H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 01-31-2006, 01:35 AM
Hummer Authority

ssgharkness020147 is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
Carey, what's that little green wire for? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which one, there are like 50 little green wires.

-007=
Old 01-31-2006, 02:05 AM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point

Damn I missed your original post. Now for the ultimate question, does it work? LOL.

Cause you know the rule... mounting but not hooking up doesn't count as a mod.

Got it done yet? Show us some pics.

Mark
Old 01-31-2006, 03:01 AM

WORKIN is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alec W:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WORKIN:
Here is how i mounted my antenna. i use a 4' firestix o-ground plane.........i can send and recieve up to about 25 miles....... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Is that a Jeep in the garage? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes.. its the wife's grand cherokee 06,how could you tell that, its such a dark pic.
Old 01-31-2006, 09:17 AM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WORKIN:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alec W:
Here is how i mounted my antenna. i use a 4' firestix o-ground plane.........i can send and recieve up to about 25 miles....... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Is that a Jeep in the garage? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes.. its the wife's grand cherokee 06,how could you tell that, its such a dark pic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's hilarious. One thing I learned about posting pics on the net is if you don't want anyone to see anything, ya better make sure there ain't nothing to see...lol. People can spot anything...

Good eye Workin'...lol.

Ken's a jeeper, Ken's a jeeper... nana ana nana

Mark
Old 01-31-2006, 12:49 PM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OrangeCrush:
That's hilarious. One thing I learned about posting pics on the net is if you don't want anyone to see anything, ya better make sure there ain't nothing to see...lol. People can spot anything...

Good eye Workin'...lol.

Mark </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What? Are you afraid we saw your butt blankets were untidy.

Old 01-31-2006, 01:44 PM
Hummer Veteran

La.Swamp Lobster is off the scale

Hey Ken,
I didn't take any pictures of the install process, but it was real simple, I tied the hot wire to a rocker switch hot side that I have for my K.C. Lites, and ground the C.B. to the ground on same switch. I mounted the box part of the C.B. wiring to the underside of the firewall behind the console with self tapping screws, so that it is out of the way, and conceld very well. I installed a spliter on the coax, and ran the coax out the firewall thought the wiring harness grommet and ran the coax down both sides of the frame to also hide the coax. I used heavy duty zip ties to hold it in place, and came out at the rear bumber on both side between the bumber and the rubber seal that is flexable. (This is the only place that the coax is even visible....also I used a grey coax cable, that is so close to the pewter color of my rig that it is hardly even noticed.) Once up from the bumber, I used simple alum. ant. mounting brackets that I painted blk and bolted them to my rear tail light guards. Installed sticks, zip tied the coax up neatly at rear tail light gaurds,and the job was finished. Took all of about 1 hour to do. By running two coax to each stick, I was able to get a longer run of cable,(About 18' of cable both side)so my reception is great! The only problem with the whole install was where to install the hand-held...I have my cell phone installed where I would like to place it...So I have a new cell phone mount on order, and when it comes in, I will install the mic. in its new home!, but for now, the mic is laid over the console.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fubar:
any pics of the install process/route or the finished install?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by La.Swamp Lobster:
Hey Ken,
I have the same set-up with duel mounted 4 ft. sticks, easy to install, and drilled no holes, mounted the duels to the tail light guards, and looks sweet, works great!...good luck with yours!<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
Hey, here's a pic of our latest mod. It was super difficult getting the packaging off, but I think it looks real cool on the work bench. What do you all think?

(This post especially for OC ) </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 01-31-2006, 01:49 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ssgharkness020147:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:

Which one, there are like 50 little green wires. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Wake up, Carey. It was a joke.
Old 01-31-2006, 01:54 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by La.Swamp Lobster:
Hey Ken,
I didn't take any pictures of the install process, but it was real simple, I tied the hot wire to a rocker switch hot side that I have for my K.C. Lites, and ground the C.B. to the ground on same switch. I mounted the box part of the C.B. wiring to the underside of the firewall behind the console with self tapping screws, so that it is out of the way, and conceld very well. I installed a spliter on the coax, and ran the coax out the firewall thought the wiring harness grommet and ran the coax down both sides of the frame to also hide the coax. I used heavy duty zip ties to hold it in place, and came out at the rear bumber on both side between the bumber and the rubber seal that is flexable. (This is the only place that the coax is even visible....also I used a grey coax cable, that is so close to the pewter color of my rig that it is hardly even noticed.) Once up from the bumber, I used simple alum. ant. mounting brackets that I painted blk and bolted them to my rear tail light guards. Installed sticks, zip tied the coax up neatly at rear tail light gaurds,and the job was finished. Took all of about 1 hour to do. By running two coax to each stick, I was able to get a longer run of cable,(About 18' of cable both side)so my reception is great! The only problem with the whole install was where to install the hand-held...I have my cell phone installed where I would like to place it...So I have a new cell phone mount on order, and when it comes in, I will install the mic. in its new home!, but for now, the mic is laid over the console.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fubar:
any pics of the install process/route or the finished install?

Hey Ken,
I have the same set-up with duel mounted 4 ft. sticks, easy to install, and drilled no holes, mounted the duels to the tail light guards, and looks sweet, works great!...good luck with yours!<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
Hey, here's a pic of our latest mod. It was super difficult getting the packaging off, but I think it looks real cool on the work bench. What do you all think?

(This post especially for OC ) </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Oh it's finished. Thanks for the info, though. I many want to go with dual antennas like you have. I also used 18' of cable.

Here's the linky.
Old 01-31-2006, 03:06 PM
Hummer Deity

Fubar is an unknown quantity at this point

la.swamp, thanks for the write up of the install.
Old 01-31-2006, 04:16 PM
Hummer Authority

ssgharkness020147 is an unknown quantity at this point

I know, I was just messing around. Guess I should have used a smiley.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ssgharkness020147:

Which one, there are like 50 little green wires. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Wake up, Carey. It was a joke. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

-007=
Old 01-31-2006, 05:21 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by h2co-pilot:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OrangeCrush:

Good eye Workin'...lol.

Mark </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What? Are you afraid we saw your butt blankets were untidy.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm so embarrassed.

BTW, Touche.... lol.

Mark