H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 12-18-2003, 02:29 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Argo,

Nothing wrong with Tahoes or Yukons. The problem is the inaccuracy of the statement. I have not read anything where the H2 shares a major component with a Tahoe/Yukon. When someone comes in here with juvenile statements like H1'S R OK has made, they are doing nothing but trying to stir things up. It's sad that the person whose tongue is laced with ignorance is the one who seems to speak the most and the loudest.
Old 12-18-2003, 02:35 PM
Hummer Veteran

Black H1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would have to say that the H2 is an extremely capable vehicle that I have great respect for. I often off road with these "glorified" tahoes and say wow at what they can do. I have an H1 and the H2's that I run with do amazing things. People that put down the Hummer in any form are jealous because they can not get one.
Old 12-18-2003, 03:08 PM

Detonate is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Alec W:
At the end of the day the off-road enthusiast community needs to stop fighting with each other and start fighting with the environmentalists who are trying to shut down our trails.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Amen!

------------------------------
2003 Red H2 equipped with Tough Country Heavy Duty Armor Series Front End with Winch, Rear Bumper, Brush Guard, and Roof Rack.
Old 12-18-2003, 03:16 PM
Hummer Veteran

Please do not read too much into my reply, I think that the H2 is an incredible vehicle and I used "glorified" tongue in cheek. I believe that I have off roaded with you Alec and you should know my respect for the H2. I am trying to say the same thing that you are. I just laugh at the unfortunate people that cast opinion on the Hummer H1 and H2 without having the opportunity to drive or own one.

thanks
Old 12-18-2003, 04:53 PM
Hummer Professional

DURAMAX TIM is off the scale

We built a lot of the dies to stamp the inner sheet metal for the H2, H2 SUT and now the H3.
The metal was a pain to draw because most of it is double thickness. 2 mm instead of 1 mm and some was 1.5 mm instead of .75mm like most other vehicles are made of.
This is also high tensile strength metal too.
Why do u think the H2 weighs more than the other SUV (U got to love American IRON).

Yell'r 04 Lux w/ air, sunroof,F&R brush bars
Traded 03 White Lux
03 GMC D/A CC SLT LB soon to be 04
Ex H2&3 owner
My hiking boots and canoe paddle have more miles than most 'offroad' vehicles, over 350 in last year.
Old 12-18-2003, 04:55 PM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

We do need to fight the eco-terrorist. I support that fully, however, I also like the competitiveness of competing brands and a little constructive smack talking. It just makes it more fun just like talking about sports teams or anything for that matter. I always get a little peeved when people say "I'll wheel with anyone, I just wanna have fun". I just don't believe it. It is human nature to be competitive. It's healthy as far as I'm concerned.

So, if other trucks come along with us on adventures I would certainly be civil and nice to them but would hope that they get stuck so I have the opportunity to pull them out and then rib them about it. If I get stuck and get picked on that's fine too. After all it's not about the individual, it's about the truck, nothing personal.

So, jeeps suck, tacos suck, land rovers really suck and Hummers rule
Old 12-18-2003, 05:45 PM
Hummer Expert

Alec,

I think you meant the obstacle I pulled you over
Old 12-18-2003, 05:46 PM

argonaut is off the scale

here is a pic of H1s are OK at work:
http://load.pquinn.com/binaries/fries/
Old 12-18-2003, 05:52 PM

Fellow Off-Roader is off the scale

so Buckeye Hummer, why do Land Rovers really suck in your opinion?

just curious as I usually wheel in one and they're really not too bad. the Rover that is - sometimes the folks driving them, yet, usually not the Rover.

Old 12-18-2003, 06:06 PM
Hummer Veteran

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Alec W:
Black H1, if you are the person I think you are I drove your Black H1 for a few minutes. That was fun, thanks for the opportunity. I have some pics and video from that trip that I need to put up here one of these days.

Alec,

I am the one that you think and I want to see the videos, I also need your address for the pics of the trip, we may do another one on 9-11 of January with some of the same guys if you would like to attend. Let me know if this could be an option.

Peace <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 12-18-2003, 06:13 PM
Hummer Expert

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fellow Off-Roader:
so Buckeye Hummer, why do Land Rovers really suck in your opinion?

just curious as I usually wheel in one and they're really not too bad. the Rover that is - sometimes the folks driving them, yet, usually not the Rover.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm just picking on them for the hell of it because they're not hummers I also pick on Michigan (hate them), USC (no respect for them), Ford (I'm a GM guy) etc.
Old 12-18-2003, 06:32 PM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Buckeye Hummer:
...I also pick on Michigan (hate them)...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

*Ford Fairlane voice*
"Go back to Michigan *******"

Great movie...

-------------------------------------------------
SUT on order 12/02. 12 months down, 6 to go!
Old 12-18-2003, 06:40 PM

H1\'S R OK is off the scale

I like H2's I joined to find some guys that might like to go wheeling with us and I found a few. the h2 is built on a GMC yukon frame. do the research. I am sorry I have a tendancy to come off wrong as I did here, my bad I am known for that, please accept my appology. As to the statement an h2 is a glorified yukon or suburbon, yes thats true but they look way cooler in my opinion. They realy are not all that capable of a trail machine but I would not buy one to beat on the trail, thats why I bought and modified my Rubicon. I did not mean to be a troll and piss you off.
Old 12-18-2003, 06:46 PM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

From Rockcrawler.com:

"Though the H2 began life using more of a Suburban frame, the final frame assembly is made up of 3 sections. The front uses a modified GM 2500-Series utility frame. The mid-section is all new and is completely boxed. The rear section uses a modifed GM 1500-Series frame which is upgraded for 8000 pound gross vehicle weight. Front and rear receiver mounts with 9000 pound winch capability are integrated into the frame. The rear hitch has an estimated 7000 pound capacity."

So its not a Yukon frame. The middle section is totally new. And the front & rear frame pieces that were taken from the existing GM parts bin were modified.

SUT on order 12/02. 12 months down, 6 to go!
Old 12-18-2003, 06:53 PM

H1\'S R OK is off the scale

Goodenough for me, my bad!! petersons says it is a yukon frame with new mount points and some boxing.