Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > The Woodshed

Old 02-26-2007, 03:14 AM
Hummer Veteran

Urban Ops is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great results from PCM for Less tuning . . .

Old 02-26-2007, 03:17 AM
Hummer Authority

westhillsat is an unknown quantity at this point

I was out all afternoon,

I'm ordering mine NOW!!!!
Old 02-26-2007, 03:18 AM
Hummer Veteran

Gottmud is on a distinguished road

Must be a full moon coming..
Old 02-26-2007, 03:21 AM
Hummer Guru

HummBebe is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by westhillsat
I was out all afternoon,

Old 02-26-2007, 03:22 AM
Steve - SanJose

Quote:
I was out all afternoon,

Westhillsat - Cool, let us know how you like it. I'm sure your feedback will be less of an "infocommercial".
Old 02-26-2007, 03:34 AM
Hummer Novice

A.Anderson is on a distinguished road

Hi,

My name is Alvin, I along with Bryan started PCMforless over 7 years ago doing mail order custom tuning for just about everything GM makes. In that time we have appeared in over 10 well known magazines and traveled all across the country doing dyno days and dyno tuning. We are known for our customer service.

We sell proven custom tailored tuning for how you drive and use your vehicle. Tow with your hummer? Like to run premium fuel? Using a different tire size? We can help, that's our job. We also do dyno tuning at both of our home offices in Indiana PA and Charlotte NC.

For those that are skeptical. I understand completely. Everyone is used to manufacturers coming out and claiming all kinds of neat and great things only to completely fail to deliver.

One thing is for certain. We are not a fly by night company. We have been doing this for quite a while and you can find our names on forums for corvettes, hummers, Colorado, trailblazers, camaros, GTO's, etc. I'll promise you that you'll have a very hard time finding anyone who is not pleased with our work.

Unlike just about any other performance parts manufacturer we offer a money back guarantee if your not happy with what we do for you.

So considering how widely known we are, how we offer a money back guarantee, and how many very happy customers there are even on this site I do not understand at all where all this brash accusing and name calling is coming from.

If you do not own one of our products or do not plan on at least trying one of them please have a little respect before bashing them or saying slanderous things like we copy other tuners. The things some people have been saying here are unfounded lies, totally unbiased, and unprovoked! You would have thought by reading their reply that we have pissed off a couple H3 customers already and stole thier money!

Shawn has worked closely with us and even wrote a article w/ us on how to tune your GM truck for Chevy High Performance magazine. (May 05? maybe he will back me up on the right article) He has seen the inner workings of our tuning and strategy. He is on here backing us up. Don't you think a man in his position would call us out if we sold snake oil? Go pick up a Chevy high performance magazine and see if we advertise in it.. We don't. They don't owe us anything.

Shawn (ChevyHighPerfomance) also backs us up with the cold hard facts that the Colorados and H3's are tuned exactly the same from the factory. Therefore both have the same shortcomings in the factory tune and both can stand to be optimized for each (and differently) for colorado and H3. The factory really did a hack job on these things. The dyno sheet is a good representation of what you will get in a H3 as they are the same engine. The performance gain is also noted by about everyone who has tried our tune on this site! If we where selling snake oil do you think they would have reported anything positive?

IF you think we are total BS than please don't buy anything form us. If you have any questions as to our service our product I'm sure others who have purchased and tried our tuning will be glad to comment.

If you have a technical question or what to talk to me personally you may call me at 704-307-4227.

To those who have given us a shot we greatly appreciate the comments you have made. I'm sorry we have a few people who want to ruin the good thing we have here.

Thank you
Alvin Anderson
Alvin@pcmforless.com

PS. It is my understanding that Kelly has been trying to get a hold of a moderator about advertising for a good couple weeks now. If a moderator happens to catch this message can you please get a hold of us for advertising information.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:46 AM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Anderson
Hi,

My name is Alvin, I along with Bryan started PCMforless over 7 years ago doing mail order custom tuning for just about everything GM makes. In that time we have appeared in over 10 well known magazines and traveled all across the country doing dyno days and dyno tuning. We are known for our customer service.

We sell proven custom tailored tuning for how you drive and use your vehicle. Tow with your hummer? Like to run premium fuel? Using a different tire size? We can help, that's our job. We also do dyno tuning at both of our home offices in Indiana PA and Charlotte NC.

For those that are skeptical. I understand completely. Everyone is used to manufacturers coming out and claiming all kinds of neat and great things only to completely fail to deliver.

One thing is for certain. We are not a fly by night company. We have been doing this for quite a while and you can find our names on forums for corvettes, hummers, Colorado, trailblazers, camaros, GTO's, etc. I'll promise you that you'll have a very hard time finding anyone who is not pleased with our work.

Unlike just about any other performance parts manufacturer we offer a money back guarantee if your not happy with what we do for you.

So considering how widely known we are, how we offer a money back guarantee, and how many very happy customers there are even on this site I do not understand at all where all this brash accusing and name calling is coming from.

If you do not own one of our products or do not plan on at least trying one of them please have a little respect before bashing them or saying slanderous things like we copy other tuners. The things some people have been saying here are unfounded lies, totally unbiased, and unprovoked! You would have thought by reading their reply that we have pissed off a couple H3 customers already and stole thier money!

Shawn has worked closely with us and even wrote a article w/ us on how to tune your GM truck for Chevy High Performance magazine. (May 05? maybe he will back me up on the right article) He has seen the inner workings of our tuning and strategy. He is on here backing us up. Don't you think a man in his position would call us out if we sold snake oil? Go pick up a Chevy high performance magazine and see if we advertise in it.. We don't. They don't owe us anything.

Shawn (ChevyHighPerfomance) also backs us up with the cold hard facts that the Colorados and H3's are tuned exactly the same from the factory. Therefore both have the same shortcomings in the factory tune and both can stand to be optimized for each (and differently) for colorado and H3. The factory really did a hack job on these things. The dyno sheet is a good representation of what you will get in a H3 as they are the same engine. The performance gain is also noted by about everyone who has tried our tune on this site! If we where selling snake oil do you think they would have reported anything positive?

IF you think we are total BS than please don't buy anything form us. If you have any questions as to our service our product I'm sure others who have purchased and tried our tuning will be glad to comment.

If you have a technical question or what to talk to me personally you may call me at 704-307-4227.

To those who have given us a shot we greatly appreciate the comments you have made. I'm sorry we have a few people who want to ruin the good thing we have here.

Thank you
Alvin Anderson
Alvin@pcmforless.com

PS. It is my understanding that Kelly has been trying to get a hold of a moderator about advertising for a good couple weeks now. If a moderator happens to catch this message can you please get a hold of us for advertising information.

OK....I think you have been heard.

One more time Alvin....AWD or 4WD?
Old 02-26-2007, 03:54 AM
Hummer Authority

tomp is an unknown quantity at this point

So Alvin, maybe you are the one we need here to be able to answer questions? There are some very knowledgable members here and expect a technically inclined answer when ones due.

Please explain to us how this "personal" tuning is accomplished/accurate when they are done in-house and not on a track or dyno? Where the initial maps created at least in this fashion? This would be an acceptable approach, providing they are down-tuned to allow for variances in weight, wind, towing etc.

We were not getting the answers we were looking for, thus I am assuming is the reason you posted. Please explain the above. Thanks!
Old 02-26-2007, 03:55 AM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummBebe
OK....I think you have been heard.

One more time Alvin....AWD or 4WD?

You get to pick on the order form, I picked 4WD
Old 02-26-2007, 03:58 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

I still want to know if alvin & keliente live together.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:09 AM
Hummer Messiah

Quote:
I hear no spoken words here. You're confusing slander with libel, and there's none of that going on here. You're just getting poked at by rightfully skeptical & educated folks.
*Edit* Found info.

Last edited by DRTYFN : 02-26-2007 at 04:35 AM.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:10 AM
Hummer Authority

And lets note that 4 members of this forum were discussing this before Kelly posted on this thread.

She didn't start the thread, just stepped in to answer questions.

And as a 48 year old old fart, I don't have a problem with that!!!!!!!
Old 02-26-2007, 04:13 AM
Hummer Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomp
So Alvin, maybe you are the one we need here to be able to answer questions? There are some very knowledgable members here and expect a technically inclined answer when ones due.

Please explain to us how this "personal" tuning is accomplished/accurate when they are done in-house and not on a track or dyno? Where the initial maps created at least in this fashion? This would be an acceptable approach, providing they are down-tuned to allow for variances in weight, wind, towing etc.

We were not getting the answers we were looking for, thus I am assuming is the reason you posted. Please explain the above. Thanks!

Kelly is perfectly able to answer these questions. However calling her/us names is not the right way to initiate conversation with anyone.

GM puts tons of nanny controls on the PCM. They also tune for the worst available gas (lower than 87 octane). On top of that they set the trans shift points up so soccer moms don't complain because they can actually feel them. You have to think in terms of GM. They do not know if you are going to try to tow big loads around, totally abuse the truck, or run the worst gas you can find.. All they know is they have to replace hard parts if you are that 16 year old kid that likes to do burnouts and donuts. Therefore they put a nanny settings in all production vehicles.

We ask questions on the ordersheets about your towing capacity so we can get a feel on how you are going to use your truck. We also have 3 different shift maps including firmness, TCC lockup, and trans shift points for you to choose from so you get your taste in shifting all the way from weak to firm. We also have around 17 different base programs we pick out biased on your modifications for different intakes, levels of modifications to the exhaust. We also have 3 different settings for towing which changes how we set up the shift points (again), how much part throttle advance we run, and what AFR we set to target on high loads.

This goes on and on.. I guess the best way to get a judgement on what we use to build a custom tune is to get on our website and look at our ordersheet.

We have worked this down to a science with R&D vehicles and TONS of experience tuning everything from totally stock vehicles to cars like a 99 TA that runs 9.77 naturally aspirated, 93 octane, drag radials, and chambered exhaust. (You should see that very soon in a GM high tech article titled "LS1 vs. LT1 shootout"

As for the other question H3's are full time 4WD. I think Kelly said they where AWD earlier. Don't you think that is kind of a nit picky thing to try to demean her with?
Old 02-26-2007, 04:14 AM
Hummer Authority

This took me 1 minute.

Alvin's Ship to address Contact info:Kelly KorbasASE Certified Tech, Phone Sales, Support, Order StatusAlvin AndersonEngineer, Tuner, Technical SupportTelephone:(704)-307-4227(Office)Hours:M-F 9AM-5PM EST
Ship To:

PCMforless7412 Claymont DriveCharlotte, NC28227Vehicle Supported:All V6 Cars (excludes trucks)I4 I5 and I6 trucks (Colorado, Canyon, H3, Trailblazer, etc)93 and older Cars95 and older OBD1 TrucksI4 Ecotech 2.0, 2.2, 2.4 Trailblazer V8 including 5.3L and 6.0L SS

It's on their website

reference post #91 edit

Last edited by westhillsat : 02-26-2007 at 07:34 AM.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:17 AM
Hummer Novice

You can find our physical address on our website under contact us. Pick your vehicle and it will show you what address serves you.

Also, I don't think the fact that Kelly is my wife (in a couple months) and we do live together is any of your business
Old 02-26-2007, 04:27 AM
Hummer Authority

tomp is an unknown quantity at this point

GM is not doing anything uncommon...All production EPA approved vehicles factory tune in this manner.

And get over the turd comment. You guys keep bringing it up after I admitted/apolgized it was off base quite some time ago. Jeese....

So from the way I understand it, you are saying that you are picking from pre-built maps based on how the customer responds to some questions.

So there is no custom tuning being performed and these are all base/canned maps assembled togther into one load.

You see, at least when I do it from Harley customers I have them a data recording and send me their data file first so they are actually getting a custom tune and not something I assembled from some questions they answered. I have them do this before and after file creation to ensure the knowck sensor does not get activated (something you will never know without ECM data file recordings)

You answered my question. Thank you very much!
Old 02-26-2007, 04:37 AM
Hummer Messiah

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Anderson
You can find our physical address on our website under contact us. Pick your vehicle and it will show you what address serves you.

Also, I don't think the fact that Kelly is my wife (in a couple months) and we do live together is any of your business
You two living together in sin() isn't the issue. Two users that are promoting something and share an IP is highly suspicious. We've seen hucksters try it before.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:42 AM
Hummer Authority

I live in Montana, let me drive to North Carolina or several states away for a personalized on the dyno tune........... a 4WD dyno at that

Oh and tomp, you mentioned temperature, etc. in custom tunes.

Well here in Montana where I live the temperature goes from -40 to 103
Old 02-26-2007, 04:57 AM
Hummer Veteran

Urban Ops is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomp

You answered my question. Thank you very much!

Does this mean you'll STFU and be gone like you said you were like 5 posts back?
Old 02-26-2007, 07:37 AM
Hummer Guru

Originally Posted by keliente
Quote:
You get to pick on the order form, I picked 4WD

I saw that....but she stated the H3 was an AWD. There is a difference.

And just for the record, I had been entirely polite until she started giving me smart ass answers with dancing bananas.

I wish them success. I am in the customer service business, no matter how pissed I get at the client....it never gets this out of control.

Control the sale.

If you don't know, say I DON'T KNOW. I will ask and get back to you.

If you are unable to answer because you would be divulging proprietary information....say so.

Be honest.

If she were my sales person, she'd be off the phones and in a file room pronto stat.