H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 11-27-2005, 03:37 PM

H3PR is off the scale

I want to buy the new ipod 30GB but i don't see any input jack. How you listen your ipod with the factory moonsoon In dash 6cds changer? What quality sound did you experience?
Old 11-27-2005, 03:37 PM

H3PR is off the scale

I want to buy the new ipod 30GB but i don't see any input jack. How you listen your ipod with the factory moonsoon In dash 6cds changer? What quality sound did you experience?
Old 11-27-2005, 04:18 PM
Hummer Expert

SteveRH is an unknown quantity at this point

I just bought a $30 itrip - works fine and it can be anywhere in the vehicle with no wires attached
Old 11-28-2005, 01:00 AM
Hummer Professional

Dani is off the scale

How did you get your itrip to work without sounding like crap? I have the Griffin one and it works well only if I'm in an area where there's very few radio stations. Otherwise it sounds like crap and there is constantly one station bleeding into the other.
Old 11-28-2005, 01:11 AM
Hummer Expert

SteveRH is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine works fine on the preset channel, but according to the site and the manual, you can change the channel to something else...
Maybe I got lucky in Dallas...
Actually I've been lucky in Dallas a few times... Sorry - off subject...
Old 11-28-2005, 04:40 AM
Hummer Veteran

TexasRTR78 is off the scale

I have a Peripheral Electronics iPod2Car integration in mine and I use a 60GB iPod Photo with it...the sound quality is absolutely amazing!!! HOWEVER, there is an annoying glitch that causes the iPod to pause about every 15 or 20 minutes...thought it might be my iPod but hooked up my husbands iPod and it did the same thing....long story short, took it back to my electronics guy and the problem is on Peripheral Electronics end with the integration system...they have not made one specific to the H3 yet...so we are using the one for the colorado pickup...almost alike. Until they come up with a specific H3 system, I will just have to deal with it. BUT other than that it is awsome!! Worth the hassle of waiting...(I have about 3500 songs on there now...will hold 15000!).
Old 11-28-2005, 12:12 PM
Hummer Veteran

psywzrd is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H3PR:
I want to buy the new ipod 30GB but i don't see any input jack. How you listen your ipod with the factory moonsoon In dash 6cds changer? What quality sound did you experience? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've been going through some trial and error with this myself. I currently have my ipod hooked up in a way that sounds great but I've lost my XM and that's unacceptable to me.

What you need to get is an aux input adapter made by PAC Audio. It's the AAI-GM24 and you can see it here about half way down the page. It will let you keep both your CD changer and your XM (if you have that), and it provides a direct connection so the sound is great. I'm probably getting mine hooked up this week once I get my cigarette lighter charger for my ipod. I'm going to have it professionally installed and they're going to run the charger directly to the back of one of my cigaretter lighters instead of having the wires hanging out all over the place. I'll post pics when I'm done but I'm planning on using the cradle that came with my ipod and just velcroing it to the flat area right below the climate controls. If you position it just right between the fan control and the vent control, all it blocks is one of the cigarette lighters. It's the best way I could come up with to hook up my ipod without it looking and sounding like $hit.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:10 PM
Hummer Professional

Dani is off the scale

I can't use the preset here in the Detriot area as we have a station that's really close to that channel. There's constant interference. Hummer really needs to have an AUX jack built in like the Element has. I'll be lost w/out my little AUX jack...
Old 11-28-2005, 07:49 PM
Hummer Veteran

psywzrd is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dani:
I can't use the preset here in the Detriot area as we have a station that's really close to that channel. There's constant interference. Hummer really needs to have an AUX jack built in like the Element has. I'll be lost w/out my little AUX jack... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dani:

You should look into that aux adapter I mentioned. It's going to give you great sound and you won't lose your XM or your CD changer. Those FM modulators are definitely crap so I don't blame you for not wanting to use one.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:08 PM
Hummer Veteran

psywzrd is off the scale

Just a quick update for anybody who might be following this thread (even though I think it might just be me now ). If you do decide to get the PAC AAI-GM24, make sure you get the newest version (version 2.4.12). That version has been updated to work with 2006 vehicles and I have confirmed with PAC that it will work in the H3.
Old 12-01-2005, 01:03 AM
Hummer Veteran

nashvegasH3 is off the scale

Any updates ? I have added SIRIUS to the oem radio VIA the soundgate Kenwood adaptor. wondering if this will work for me?
Old 12-01-2005, 10:13 PM

Pukematrixx is off the scale

Here's a quesetion for you guys:

I have the monster audio FM modulater which worked fine and dandy in previous car (saab). I jump in the hummer today, hook it up and it doesn't work? The unit itself is working fine but the radio doesn't pick it up? Anyone else run into this?
Old 12-03-2005, 07:52 PM

grims34 is off the scale

I use an FM modulator in my Hummer H3 and I have discovered that it works best if you remove the large antenna from the outside of the truck. Even though you will not receive any other radio stations until it is reattached, the I pod FM modulator works great after you remove the antenna. I believe that it is due to the fact that the I pod is then the strongest signal in the immediate proximity of the radio.