H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Photos of YOUR H2

Old 10-31-2014, 11:37 PM
Hummer Expert

LoJac963 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: LoJac963's Deuce Build

I got the tails from Amazon, was the cheapest I could find and the LED bulbs in the lower bumper lights were from DDMTuning.com

I didn't have to add resistors but the tail lights and lower bumper lights blink opposite from each other when the turn signal is on and the brake is depressed. Why....I can't figure it out but other people running these tails have the same issues. I'm still trying to work out a fix but I don't have much time right now.
Old 11-09-2014, 08:51 PM
Hummer Expert

Latest Update:

Made a bracket from flat steel and installed 2 lights behind the mini grill:

I also added LED's to my lower fog light grill so everything matches, new grill lights and lower fog LED's:

Finally bought an AirDoc. I had to shorten the tube on each side because the Volant box pushed the MAF closer. I took off 2" at the box side and 1" at the engine side. Looks so much better without the giant stock tube/resonator:

That's it for right now. I still have other projects waiting to be installed.....
Old 11-19-2014, 08:11 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

You've done a lot of very nice work upgrading your baby.

I know you spent a lot of time researching the LEDs for your dash and buttons. Could you share the part numbers/specs and quantities? I'm lazy.
Old 11-19-2014, 11:02 PM
Hummer Expert

They are all 3mm diffused white LED's. No part numbers, just bulk LED's you have to buy and individually solder in each one. Not a direct replacement unfortunately. I can pull the sellers name where I bought all the LED's if you're interested!

Thanks for the comments!
Old 08-15-2015, 07:48 PM
Hummer Expert

Newest update, finally installed an oil filter relocation kit. I was fed up with getting covered in oil trying to remove the stock oil filter and rigging up various things to drain the oil away from the crossmember. Another member did the same, I had bought kit previous and none of them worked but this kit was perfect:

Derale 15748:

I had originally thought about putting the filter sideways mounted to the hood bracket but I wanted something more stout so I ended up removing the driver side rock rail/steps and mounted the filter between the front body mount and first rock rail mount. The filter is protected by both but I mounted it a little low so it does hang down maybe 1/2 inch or so beneath the brackets. I don't make it a habit of running things over so I'm not concerned but I'll definitely keep an eye on it. If I would have mounted it any higher the bolts would have interfered with the upper mounting bolt for the rock rail.

The filters the kit call for are absolutely gigantic, none of the options are for Mobil 1 so I found the equivalent:

Compared to the stock filter:

I ended up finding another filter, same diameter as the stock filter but longer, only one with the correct threads which was the one I went with:

Mounted off the truck:

Back on the rig:

Engine side:

Hell of a project, I spent more time trying to figure out where to mount the filter because I mainly wanted to keep it out of the engine compartment. Plus there wasn't much room underneath with all the exhaust piping which is why I chose outside the frame rail.

I'm also working on swapping all my hold halogens on my roof rack with LED's so more pics to come!
Old 08-17-2015, 08:35 AM
Hummer Professional

Lucky1 is off the scale

Nice rig !
Old 08-17-2015, 05:55 PM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky1
Nice rig !

Thanks, I appreciate it!
Old 08-19-2015, 06:23 PM
Hummer Veteran

ryaleon is on a distinguished road

So what happens with the oil cooler lines now? I'm pretty sick of the mess the filter makes during oil changes as well so looking to follow your lead.
Old 08-20-2015, 08:23 PM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryaleon
So what happens with the oil cooler lines now? I'm pretty sick of the mess the filter makes during oil changes as well so looking to follow your lead.

Not sure what you mean, this is just a remote oil filter relocation kit. Allows you to mount your oil filter in an easier to access area. You don't mess with the cooler lines at all.
Old 08-21-2015, 02:51 AM
Hummer Veteran

ryaleon is on a distinguished road

My bad. Had a brain fart haha.
Old 09-15-2015, 05:37 PM
Hummer Expert

twenty2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Been watching this thread since the start, and love what you've done! Amazing clean work! Just wished I lived close to you to have you do some stuff on mine!!! Keep up the great work!
2003 H2 Lux Series. Murdered Out! 20x10 Eagle Wrapped with Nitto Mud Grapplers 35x12.5x20 Full tint including windshield, full LED interior, K&N Intake, HID Headlights & Fogs, Plasti Dip Skid plate & front/back Lower Bumpers, List goes on!
Old 09-17-2015, 04:45 AM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by twenty2
Been watching this thread since the start, and love what you've done! Amazing clean work! Just wished I lived close to you to have you do some stuff on mine!!! Keep up the great work!

Thanks, I appreciate that! If you need any advice or help with any mods just let me know. I've walked numerous members through some mods I've done through PM on the various forums. Shoot me a PM if you need anything!
Old 09-17-2015, 07:58 AM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoJac963
Thanks, I appreciate that! If you need any advice or help with any mods just let me know. I've walked numerous members through some mods I've done through PM on the various forums. Shoot me a PM if you need anything!

Sounds great! Thanks! I know I'd like to change all my dash and a/c controls and so on to LED white as you did since a lot of mine are burned out including my steering wheel column. And, I even took out my HIDs from that same company you had originally due to them not working all the time!
2003 H2 Lux Series. Murdered Out! 20x10 Eagle Wrapped with Nitto Mud Grapplers 35x12.5x20 Full tint including windshield, full LED interior, K&N Intake, HID Headlights & Fogs, Plasti Dip Skid plate & front/back Lower Bumpers, List goes on!
Old 09-18-2015, 05:42 AM
Hummer Expert

Full interior LED's aren't bad at all. A decent fine tip soldering iron, fine solder, and some solder wick you its game on. Let me know when you're ready to start that up. I'll find the Ebay seller I bought all my LED's from.
Old 10-11-2015, 08:24 PM
Hummer Veteran

BUNNY15 is on a distinguished road

This is a pretty cool idea. Never really crossed my mind.

2003 H2, Moog Idler, Pitman, Up/Low BJ, In/Out TR, Fabtech 6in Lift, Yokohama Geolander M/T 40x15.50x20, Black XD Bombs 20x9, Bilstein 5100 Shocks, Yukon 5:13 gears f/r, Hypertech Max programmer, KC 851 HID's 35w, Pioneer DVD/NAV/TOUCHSC, 10" woofers, 6k Headlight HID's, White LED DRL (wired to run w/headlights on),Custom University of Texas gauges, Custom yellow paint. interior, Fuel pump/filter (Feb '13), Rebuilt 4L60E (April '13) & Rebuilt Transfer Case (Oct '14)
Old 10-29-2015, 11:16 PM
Hummer Expert

Finally changed all my junk halogens on the front of the roof rack over to LED bars:

From Amazon, nothing to expensive but they are very bright and look to be very well sealed. The driver side is slightly different as the others I ordered were different. I had to modify the other 3 bars brackets so I may change out that driver side so they're all the exact same but it will work for now.

I also swapped out my Truklite LED headlights for Philips 75 watt LED headlights. I like the Philips much better, the lows cast light everywhere not just in spots. The highs are decent but I still need to get them aimed down.

Here's the lights with the DRL's on:

Lows:

Highs turn all the LED's on which adds more of a longer thrown spot:

Couple pics of everything on just for fun:

Old 10-29-2015, 11:49 PM
Hummer Authority

guruerror is on a distinguished road

The LEDs on the roof rack...are those Benson LEDs? The Ultra Thin ones?

I just ordered some 6" bars...if yours are Benson, what size are they (8", 10", etc.) and what's the actual width from the tip of the side bolt to the tip of the other side bolt. I'm trying to get a feel for the actual width of the 6" ones that I ordered; whether the lens will be 6" or the entire light will be 6". Mine'll be here Monday...but I like to plan ahead...lol.

...and what watt are yours?

Last edited by guruerror : 10-30-2015 at 12:00 AM.
Old 10-30-2015, 04:37 AM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by guruerror
The LEDs on the roof rack...are those Benson LEDs? The Ultra Thin ones?

I just ordered some 6" bars...if yours are Benson, what size are they (8", 10", etc.) and what's the actual width from the tip of the side bolt to the tip of the other side bolt. I'm trying to get a feel for the actual width of the 6" ones that I ordered; whether the lens will be 6" or the entire light will be 6". Mine'll be here Monday...but I like to plan ahead...lol.

...and what watt are yours?

I replied to your question on the other thread but for others: They are Eyourlife bars from Amazon, 11" 50 watt, 4900 lumens the add says.
Old 11-05-2015, 05:19 AM
Hummer Expert

Another small update. I've had the billet side vents in my garage forever. The chrome was tore up from a seller I bought them from back east. I finally got them cleaned up, painted, and installed. Interesting look..

Driver Side:

Passenger Side:

Old 01-11-2016, 06:48 PM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoJac963
Finally changed all my junk halogens on the front of the roof rack over to LED bars:

From Amazon, nothing to expensive but they are very bright and look to be very well sealed. The driver side is slightly different as the others I ordered were different. I had to modify the other 3 bars brackets so I may change out that driver side so they're all the exact same but it will work for now.

I also swapped out my Truklite LED headlights for Philips 75 watt LED headlights. I like the Philips much better, the lows cast light everywhere not just in spots. The highs are decent but I still need to get them aimed down.

Here's the lights with the DRL's on:

Lows:

Highs turn all the LED's on which adds more of a longer thrown spot:

Couple pics of everything on just for fun:

Sent you a pm regarding headlights...