H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 12-24-2008, 01:45 AM
Hummer Professional

Dave92270 is on a distinguished road
Default good deal or not?

hi guys,

need some advice here...

found a new '08 H2 SUV at the dealership for $45k (MSRP sticker $59k). Wonder if it is a good deal, seems not bad to me. I haven't seen the vehicle in person yet but thinking about going to check it out. Not sure how many miles on it. I wonder if dealer would get rid of 3rd row seats for me, I need cargo area, not seats.. I'd trade-in my H3 after thinking about it for some time, also wonder if there is any chance that I could get the price even lower. I'd be willing to pay cash. Also depends what they'd offer for my H3 (6.5k miles only); truck is minty, despite off-roading every once a while. I could swap my M/T 33's for original blingy 20" 305-50-R20's and reinstall chrome stepbars for more appealing look (for most buyers anyway I think).

thanks!

here are details:

MSRP $59,285
Red Tag Price $55,244
Cash Back $10,000
Sale Price $45,244

..and the window sticker:

Window StickerDivision of General Motors Corporation
HUMMER H2 SUV
ENGINE, 6.2L V8 VORTEC
TRANSMISSION, 6 SPD AUTOMATIC
Black
Ebony Interior Trim
MANUFACTURER'S SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE $59,285.00
STANDARD VEHICLE PRICE $57,425.00
Options installed by Manufacturer
SMOKER'S PACKAGE

CARPETED FLOOR MATS, FRONT/REAR

UNIVERSAL HOME REMOTE

1SA BASE EQUIPMENT PACKAGE

POWER SUNROOF

THIRD ROW SEAT
(DELETES REAR CARGO MAT)

TOTAL OPTIONS $960.00
TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS $58,385.00
DESTINATION CHARGE $900.00
TOTAL VEHICLE PRICE*** $59,285.00

STANDARD EQUIPMENT
Items Featured Below are included at NO EXTRA CHARGE in the Standard Vehicle Price Shown at Right

***CHASSIS / SUSPENSION***
5 YEAR / 100,000 MILE POWERTRAIN LIMITED WARRANTY SEE DEALER FOR DETAILS
ENGINE, 6.2L V8 VORTEC, 393 HP
TRANSMISSION, 6 SPD AUTOMATIC
3-PIECE LADDER-TYPE FRAME
INDEP FRONT SUSPENSION W/TORSION BARS
COIL SPRING REAR SUSPENSION
TRANSFER CASE, ELECTRONIC
ELEC LOCKING REAR DIFFERENTIAL
FRONT & REAR RECOVERY LOOPS
UNDERBODY PROTECTION
ROCKER PANEL PROTECTION
8600 LB GVW RATING
REAR AXLE - 3.73
***SAFETY & SECURITY***
STABILITRAK-STABILITY CONTROL
AIRBAGS, DUAL FRONTAL, PASSENGER SIDE DEACTIVATION
HEAD CURTAIN SIDE AIRBAGS, FRONT/REAR
REMOTE VEHICLE START
REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY
ANTILOCK BRAKE SYSTEM, HYDRAULIC POWER 4 WHEEL DISC
TRACTION CONTROL SYSTEM
DAYTIME RUNNING LAMPS
AUTO HEADLAMPS
THEFT DETERRENT SYSTEM
BATTERY RUNDOWN PROTECTION
1 YR ONSTAR DIRECTIONS W/TURN- BY-TURN NAVIGATION (ASK DEALER ABOUT GEOGRAPHIC COVERAGE)
***INTERIOR FEATURES***
SEATS, FRONT BUCKET, FULL LEATHER DRIVER & FRONT PASSENGER HEATED SEATS
PWR SEAT ADJUST, DRIVER, FRONT PASSENGER 8 WAY POWER LUMBAR, DRIVER, FRONT PASSENGER
FOLD-FLAT REAR HEATED SEATS
CRUISE CONTROL
AUTO DUAL ZONE CLIMATE CONTROL
CLIMATE CONTROL, REAR SEAT
ILLUMINATED CENTER CONSOLE
GLOBAL EXPRESS DOWN POWER WINDOWS
REAR WINDOW DEFOGGER
DRIVER INFORMATION CENTER
LEATHER WRAP STEERING WHEEL W/ REDUNDANT CONTROLS
MAP POCKETS IN FRT & RR DOORS
AM/FM STEREO, 6 DISC CD CHANGER, W/ AUX. INPUT JACK
AUDIO SYSTEM, BOSE PREMIUM SOUND, 9 SPEAKERS
XM SATELLITE RADIO - SERVICE FEE EXTRA. 1ST 3 MOS. INCL.
***EXTERIOR FEATURES***
REAR SPARE TIRE CARRIER
CHROME DOOR HANDLES
CHROME FUEL FILLER DOOR
POWER FOLDING HEATED OUTSIDE MIRRORS
FRONT WINCH RECEIVER
CLASS III TRAILER HITCH RECEIVER
17" ALUMINUM WHEELS
TIRES, LT315/70R17 ON/OFF ROAD, BLACKWALL
TIRES, LT315/70R17 ON/OFF ROAD, BLACKWALL
Old 12-24-2008, 02:21 AM
Hummer Professional

s_c5519 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: good deal or not?

If it is brand new with whatever miles it came from the factory with (say 4-10 or so), then it's a great deal, I think so anyway. I have been checking the red tag sales and the H2's are not as discounted as the 08 Escalades. I just bought a brand new 08 Escalade with 10 miles for $18,420 under sticker... They also had another 08 escalade with I think 2,000 miles (it was a dealer demo), and that one was a few grand more off than mine... But as I mentioned the Hummers are not as discounted, and the 08 vettes are not as much either... But I think it's a great time to buy, I bought an H2 during the emplyee discount a few years back and I think I got like $9,000 off sticker and that was unheard of back then!

Last edited by s_c5519 : 12-24-2008 at 02:25 AM.
Old 12-24-2008, 02:26 AM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_c5519
If it is brand new with whatever miles it came from the factory with (say 4-10 or so), then it's a great deal, I think so anyway. I have been checking the red tag sales and the H2's are not as discounted as the 08 Escalades. I just bought a brand new 08 Escalade with 10 miles for $18,420 under sticker...

well, this is $14k under sticker, and I wonder if they'd go lower, if there is room to negotiate... I think that the vehicle will have probably more miles then from the factory, but possibly still under a 100. I'm tempted to swing to dealership tonight, they're open for another 3.5 hours. Or, I may go tomorrow but got nothing else tonight to do really..
Old 12-24-2008, 03:27 AM
Hummer Novice

AC HUM1 is on a distinguished road

I wouldn't walk out of the dealer with an '08 H2 for anymore than $38,000. Drive it around the corner and they will give you $18,000 for it ughhh. I sure love them though.
Old 12-24-2008, 03:40 AM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC HUM1
I wouldn't walk out of the dealer with an '08 H2 for anymore than $38,000. Drive it around the corner and they will give you $18,000 for it ughhh. I sure love them though.

I sort of thought about the same number or close to it; the kbb quotes me $19k for trade-in, Intelliprice $18k.. so I figured that if dealer would offer those $19k for trade-in, I'd pay extra $20k cash for $39k total; or whatever deal they'd would figure out but wouldn't want to add more then $20k plus trade-in H3 .Not sure if it is realistic though. I also noticed that this particular H2 lacks adventure package which I'd love to have...I don't care about NAV and other luxuries though.
Old 12-24-2008, 04:13 AM
Hummer Professional

hummeraddict is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_c5519
If it is brand new with whatever miles it came from the factory with (say 4-10 or so), then it's a great deal, I think so anyway. I have been checking the red tag sales and the H2's are not as discounted as the 08 Escalades. I just bought a brand new 08 Escalade with 10 miles for $18,420 under sticker... They also had another 08 escalade with I think 2,000 miles (it was a dealer demo), and that one was a few grand more off than mine... But as I mentioned the Hummers are not as discounted, and the 08 vettes are not as much either... But I think it's a great time to buy, I bought an H2 during the emplyee discount a few years back and I think I got like $9,000 off sticker and that was unheard of back then!
LOL, theres a dealer in my city that is offering a free chevy equinox to the person that buys the demo escalade for 65,000.
Old 12-24-2008, 06:28 AM
Hummer Novice

AC HUM1 is on a distinguished road

Thats what I would offer if I was you. You would probably come out with a new H2 doing that. I strolled into my local dealer over the weekend only to find that they recently swapped to selling Saturns. They had the new Hummer building and all, with the Hummer sign covered by a vinyl Saturn sign. I did find the last few Hummers sitting sadly around back in a small group where nobody could see them. One salesman almost begged me to come in, so you could pretty much do some crazy dealing right now. I say go for it!
Old 12-24-2008, 07:34 AM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC HUM1
Thats what I would offer if I was you. You would probably come out with a new H2 doing that. I strolled into my local dealer over the weekend only to find that they recently swapped to selling Saturns. They had the new Hummer building and all, with the Hummer sign covered by a vinyl Saturn sign. I did find the last few Hummers sitting sadly around back in a small group where nobody could see them. One salesman almost begged me to come in, so you could pretty much do some crazy dealing right now. I say go for it!

In my town the dealership somewhat keeps the prices high - they easily ask $65-$70k for '09's, this particular one is the only H2 priced under $60k I think, be it '08 or '09. But I guess it wouldn't hurt to try some negotiations. I don't won't the truck for free, however why pay too much. I got appraisal for my trade-in from Intelliprice, and I had call from dealership within an hour...
Old 12-24-2008, 08:57 PM
Hummer Expert

HummerMann is on a distinguished road

That's a good deal on a new one! I've had my eye on a new white '09 SUT on the dealer's lot and it's gone now. Looking at their web site they've sold 4 H2s this month and several H3s. Auto World says the Hummer is one of the best selling US SUVs so far this December, with sales up from Sept, Oct, and Nov. I'm hoping we're not past the best time to deal. I test drove an '09 and I don't like the new seats as well as the seats on my 06 and it's hard to rest your arm by the side window, but I do like the new instrument panel, the increased power, and it seems quieter, probably because it's newer. They're dealing about $6,000 off sticker tops here!

Hummer, like nothing else
Old 12-25-2008, 11:40 AM
Hummer Veteran

badss98 is on a distinguished road

We bought our 2007 lux at the end of 2007 with a sticker of 63k for 41.700 out the door plus tax, If that is new i would lowball an offer as we did.It took 3 weeks of them calling and trying to renegoiate the price but we were firm,Let the dealer know you will be shopping price and have a lax attitude about how soon you want the truck as you dont have a set timetable for delivery . I can assure you they will drop the price because now is crunch time for model changeover-they will go into dealer cash to make the deal.
Good luck and happy holidays to all

2007 h3 base,rear dvd,tinted windows,leveling kit,silver with painted stock wheels,carbon fiber hoodvent and lettering, Daily driver
Old 12-25-2008, 10:45 PM
Hummer Professional

OK, I think that I have some room to negotiate then. I'll try to maybe let them deliver one like that, but with adventure package. Maybe. Do I need the adventure? Surely wouldn't hurt.

btw happy holidays!!
Old 12-26-2008, 01:13 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Does it matter if someone else thinks it's a good deal or that you think it's a good deal?
Old 12-26-2008, 10:53 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

My 05 that I bought May 28,2004 listed for $68,000 and I paid $52,900 for it then. It had everything except Nav. on it. At that time it was a steal only because salesman thought he was selling a 04 and did not even know that the color Stealth Gray was a 2005 new color only. They had the deal wrote up and the check for payment in hand when he double checked the vin and realized it was an 05 rig. He said he did not think they cold do that and I reminded him politely that he had a signed contract between The Landers Group and me signed by the GM plus he had payment in his hand that he had already given me a receipt. I told him I needed to head to Dallas next day and I would be dropped off to hop in my detailed new 2005 H2.

He went back to GM and I saw shouting jestures then they took me to the finance manager where I walked off with paperwork deal closed. I had just accidently pulled off the deal of my life up to that point.

I would say the deal you are looking at is a good shot but, does not hurt to get a firm offer from them and then shop some other dealers. I had lined up offers in Dallas, St. Louis, and Raliegh Durham that I told them I would be on a plane to get the rig I wanted for the right price. With the times we are in right now I would think paying $38,000 range give or take either way would be equivalent since I bought my rig in a sticker only time since everyone and their dog was buying an H2 then.

Good Luck,

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 12-26-2008, 07:33 PM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRTYFN
Does it matter if someone else thinks it's a good deal or that you think it's a good deal?

well I very much respect and value opinions of other Hummer owners around this forum; I have nobody else to ask. For my H3 I paid crazy sum, and don't want to repeat the same mistake again.

So yes, it matters to me if others think it is a good deal (or not).
Old 12-26-2008, 10:07 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave92270
well I very much respect and value opinions of other Hummer owners around this forum; I have nobody else to ask. For my H3 I paid crazy sum, and don't want to repeat the same mistake again.

So yes, it matters to me if others think it is a good deal (or not).
Okay. An '08 for $45K is a pretty smoking deal. Only drawback is that it's black.
Old 12-27-2008, 04:41 AM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRTYFN
Okay. An '08 for $45K is a pretty smoking deal. Only drawback is that it's black.

not a drawback for me - I want a black one, and only black. Again, am I going to miss a lot with lacking adventure package? Good news is that my wife agrees finally that I need one.
Old 12-27-2008, 04:58 AM
Hummer Authority

HummerJim is an unknown quantity at this point

Adventure package gives you the air suspension, black brush guard, black roof racks, off road rubber mats and a first aid/tool kit. I like the compressor, but you can buy an aftermarket one and a brush guard.
I know your pain. I paid sticker for one of the first H3s (although I've never regretted it and even though I took a hit monetarily, it was worth it for the fun I had with one of only a handful on the streets). The H2 Adventure Package is a totally different animal from the H3 Adventure Package.
I bought my H2 earlier this year, and am happy with the deal I got then - in the ball park to what you are talking! I took along a friend of mine who is retired and was a long time Cadillac salesman, and as he told me before we started, you're not going to beat them at their own game. They do this everyday for a living, but the time has never been better to buy a Hummer than it is now.
IMHO buying a Hummer is not a great financial investment (I'm not sure anything is a great financial investment these days), BUT rather an investment in fun, mental health, physical health, and peace of mind to go where other vehicles fear to tread.

Last edited by HummerJim : 12-27-2008 at 05:04 AM.
Old 12-27-2008, 02:21 PM
Hummer Expert

HummerMann is on a distinguished road

I've have my eye on an '09 at the dealer. I still like my '06, but they are willing to deal more on the '08 H2s left on the lot. They have told me outright expect around $13,000 off an '08 and $8,000 off the sticker of an '09. They've come down another $2,000 on both the '08 and '09 in the last week!The only exterior difference I see on the '09 is the flex fuel sticker on the tailgate and one of the ones I like has the Captain's chairs in the back.
As for the Adventure Package, I bought my brush guard off this site and I have the air suspension, which is nice to have, but I only have used it for towing. You can buy a higher capacity air compressor on Ebay. For that matter, once in a blue moon, they have one of the factory tool/first aid H2 Adventure Package kits on Ebay.
I'm thinking the closer they get to the end of the year the more they will be willing to move their stock to avoid taxes and financing on their inventory. I've gotten over the highest hurdle, convincing the wife we need a second Hummer and this one will be all hers! She wants white, what is it about women and white H2s.

Hummer, like nothing else
Old 12-27-2008, 11:12 PM
Hummer Professional

I agree - buying a Hummer H2 is probably not great investment these days, but I do fully accept the fact that I will lose some half of the H2's value just driving it off the dealership these days. However, I plan to keep the vehicle for long time, so it's not an issue. I'd actually want to keep my H3 alongside, but then it's 2x insurance etc, plus garage space that I don't have unless I throw out bunch of wife's junk and shred some two decades of bookkeeping paperwork. I guess H3 is probably more practical, but I definitely want H2, I know that. And with the possibility that the production is going to cease soon, I want to secure H2 for myself while I can. I thought about beefing up the 3 instead, but why to do that when 2 is available, and at such a discount...

I think I could get by without adventure package because my offroading is very light (desert trails) compared to what others do. But would be nice to have it. I've been busy last couple of days and didn't even go to the dealership, but I should go check it out soon. I think this deal expires on Jan 5th.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:34 PM
Hummer Professional

well looks like I don't have to worry about this particular vehicle anymore because its gone, sold. In fact, they must've sold two H2's within a few days because they have only 2 left out of 4 they had. Apparently H2s definitely sell well these days. What they have left now are two LUX '09's, each at $8k off MSRP - offered at $63k and $65k after the discounts. Guess I missed out on a good deal...damn.