H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 02-22-2003, 06:26 PM
Tucson Beast

Mr. Leitner - Many of us have the need for a black color as well as those who like metal (chrome or brushed). The H2 offers the Lux and Adven package for H2 - the Adven package is black, so there are plenty of black gas caps out there on our H2s - I know a lock cap would be wonderful given the potential for people to destroy cars by dumping stuff (sugar) down gas tanks of costly rigs like our H2. Will wait for information for your product

Thanks
Old 02-22-2003, 07:31 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

I still don't know why Harry claimed to be ONE & ONLY LEGAL gas door without making a product and nothing to sell, while so many others have been selling similar gas doors for months. Is Harry only refering to the HUMMER logo? or he was the only one bothered to apply for patents? No disrespect to Harry, cause he seems like a knowledgeable gentleman and professional; but it happens often, the copycat went to the patent office first, ended up closing down the original designer.
Old 02-23-2003, 01:44 AM
Hummer Veteran

JohnnyBoy is off the scale

It' still unclear if Harry will be offering his gas cap with the Hummer logo. I'm only interested in it if it has the Hummer Logo. If he can't produce with that logo, then I'll get get one of the ones that are kicking around right now. Let us know about that logo Harry. Thanks.

==================================
'03 Hummer H2 Adv./Lux. Pkgs. Sunset Orange W/Sunroof
Air Spring Susp. Pkg. + 3rd. row seat & DVD System.
CompuStar Auto Security/Remote Starter.
http://www.haugens.com
CompuStar Auto Security/Remote Starter.
Old 02-23-2003, 08:37 PM

Harry Leitner is off the scale

Hello again,

I do not want to over post regarding this subject, but want to make everyone clear on what we plan to do regarding our Alloy Fuel Door for the H2:

1) Patent issues: Yes, we hold numerous patents on our Alloy Fuel Door design, the major one being US6352295. The Alloy Fuel Door on the Mitsubishi Eclipse, Dodge RAM, Mazda Miata/ M6, Chrysler PT Cruizer,Ford Bullit Mustang and F-Series trucks, Mercedes M-Class, Chevy Silverado/ Avalanche, and many others are all AMP Research produced products and the majority are OEM products supplied directly to the automotive factories. The Alloy Fuel doors you see on Ebay, including the ones for the H2, are all knock offs. There is one company who does not infringe on our patent that does make an H2 fuel door (fueldoors.com). The companies producing infringing profducts have been advised and are being halted from producing/ selling.
We are not trying to halt competition; however, the blatant copies out there are dificult to distinguish at first from our Alloy Fuel Door and we do not want cheap knock offs to be associated with AMP Research. We spend a considerable amount of time engineering and making sure our products pass all OEM quality standards, like corrosion and durability. I am sure that many H2 owners can attest that the other fuel doors that they have bought do not even come close.

2) The feedback I have received on this site has been very valuable...looks like we may have to offer black, either black chrome or powdercoat as an option.

3) The Hummer Logo was machined into the first prototypes since they were being sent straight to GM...unless we receive the license for the Hummer logo (which looks very promising), it will not be included in the production door. We may include "AMP Research" or leave it it blank...

4) Again, thanx for the input. I am not knowledgeable about what exactly the H2 owners want, but I am getting a better idea.

Thank you and regards,

Harry Leitner

P.S. Thank you to the owner of the site (Jason) for his email!
Old 02-24-2003, 02:11 AM

SoCalHummer is off the scale

Let me know when you have these available. I want one !!!! Only if it is available in chrome and with the Hummer Logo on it like in the picture.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hummer Man:
I will be offering these to Forum members only in late March. Price SHOULD be less then $200.00
plus shipping and handling.

Please let me know if you are interested by sending me an email. I will contact you when I have shipment in stock.
SEND EMAIL TO: hummerh2@earthlink.net<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[This message was edited by SoCalHummer on February 23, 2003 at 08:23 PM.]
Old 02-24-2003, 02:37 AM

Harry Leitner is off the scale

Again,

AMP Research is not associated with Hummer Man and he will not be selling the AMP Research Alloy fuel door...his claim that he will have them by Mid-March is not true. No dissrepect, but I have no idea how he came up with this info...I did have a talk with him and we made sure we are on the same page...

After talking to Jason, the owner of this site, and getting his o.k., I will let forum members know where and when it will be available.

Regards,

Harry Leitner

Old 02-24-2003, 05:29 PM
Hummer Professional

ratesguy is off the scale

Put me down for a black cap but only if it is locking
Old 02-24-2003, 10:34 PM
Hummer Veteran

Happy Hummer is off the scale

Put me down for a black one if it locks and with or without the HUMMER logo.

Thanks,
ROB

2003 Hummer H2, Black Lux. Pkg, Breathless HID lights and Stage 2B engine kit, Mazzi Maximus 18" chrome wheels and BFG 35X12.50 18 KM Mud Terrain Tires, Alpine DVD Navigation System, Myron & Davis 7" headrest monitors, Audiovox 10 disc DVD Changer, XM Delphi Satellite radio, NSXTC DRL upgrade, Whelen Air Horn
2002 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo
2003 Dodge Viper SRT/10 #150
2003 Honda Odyssey EX
2003 Harley V-Rod Radical Red #68 of 200
http://y42.photos.yahoo.com/bc/robydi2001
2009 Mercedes C63 AMG
2008 Harley Screamin Eagle Ultra
2006 Wild West Custom Chopper
Old 02-25-2003, 01:42 AM

AUBURN H2 is off the scale

The person selling the chorme gas door on ebay also has a black powder coated door available, it looks great. If you want something that locks, go with the locking stant gas cap and don't put that ugly lock on the outside of a nice smooth door. It just ruins the look and the cap serves the same purpose. I am sure you remember the old days when you had to use a key to get in your car, before keyless entries were standard features. Think about all those scratches around the key hole where you missed the first time or other keys on your key chain scratched the surface. Do you really want a bunch of scratches on your new chrome or black door. I went with the chrome and it is perfect.
Old 02-25-2003, 02:47 AM

I read all the information on the thread here and understand that AMP Research is supposed to have the fuel door. My comment was not meant to be misconstrued as being directed at any one person......it was however, pointed at this thread and the opportunity to purchase one...assuming it would be available with the Hummer logo that matches the OEM wheels. If AMP research is the manufacturer, perfect.........however if another legitimate manufacturer produces one.....I will purchase it when available. I am not really interested in the arguments posed that are related to patent infringements since I have dealt with many of my own patent infringements in days past. I am simply a potential customer to someone who produces a product of my liking.

Thank you for your time

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Harry Leitner:
Again,

AMP Research is not associated with Hummer Man and he will not be selling the AMP Research Alloy fuel door...his claim that he will have them by Mid-March is not true. No dissrepect, but I have no idea how he came up with this info...I did have a talk with him and we made sure we are on the same page...

After talking to Jason, the owner of this site, and getting his o.k., I will let forum members know where and when it will be available.

Regards,

Harry Leitner

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 02-25-2003, 11:46 AM

Dunkster is off the scale

I am interested in a black cover with locking, but having another key sounds like a pain. It would be great if it was possible to have a button inside that popped the gas door open or unlocked it. The button might go under the light switch in the blank there.

-------------
Dunkster
Old 03-08-2003, 03:04 AM

Seems like the gas door discussion on the one with the Hummer logo has died....Did Amp Research give up on it ?
Old 04-29-2003, 06:49 PM

LaLegend is off the scale

What ever happened to this particular fuel door? So much controversy was raised over who would be selling the product and then Harry disappeared and never came back with an explanation of why not?

Does anyone have this door with the HUMMER logo?
Old 04-29-2003, 07:03 PM
Hummer Expert

Hummer Man is off the scale

I will be able to tell you more this week!
Old 04-29-2003, 07:04 PM
Hummer Expert

It is almost here!
Old 04-29-2003, 07:04 PM
Hummer Expert

The wait is over!!!!!!!
Old 04-29-2003, 07:05 PM
Hummer Expert

You will be very very happy real soon!
Old 04-29-2003, 09:16 PM

Frank Hewitt is off the scale

Hummerman? Harry? I don't really care which of you is legit----- I'm more interested in sending you some cash and receiving this gascap cover as soon as it's available. please contact me via email when this is available as originally pictured (Hummer logo, locking or not are both fine, and matching the factory stock wheels(brushed look, as pictured innitially on this thread) is just groovy.
Thanks.
mountainbikr@hotmail.com

gasman
Old 04-30-2003, 02:19 AM

Waiting to be very happy............Hoping its like the one in the pictures with the Hummer logo like the wheels.....................My cash is ready !!!!!
Old 05-01-2003, 02:50 AM
Hummer Expert

RasterMaster is an unknown quantity at this point

Black, locking with logo would be a nice add-on to my H2.