exhaust(offroad \'tip\'), Gobi rack w/ lights & w/roof mounted tire w/ ladder, Warn Winch with rear power, Dual Wolo Airhorns w/ lanyard valve, Hadley Aircompressor 130PSI, 14\" airtank, front and rear quick disconnects for air, Cobra 75 WX
Old 12-10-2003, 11:01 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cranky Steve:
....mount lights under the rig to iluminate the areas directly around us ...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I have thought about adding some lights underneath to illuminate when you open the doors so that I can see to avoid a mudhole or cowpie. What setup have you done for lights underneath?
Old 12-10-2003, 11:09 PM
Hummer Professional

Cranky Steve is an unknown quantity at this point

Just 6 of the cheepest ricer lights (the pia looking things, 55w ea) Kragen's had on sale and 2 tractor lights in the front tube bumper.

Wired to 2 switch operated relay circuits, 1 for the tracto lights, and the other for the underbody lights, not that fancy really.

One of the guys I know is going to use the ricer rope lights under the body. I think it will work well, and definitly be out of harms way

Founding Member of RCRC 4wd Club Scaramento, CA www.rcrc4x4.com
Pirate4x4.com Vendor & Toyota Truck and 4Runner Talk Forum Moderator

Official Hummer Forums "Rice Grinder"

http://www.rocknroll4x4.com
http://rubicontrailpatrol.org/index.php
http://www.friendsoftherubicon.com/
http://www.Pirate4x4.com Tool and Shop Talk, Vendor, & Toyota Truck and 4Runner Talk Forum Moderator
Old 12-11-2003, 12:04 AM

Centerfire is off the scale

1st let me say I love lights..you can't have too many ( if you've seen the post of my Sub you would understand).. However let me say that I do not care for the hood set up.. It just doesn't flow.. Looks like somesone went toth grade shop class and flipped his moms large dust pan over and shoved some lights in it...

Just ordered the Realwheels SS over the hood brush guard.. I will be adding 4 - 6 lights it it.. Nope the hood doesnt work for me.. But you got to go with what works for yo.

Mike
Old 12-11-2003, 03:15 PM

Karl is off the scale

That was the look we were going for. Too fast and too furious. This light hood kit was meant to be an extreme styling design.

We took this down to NYC the other day where they were shooting a rap video and the people there went berzerk over it.

Technically your right for true off road use it would be good to add the lights to the roof which we will be doing on my next modification.

The way I see it the more lights the better. This "is" a monster truck of course. And the lights are adjustable so we pointed them down 10 feet in front of the truck towards the ground so they are not blinding the guy in front of us.

This piece is just for fun just like the truck. Work hard and play hard.

Karl
Hi-Tech
www.HITECHCC.com
Old 12-13-2003, 04:55 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Phil, I am with you. I cannot think of a time when a few critical comments were made about manufacturers product and they reacted this way.

I will keep an eye out for more for their products.

Black Lingenfelter Lux