H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 11-05-2003, 04:04 PM
Hummer Professional

Cranky Steve is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by argonaut:
I think you East coast guys are missing something. here in the NW it is a completely different story. people who are flashy in any way out here are ostracized. Flashy cars get keyed or gummed, or worse. Constant negative stares are everywhere. The attitude around here is that if you've got it (money) nobody gives a ****. If you try to show it off, you are an *******, and an arrogant prick. DRTY is just coming from a non-californian west coast point of view. Just regional culture differences, that's all.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

NW 23rd St Portland, anytime, 'nough said ......

Founding Member of RCRC 4wd Club Scaramento, CA www.rcrc4x4.com
Pirate4x4.com Vendor & Toyota Truck and 4Runner Talk Forum Moderator

Official Hummer Forums "Rice Grinder"

http://www.rocknroll4x4.com
http://rubicontrailpatrol.org/index.php
http://www.friendsoftherubicon.com/
http://www.Pirate4x4.com Tool and Shop Talk, Vendor, & Toyota Truck and 4Runner Talk Forum Moderator
Old 11-05-2003, 05:36 PM

argonaut is off the scale

23rd? With all the hippies living in close proximity? @3rd used to be the nice area, but now it's the pearl district, but still, anything nicer and flashier than a BMW or Mercedes gets you bad bad attention.
Old 11-05-2003, 06:33 PM
Hummer Professional

HUMMERDOGG is an unknown quantity at this point

Who cares what the general population's opinion of Hummer owners is? I know I could give two ****s about it...

*NO LONGER A member of the "No Hummer Krew"*
Old 11-05-2003, 07:20 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

My keyboard is busted!!!

My Video Collectionez

Old 11-05-2003, 07:35 PM

hummer25 is off the scale

Very odd thread...

I have a feeling that anyone saying that the gathering in Times Square was for attention and to make people jealous of everyone's H2 haven't ever been to NYC for a period of time.

Maybe in other parts of the country do cars get this type of attention. In NYC there is so much wealth in the majority of people that fancy cars are just like an average honda in other parts of the country.

Out where I live every other car is a mercedes/bmw/porsche. At almost any time driving through our small town you will see multiple cars that are over 200K each parked at the same time.

I was away at the current time but I prob. would have went to meet everyone. The city is a great place to meet and have a good night out!
Old 11-05-2003, 07:51 PM

Kevin W is off the scale

Steve,

I just have to send praise becuase I couldn't have put it any better to Drtyfn myself. But, he still doesn't get it. Drty....just have to apoligize for all the beatings you probably took as a kid from all the cool kids, that you now need to lash out at everyone and everything on this site. What Whitebeast did had nothing to do with "look at me", but had to do with a bunch of people getting together to talk about and look at what we all love so much, and what we are all here for, even you....the Hummer.
Not that explaining this to you even matters, because none of us would have wanted you there anyway. So, I am going to for go all of my opinions of you and your posts from now on. If only everyone else here would do the same, maybe you would go crawl back under whatever negative place you came from.

2003 Pewter H2, Tire relocator, painted hard tire cover, billet gas cover, MC2 chrome hood handles, stainless bumper letters, 15% tinted front windows,pioneer nav/dvd, xm sat, headrest monitors, tv tuner, defenderworx hood latches, side vents, marker bezels, and chrome MC2 factory style wheels, Flowmaster exhaust, AirForce One Intake.
2003 Pewter H2, Tire relocator, painted hard tire cover, billet gas cover, MC2 chrome hood handles, stainless bumper letters, 15% tinted front windows,pioneer nav/dvd, xm sat, headrest monitors, tv tuner, defenderworx hood latches, side vents, marker
Old 11-05-2003, 08:21 PM

Allen is off the scale

In the famous words of Rodney King..."Cccan't we all jjjjust get along"
Old 11-05-2003, 08:42 PM
Hummer Messiah

Kevin,

Drty "gets it". He's just stating an opinion most of us feel. The NYC happening was a great ideal, but mabye could have been done a different way.

What the hell were you guys trying to accomplish standing on your roof racks, doors open, video screens on, standing around?????????? HUMMER AWARENESS????

NO..It is, like it or not, a LOOK AT ME parade.

Let's put your frailties aside and think this through. Do you think those people were saying,"Wow! look at those H2's and their owners! They must be gods!"

Or, " Posers and Mall Runners. What a sorry looking bunch."

And if you think NY people are not like that, you're dreaming.

It's a step back. See Times Square, fine. But that was a HUGH disservice to the H2 community. You guys had the same effect as a lowered H2 with 22"rims.

My Video Collectionez

Old 11-05-2003, 08:50 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

hehe, Kevin you're so sensitive sometimes.

And are you giving praise to Steve's rambling about getting drunk and trying to wrestle fatties? Sorry, ugly fatties.
If having a non PC attitude means I'm negative then so be it. You'll never see me being a "yes-man" like a lot of people in this world that don't have the backbone to stand up and voice their opinions. I've you'd done your research you'd find that I've never gone out of my way to maliciously pick a fight or to be mean-spirited. I will viciously attack a troll, and have done so many times.
Old 11-05-2003, 09:00 PM

Brad is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cmb31078:
Glad to see some other TN support out there. What color H2 you have Brad? I am from Nashville also.

Craig<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Craig,

I drive a black H2. My front plate says FRA you may have seen that around town, that is where my daughter goes to school. I have had mine a year in October. (36,000 miles worth).

What color is yours?
Old 11-05-2003, 09:08 PM

Detonate is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DennisAJC:
He's just stating an opinion most of us feel.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Actually most of us don't feel that them having an event is a disservice to the H2 community.

-Jim March
Arlington TX
2003 Red H2
Beauty is in the eye of the Beer Holder
Old 11-05-2003, 09:28 PM
Hummer Messiah

Don't get me wrong Detonate, the framework was a feat in itself. An experience all of us would have loved to take in(Even DRTY).

But ****! Talk about all flash and no substance. The thousands of people who saw them, walked away with the wrong message of the H2.

Most of us(Like you Detonate), try to show people the true capabilities of the H2. Trying to enlighten the naysayers. In one full swoop, that night negated countless bonified HHs.

I know it is your duty to dissagree with me, but I highly doubt you would have been part of that scene. I doubt if you would have stood outside your H2, open the doors, turn on your vids, strike a pose on yer cool brushbar.

See NY...But valet them suckers.

Step right up folks and see the aaaamaaazing H2 posers!

P.S. Photo Of The Month it's not.

My Video Collectionez

Old 11-05-2003, 09:32 PM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Detonate:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DennisAJC:
He's just stating an opinion most of us feel.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Actually most of us don't feel that them having an event is a disservice to the H2 community.

-Jim March
Arlington TX
2003 Red H2
_Beauty is in the eye of the Beer Holder_<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Again, for you Det, it's not the event, it's where it was held. It was the most conspicuous location possible. Organizing and actually pulling off a gathering like that is great, but having the ego-fest in NYC is ridiculous. I've heard from a couple of people that live in and around NYC and they feel the same way.
I would have thought you would have had at least a sliver of comprehension why that "parade" wasn't such a hot idea. Maybe I gave you too much credit.
Old 11-05-2003, 09:39 PM

Detonate is off the scale

I would not have attended that event because I despise crowds, hate traffic, and really don't even like people that much.

However, I think that is one of the coolest H2 events held to date.

There is no WRONG or RIGHT impression of the H2.

If it's not your cup of tea, so be it. It's completely obvious that you nazi's fall into the "if you don't wheel it, you shouldn't own it" category, because that is exactly what you are saying, and that's Bull****. We live in America to do whatever the **** we want, whenever the **** we want to.

If you want to have that Nazi attitude learn to speak french and move to canada.

-Jim March
Arlington TX
2003 Red H2
Beauty is in the eye of the Beer Holder
Old 11-05-2003, 09:41 PM

cmb31078 is off the scale

Brad,
I have a pewter 04 H2. I live in N. Franklin but spend a lot of time in Green Hills area. I will keep my eye out. I have UT tags on the back.

04 Pewter H2- Lux,nav, air suspension
Old 11-05-2003, 09:47 PM

Brad is off the scale

10-4 I'll be on the look out for you also.

What type of work do you do?

I'm moving to Brentwood on Nov. 15th. We just sold our house in Smyrna.

I am looking forward to getting closer to my daughters school, we are sick of the drive.
Old 11-05-2003, 10:02 PM

cmb31078 is off the scale

I am in the IT field.

I have a long drive to work as I work out by the airport. I can understand not liking the long drives.

04 Pewter H2- Lux,nav, air suspension
Old 11-05-2003, 10:10 PM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Detonate:
I would not have attended that event because I despise crowds, hate traffic, and really don't even like people that much.

However, I think that is one of the coolest H2 events held to date.

If it's not your cup of tea, so be it. It's completely obvious that you nazi's fall into the "if you don't wheel it, you shouldn't own it" category, because that is exactly what you are saying, and that's Bull****. We live in America to do whatever the **** we want, whenever the **** we want to.

If you want to have that Nazi attitude learn to speak french and move to canada.

-Jim March
Arlington TX
2003 Red H2

No sh*t you don't like people. Do you eat your meat raw, too?

Why resort to the "nazi" take? Very weak. I might start calling you Hillary if you do that again.

And I do NOT think that if you don't wheel it you shouldn't own it.

Your use of such profane language is disgusting and very offensive.
I thought you ran a site for kiddies and you were bitching about language awhile back.
Old 11-05-2003, 10:11 PM
Hummer Messiah

-Jim March
Arlington TX
2003 Red H2

I can imagine how much spittle spewed on to your keyboard and pubic hair you call a beard just trying to say that.

Are you trying to get the full effect Detonate? But saying Nazi or F*ck? Or are you just ****faced again.

I just knew by holding off on my posting this thread, you would show up. Obvoiusly your Mom and her Husband/Brother/your father never used reverse psychology on you.

Nazi????? Perfect example of why not to drop out of kindergarten. Go back to school stupid. Or write a book on,"Got me a Hummer cuz I'm Dumb"

You're the first hermaphadite I've ever know. Go F*CK yourself.

My Video Collectionez

Old 11-05-2003, 10:17 PM

StarWarsFan is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DRTYFN:
I've never gone out of my way to maliciously pick a fight or to be mean-spirited. I will viciously attack a troll, and have done so many times.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

BullSh*t, you went out of you way on several occassions to pick a fight with me for no reason.

I think the NYC event was great and had nothing to do with being "showie" if you ask be. Maybe you should get off the PC once in a while and get a life. I've said it before and I'll say it again.....

Prick!