Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > ETC. Forums > General Off Topic

Old 10-24-2006, 02:33 AM
Hummer Expert

GeorgeSSSS is off the scale
Default Prius -- ANNOYING

Is in just me, or does anyone else find the Prius annoying? The shape makes them look like little cockroaches scurrying around. When I'm stopped in traffic next to one, I look down at the driver who always looks embarrassed. And when I see them being driven, the drivers always look really bored -- -- like their driving a refrigerator. No fun or personality; like riding an escalator. It gets you where you want to go, but you don't look forward to the trip. And you certainly don't brag to your friends about having one.

I always enjoy driving my H2 and being seen in it. If I drove a Prius, I'd wear a disguise.

George SSSS
Black 2005 Adventure Series; factory touch screen GPS w/XM radio; factory express open/close sunroof; reclining second row seats; Warn 9.5ti Multi-Mount Winch; Gobi Stealth roof rack with PIAA lights; HotShot windshield washer fluid system
Old 10-24-2006, 04:36 AM
Hummer Expert

Default Re: Prius -- ANNOYING

Shooting a Prius from a helicopter gunship with miniguns.

Oh my!!
Black 2005 Adventure Series; factory touch screen GPS w/XM radio; factory express open/close sunroof; reclining second row seats; Warn 9.5ti Multi-Mount Winch; Gobi Stealth roof rack with PIAA lights; HotShot windshield washer fluid system
Old 10-24-2006, 06:47 AM
Hummer Guru

Hmmm2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeSSSS
Is in just me, or does anyone else find the Prius annoying? The shape makes them look like little cockroaches scurrying around. When I'm stopped in traffic next to one, I look down at the driver who always looks embarrassed. And when I see them being driven, the drivers always look really bored -- -- like their driving a refrigerator. No fun or personality; like riding an escalator. It gets you where you want to go, but you don't look forward to the trip. And you certainly don't brag to your friends about having one.

I always enjoy driving my H2 and being seen in it. If I drove a Prius, I'd wear a disguise.

George SSSS
ROFLOL! I think you hit the nail on the head!
Old 10-24-2006, 06:59 AM
Hummer Authority

ssgharkness020147 is an unknown quantity at this point

Though I think that the Prius is an ugly piece of crap, its the drivers I have problems with. And latley I've been having more and more problems with toy-ota drivers in general.
Today I was headed down a four lane road following a camery that was going a little under the limit, noticing that the road was about to merge lanes I went to pass it. As I got up to pass it that FUC*ER swerved in to my lane, almost causing me to hit his piece of sh*t box car, AND I got to nail a curb nice and hard with my passangers side front tire. Looking back I should have hit the *******, I didnt get the plate number but its an aniversery plate. I'll be looking for it around town, I hope he tries it again. Next time he's gonna pay.

-007=
Old 10-24-2006, 07:14 AM
Hummer Guru

Hmmm2 is on a distinguished road

They play that same game here. You can always see them bending their head down to look in their side mirrors to see if you're speeding up to pass .. then they swerve right in front of you. Right after they do it, you can see their head look up to their rear view mirror to catch your reaction. Jerks.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:26 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmmm3
They play that same game here. You can always see them bending their head down to look in their side mirrors to see if you're speeding up to pass .. then they swerve right in front of you. Right after they do it, you can see their head look up to their rear view mirror to catch your reaction. Jerks.
Sometimes you just have to set a new precedent.
http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=19012
Old 10-24-2006, 07:28 AM
Hummer Authority

ssgharkness020147 is an unknown quantity at this point

The next time it happens, I'm gonna use my video phone to reccord it. Then I'll make sure not to hit him if at all possible. Then I'll take my video along with his plate to the police and file a report. If he does it again, I'll report it. If it happens again, I will nail that car. Cops show up see the past history of what he has done to me. Makes the guess work pretty easy if I have his harassment of me on file. Hopefully, I can nail the moron with some form of attempted fraud. I may have not have the best temper, but usually my calculating ways prevail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmmm3

-007=
Old 10-24-2006, 08:35 AM
Hummer Professional

wilfred is off the scale

The most annoying are the ones clogging up the damn carpool lane They'll be driving 50~55 mph when the speed limit is 65 and the 15 cars piling up behind wants to go 75~80
Old 10-24-2006, 11:33 AM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilfred
The most annoying are the ones clogging up the damn carpool lane They'll be driving 50~55 mph when the speed limit is 65 and the 15 cars piling up behind wants to go 75~80

Believe it or not, they do that because they get better milage at slower speeds. So they screw 15 people behind them so they can save 15 cents. Prius drivers -- it's all about them. Turkeys.
Old 10-24-2006, 05:08 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Phil, those are funy vids!!

I love the kids crowded in the back of the Prius waving and pointing with big smiles at me while the parents appear to be yelling at them to stop and doing everything they can NOT to look at me.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:19 PM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenP
Phil, those are funy vids!!

I love the kids crowded in the back of the Prius waving and pointing with big smiles at me while the parents appear to be yelling at them to stop and doing everything they can NOT to look at me.

Ken: I didn't see a link to the vid you're mentioning. Where is it?

thanks
Old 10-25-2006, 06:37 PM
Hummer Professional

Boar-Ral is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with the others. The Prius as a vehicle is nice. But the drivers are what I have issues with. I took one for a test drive, and I really liked the vehicle. Lots of neat little ideas in the vehicle, and lots of space. But I'd be afraid of being grouped in with other Prius drivers.
Old 10-25-2006, 07:07 PM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilD
So you bought something that would group you with mall cruisers, soccer moms and pimps
That affiliation seems to be limited more to major urban centers in the U.S. and Canada. I've had a lot more positive response to the Hummer than negative. I do live some distance from urbanites, though.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:43 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeSSSS
Ken: I didn't see a link to the vid you're mentioning. Where is it?

thanks
I see where I confused you.

I was referring to 1) Phil's links above.... and..... 2) My experiences.
Old 10-26-2006, 04:20 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

My wifes brother just bought a prius,I took it for a ride.
It drives nice .Its wierd when you take off because the engine isnt running till you get started.Lots of room inside and there is no key needed.
He gets 50mpg at 75mph and 55mpg around town,
I wouldnt buy one but its kinda cool.

On a trip up to Howe Caverns we were using 2 way radios and he says tree hugger to gas guzzler.I thought it was funny.

He got a tax credit of $3,000 also.

I did feel like driving up on his hood
Attached Images

H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 10-26-2006, 04:25 PM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourfourto
My wifes brother just bought a prius,I took it for a ride.
It drives nice .Its wierd when you take off because the engine isnt running till you get started.Lots of room inside and there is no key needed.
He gets 50mpg at 75mph and 55mpg around town,
I wouldnt buy one but its kinda cool.
I liked the gadgets like the keyless entry and starting. I wouldn't replace the Hummer with it, but I could see complimenting it with one, due to the hundreds of kilometers I put on commuting to work each week.
Old 10-26-2006, 05:13 PM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilD
Guys we talking about these things like they are little pests to be swatted, "little cockroaches scurrying around". This may not be the best thread to have wet dreams over one
What are you doing in my dream? Get away from the Prius!