H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 09-30-2009, 08:20 PM
Hummer Professional

s_c5519 is on a distinguished road
Default Any good deals on the new H2 '09's?

Sold my '07 a while back and looking to possibly get into a new '09. In the New England area the best deals at the moment seem to be about 10k off sticker. That was about how much they have been for at least the last year that I have noticed. Anyone hear or see anything better? It's weird, they have had these sitting on the lots forever, with Hummer doing so poorly, and don't offer anything better to try and get rid of them... The leftover 09' Escalades go up to $19k off of sticker at times... Last year I bought an '08 escalde for $18.4 under and in the forums some people were supposidly getting them for discounts $21k+...
Old 09-30-2009, 10:11 PM
Hummer Veteran

dvl57 is on a distinguished road
Default Discounts

I don't know where you get those kind of deals on brand new 09 Escalades....down here in Texas...there were deals to be had, but nothing like that.
Even brand new H2's, dealers don't need to mark them down more than $5~$6K off sticker because they know they aren't getting anymore...they are holding their value.
The Hummer dealers are selling more of the H3's H3T's.

2008 H2
Billy Boat Exhaust
Old 10-01-2009, 01:16 AM
Hummer Expert

HumminNBoatin' is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Any good deals on the new H2 '09's?

Also in talking with Several Hummer dealers they cannot keep used H2's on the lot. They are selling very well. The reality is an H2 is alot of truck and luxury for the money and with gas prices down people are buying them again. So 10K off sticker on an 09 H2 is not such a bad deal.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:08 AM
Hummer Veteran

dvl57 is on a distinguished road

Especially in here in Texas, SUVs and trucks are king of the road. (for the most part) Every family has atleast one SUV or truck in their driveway.
Maybe dealerships around the country are discounting $10K off a brand new 09 H2, but not here in Texas. The most I've seen was close to $8K off when GM was having their supplier's pricing back in Aug....and that was including the $3K rebate (if one chose to forgo the 0% financing)

But now, it's not even near the savings....

If you're finding $10K off a brand new 09 H2, I would seriously consider yourself getting it as it's a good deal.
That is $10K off of sticker...not including dealer installed (jacked up miscellanious accessories msrp sticker...).

2008 H2
Billy Boat Exhaust
Old 10-03-2009, 02:51 PM
Hummer Professional

ya, very different here, I see one H2 on the road about once a week maybe and they are all older. Not a lot of high ends vehicles in NH, it's different once you cross the border into Mass and especially R.I, and Connecticut...

The Quirk dealer in Manchester NH had one H2 left (they didn't usually get a lot anyway), it was black on black '09, it was advertised constantly in the local paper for exactly $12k under sticker. It was on the lot for at least a year and a half, maybe two! I remember seeing it sitting on a snow bank right in front of the dealer, they would park it with the two front wheels on the bank, looked cool. Summer came and it had salt still on the bottom of it, from test drives in the winter. There was actually some surface rust on some of the underneath parts... I was waiting figuring if it's 12k now, they will drop it further, but they never did, I tried once.. I probably should have jumped on it, but the rust bothered me so I don't consider it a great loss. the wife was bothered by it too, the H2's look so nice from the back underneath when you buy/see them new, this one just looked like a used one...

Oh come to think of it, it sold during the cash for clunkers deal, so I am guessing someone got another $4k off depending what they traded in... I probably should of bought a $100 car and traded taht in... Well, I'll see what happens in the next few weeks with the year end '09 clearance sales...

Last edited by s_c5519 : 10-03-2009 at 03:01 PM.
Old 10-03-2009, 03:17 PM
Hummer Professional

ya, very different here, I see one H2 on the road about once a week maybe and they are all older. Not a lot of high ends vehicles in NH, it's different once you cross the border into Mass and especially R.I, and Connecticut...

The Quirk dealer in Manchester NH had one H2 left (they didn't usually get a lot anyway), it was black on black '09, it was advertised constantly in the local paper for exactly $12k under sticker. It was on the lot for at least a year and a half, maybe two! I remember seeing it sitting on a snow bank right in front of the dealer, they would park it with the two front wheels on the bank, looked cool. Summer came and it had salt still on the bottom of it, from test drives in the winter. There was actually some surface rust on some of the underneath parts... I was waiting figuring if it's 12k now, they will drop it further, but they never did, I tried once.. I probably should have jumped on it, but the rust bothered me so I don't consider it a great loss. the wife was bothered by it too, the H2's look so nice from the back underneath when you buy/see them new, this one just looked like a used one...

Oh come to think it sold during the cash for clunkers deal, so I am guessing someone got another $4k off depending what they traded in... I probably should of bought a $100 car and traded taht in... Well, I'll see what happens in the next few weeks with the year end '09 clearance sales...

By the way, the 18.4k off I got last year on the Escalade was during the GM Red Tag sale which I think was the cheapest sale in GM history. The dealers even took money off the red tag listed price, it was crazy... The Hummers didn't discount as much as the Escalades though... Last week one dealer just had a leftover new 09' Escalade (black on black, loaded even, usually they do gray stock ones) for almost 19K under stick, but $4k of that discount was for current owners who had GM financing that ends in a few months. The rest of the discount was just though rebates back to the dealer... I tried to jump on that one but I didn't qualify for the financing discount... I could of driven that truck for a year or so and made my money back... I lost about 25 grand selling my four thousand mile '07 H2 after two years!...

Last edited by s_c5519 : 10-03-2009 at 03:19 PM.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:13 PM
Hummer Expert

HummerMann is on a distinguished road

Up here my dealer is out of H2s and some dealers are selling the H2s for near sticker now because there are so few in inventory in the US. Many H2s are being shipped overseas for sale. Even the H3s aren't being discounted as much anymore with all the production going to Canada and Mexico. I didn't think the H2 qualified in the cash for clunkers deal.

Hummer, like nothing else
Old 10-04-2009, 11:50 PM
Hummer Professional

Oh I don't know if it did qualify or not for the cash for clunkers.. I was just assuming...

So you guys may be right about the disounts... I called one dealer today and his "brand new only one left 2009" ended up having 1.600 miles when I asked him if he could go out to lot and double check the milage... Jeez I was thinking he was gonna come back with 25-50 or so and i still would been bothered... the last new H2 I bought had 4 miles on it... So far that explains the $10k off sticker on that one. I heard somewhere dealers could not sell cars as new if they had either 200 or 2,000 miles on them, I forget which...

Well I will try again tomorrow at other shops, they are quickly disappearing around here especially in the last week...
Old 10-05-2009, 01:57 AM
Hummer Expert

HumminNBoatin' is on a distinguished road

Not one hummer model came anywhere near close to qualify for the Cash for Clunkers. And vehicles can only be titled as new if the mileage is under 5000 and the vehicle has not be previously titled.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:55 PM
Hummer Veteran

Stainless is on a distinguished road

If you know a GM employee, you can get the "friends/family" discount from them. 15k under invoice!
Euro/smoke tint side, top and rear marking lights
K&N cold air kit, GM lockpic

www.TeamShooters.com
Old 10-08-2009, 05:34 PM
Hummer Professional

I didn't get the f&f discount, but I managed somehow to get it for $14.4 under sticker ($57K even)! It was their last one, the one I mentioned above, it had 1671 miles and the underneath was rusted (mostly surface they said) out pretty bad. It was the managers car and he drove it through a good ol North East winter and it looks like NEVER washed it. I don't know what the hell happened but my fathers 2004 Escape underneath that I drove there didn't look anywhere near as bad. Very strange... We were looking at the underneaths of trucks on the way home for comparisons sake and it just didn't make sense how this one got so bad at 1600 miles...

Anyway I think service said there is a 6 year rust warranty on it and they are sanding and repainting it today and I should have it today, but boy the new car joy just isn't there... Most of the new car smell was gone, the guy smoked in it, there was scratches here and there, most on the door sills from no tubular steps being on etc... If I didn;t know better I would say they tampered with the speedometer,... and model year! lol

Well that explains the discount anyway. The salesman said they took a loss of $1,300 on it. I guess it's possible as it's been sitting on the lot for at least a year and a half now... In case anyone's interested Long Hummer in Mass had one left with 295 miles and they would only do 7k off, even after talking to the main guy there. But I am pretty sure it's the last black on black 09 H2 left in New England, and there's only a few silver left...

Last edited by s_c5519 : 10-08-2009 at 05:39 PM.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:13 PM
Hummer Veteran

Stainless is on a distinguished road

Enjoy your new ride! Post some pix!
Euro/smoke tint side, top and rear marking lights
K&N cold air kit, GM lockpic

www.TeamShooters.com
Old 10-09-2009, 12:03 AM
Hummer Professional

Thanks and I will post soem pics once I get it to where I like it.. I have been ordering stuff or it since yesterday...

Onto the truck, they did a pretty good job on the bottom, took them 6 hours, but it looks like old school thick undercoat instead of the nice flat black stock paint from the factory. With snow coming any day here in cow hampshire, I think it will suffice though

The ride is so amazing on the new ones, very very quiet and smooth, world of difference from the 07... Gas milage was 17.3 average in medium traffic at about 60-70mph, I forget what my 07 did, for some reason I think it was 14...

Brought some new life back into me, the new interior and ride. I really didn't think i would ever buy another Hummer again...

Talking about smooth and quiet, I also test drove an Escalade Hybrid today, wow!, but's another forum...