H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 06-14-2011, 04:12 AM
Hummer Authority

Bimmer9938 is on a distinguished road
Default The Official "Elcova" H2 Body Lift thread (for those who say it can't be done).

After doing tons of research I have found several body lifted H2's on the web, some are easier to spot then others...

This is a 1" body lift. The owner claims he made the lift pucks himself. I wouldn't recommend making them yourself or using hockey pucks for that matter since there was no R&D or testing to ensure they are safe. You can purchase the 1", 2" or 3" lift blocks on www.performanceaccesories.com
, he built custom bumpers so it's hard to detect the BL.

This is a clean looking 2" body lift, I'm assuming this used to have 44 or 46" tires at one time since these 40's are swimming under it. Other than the gap guards it's hard to detect the BL since he had his bumpers extended. Look at how tall the front bumper is and how much the rear drops down from the end caps. A clean install, just a lil much on top of a huge FTS lift.

Here is a 3" BL that used the lift blocks to raise the front bumper, kinda looks like a crack head's smile though, especially using the slimmer style "small block" vs. the "big block" aka 3"diameter (not height).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBiyB70hMuk

I'm assuming he raised the rear bumper by raising the rear clip with 3" square tube stock, and bolting it between the clip/hitch and frame.

Here is an example of a 3" BL with the front bumper and fascia with a filler but no rear bumper raised... looks like poop (raise the bumper). Keep in mind your rock rails and tube steps are mounted to the frame, and will look retarded with a body lift cause they will be hanging way down.

Last edited by Bimmer9938 : 06-14-2011 at 03:24 PM.
Old 06-14-2011, 04:13 AM
Hummer Authority

Default Re: The Official "Elcova" H2 Body Lift thread (for those who say it can't be done).

Now the guys at B&C off road do body lift installs a little different. They cut the frame right after the core support in the front (right in front of the steering box), and right before the last body mount in the rear. The weld in steel square stock and cap the ends of the open frame. They raise the cut portions of the frame right with the body. It's a nice look and for what they quoted me ($1300 parts included) seemed like a fair deal. I originally wanted to go this route, but I don't live in TX (where B&C is located) and no shops in NC were willing to take on this project, so I went a different route. If you look at these pics, especially at the front next to the skid plate you can see the squared off capped frame where it was raised.

Notice how you can see over the frame right in front of the rear wheel wells. This is why I opted to only go 2" on mine. I think it's forgivable on top of a huge lift, but on top of a small suspension or no suspension lift, might look a little weird.

Here is another clean H2 with a body lift using a filler between the front bumper and fascia.

Old 06-14-2011, 04:19 AM
Hummer Authority

Default Re: The Official "Elcova" H2 Body Lift thread (for those who say it can't be done).

Here are some more body lifted H2's, this black one has an early Third Coast suspension and appears to be a B&C install since they are TCS.

Pretty sure this has a B&C installed BL as well.

And another one...

Last edited by Bimmer9938 : 06-14-2011 at 04:22 AM.
Old 06-14-2011, 04:19 AM
Hummer Authority

Old 06-14-2011, 04:29 AM
Hummer Authority

I just installed a 2" body lift on mine. We used a 03-05' 2500HD kit so the bolts would have the same TPI, but we had to buy 4 more bolts. Besides fabbing bumper brackets it was pretty straight forward. My installer said next time he wouldn't buy a kit as the oem fuel hose is more than long enough (at least on the 2" kit) and the steering extender was not necessary since they have a telescoping steering shaft (at least on 2" kit). Basically buy the pucks and match up some bolts, or buy a kit and have a lot of extra parts that your can't use. I'm waiting for him to send me more pics and I'll do a write up. I opted for only a 2" since the 3" will show a gap between the frame and body right before the rear wheel wells and you will see some of the body lift blocks.

I swapped almost all the spacers for the BB-2's to help hold the weighted leverage of the SMA grill guard, note the difference in the block diameters.

Last edited by Bimmer9938 : 06-14-2011 at 06:30 PM.
Old 06-14-2011, 04:30 AM
Hummer Veteran

slippy is on a distinguished road

damn bimmer! B&C offroad is 10 minutes from my house and i had no idea they did h2 body lifts!!!
Thank you for this posting that. i need to track down that guy who did the 2" body lift and fit 40's in there somehow...
Old 06-14-2011, 04:34 AM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
damn bimmer! B&C offroad is 10 minutes from my house and i had no idea they did h2 body lifts!!!
Thank you for this posting that. i need to track down that guy who did the 2" body lift and fit 40's in there somehow...

I just did the 2" body lift (The black H2 SUT). I also have a Rancho suspension and Truxxx keys/blocks.I would have taken out the Rancho and gone for a Bulletproof, Cognito or Third coast but the Rancho required the diff ear mount to be cut off as well as a lower A arm mount , so this was a lot more cost effective.
the 40's fit before, but rubbed... now I have no rubbing.

Mine was done here in NC at RIDES in Conover NC. They got some awesome metal fab guys that work with Nascar and know their stuff. Talk to Kevin @ B&C he was very helpful in my collecting information.

Last edited by Bimmer9938 : 06-14-2011 at 07:21 AM.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:29 PM
Hummer Veteran

Indy is on a distinguished road

For those who have done the 2" Body Lift, I have some questions: What size bolts (I think the 2500HD use metric sizes M12-1.75x160mm and 80mm for the 2" body Lift...in 10.9 strength...is that correct and how many of each...also, I have searched online, but can't seem to find a store which sells these. Any help here?). Also, how many lift pucks in what width...thanks for any help. Cheers, Indy.

Corvette C5 / Millennium Yellow / 6M - 5.7 V8 - sold
Corvette C5 / Nassau Blue / 6M - 5.7 V8 - sold
J E E P ZJ / 7" lift / 35" Cooper STT - sold
J E E P TJ / 7" lift /chillipepper red / 37" MTR - sold
Mustang GT / black / 5M - 4.6 V8 - sold
Old 07-29-2011, 12:20 AM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
For those who have done the 2" Body Lift, I have some questions: What size bolts (I think the 2500HD use metric sizes M12-1.75x160mm and 80mm for the 2" body Lift...in 10.9 strength...is that correct and how many of each...also, I have searched online, but can't seem to find a store which sells these. Any help here?). Also, how many lift pucks in what width...thanks for any help. Cheers, Indy.

I'm not sure what size the bolts are as I bought a 03-05 2500HD kit, I do know even if you buy the kit you will still need to buy two additional bolts. I would call Performance Accessories (the company who makes the kit) and check with them regarding bolt size. If they won't sell you the bolts I would check with www.boltdepot.com they carry everything. The kit uses the 2"BB for the most of the body and that is what I used. The frame has a total of 12 mounts (I just went outside and counted), depending on what you do about your front bumper and DRL fascia you would need more more than that. (I used eight 2"BB and two 2"SB to raise the front bumper).

*Note I had to use two additional 2"BB on the bumper top mounting boats cause they hold my SMA grill guard brackets, so you could probably just use six 2"BB on the front bumper.

Last edited by Bimmer9938 : 07-29-2011 at 12:30 AM.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:18 AM
Hummer Veteran

Indy is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the info. How wide are the BB pucks? 3"? And the SB 2"? Sorry, but having owned lifted Jeeps my entire life, BB stands for Budget Boost and SB for Sway Bar Also, bolt depot only has metric bolts up to 130mm in length for the 12-1.75 size in 10.9 strength....if that is the correct bolt pattern. Well, I guess I'll have to do some more research into this. Cheers, Indy.

Corvette C5 / Millennium Yellow / 6M - 5.7 V8 - sold
Corvette C5 / Nassau Blue / 6M - 5.7 V8 - sold
J E E P ZJ / 7" lift / 35" Cooper STT - sold
J E E P TJ / 7" lift /chillipepper red / 37" MTR - sold
Mustang GT / black / 5M - 4.6 V8 - sold
Old 07-29-2011, 03:05 AM
Hummer Authority

You can ask Brandon over at Rides of Conover where he got the additional bolts, he just told me "a supplier".
Old 08-05-2011, 12:27 AM
Elcova Rookie

gsxr0311 is on a distinguished road

hello bimmer,

I am new to this thread, and I have a question for you about your brush guard. How do you mount it to the truck ? I bought a used one from a guy and I cant figure out how to mount it. it looks as if i need brackets to mount it. Did your come with any other hardware besides the what is in your pictures? Thanks