H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 11-29-2005, 11:03 PM
Hummer Authority

devilsfan is an unknown quantity at this point

Very sweet ride, Ken & CP. I'm really liking those Toyos, might have to look into those when my MTRs die.

Are those Eagle Alloys???

Stacy
Old 11-29-2005, 11:25 PM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
How soon? Make sure to post it or PM us. And don't wait untill the last minute like the gang going to Paragon. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>x2

Tellico is only about 7 or 8 hours for us </div></BLOCKQUOTE>It's 9 friggin' hour from here! But I could do it! Would like more than 1 day to wheel, though. <span class="ev_code_RED">Better than days.</span>
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am planning the Tellico trip Chickahaw. Just sit in yer pants.

http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/1236038291/m/4...431068741#2431068741
Old 11-29-2005, 11:25 PM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

Stacy you got the 6" right?

Did the steering loosen up after awhile?
Old 11-30-2005, 02:16 AM
Hummer Authority

ree is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ree:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by h2co-pilot:
Kenny got them to Line-X the grill yesterday. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

CP and Ken,
That looks awesome. What'd that cost you? I think I need to do that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>$135 and it was the first one they did here. He was very afraid of it melting, but it was fine.

Here's an idea:
The factory letters really don't come off well, so buy another set and take them with you. After the first coat of Line-X have them apply the new letters and coat over them. You'll have a nice embossed look. Much better than ours. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ken,
Can you tell me which Line-X dealer you used and a tech's name? If I'm going to have to try to convince the locals to do it, it'd be cool to have a reference for them to talk to.

Also, what kind of cleanup is needed before the procedure?
Old 11-30-2005, 02:46 AM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Would like more than 1 day to wheel, though.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>Ditto.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:47 AM
Banned

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by h2co-pilot:
I am planning the Tellico trip Chickahaw. Just sit in yer pants. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Just loop me. I'm not doing a good job of keeping up with the threads and crap. If a date and stuff get set let me know.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:59 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by devilsfan:
Very sweet ride, Ken & CP. I'm really liking those Toyos, might have to look into those when my MTRs die.

Are those Eagle Alloys???

Stacy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Pacer. Thanks.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:06 AM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ree:

Ken,
Can you tell me which Line-X dealer you used and a tech's name? If I'm going to have to try to convince the locals to do it, it'd be cool to have a reference for them to talk to.

Also, what kind of cleanup is needed before the procedure? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Line-X Virginia Beach on Cleveland St. Owner's name is Tim and was great. The info is in the truck and it's raining so I'm not going to go get it. Sorry.

He didn't want to do it when I first went there, but after talking to DRTY about his I just took it back and said "Do it. If it melts, too bad for me."

They used 60 grit to really rough the surface and then used a "Misting" technique for the application. It wouldn't have taken them very long, but it was their first so they were extra careful.

You don't have to prep anything. Just remove the four 10mm nuts and carefully pull the grill off. I did break one of the fasteners, but you'd never know. If you have a friend with you have them hold it after you remove the nuts and use needle nose pliers to squeeze the fasteners and push them out. Very easy and about 3 minutes.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:20 AM

4churchill is off the scale

looks awsome guys!!!!! Man I miss my line-x grill from the 2003 now!!!

Welcome to the wonderful world of SUT ownership!!!

there is no problem with the grill melting as I have had mine and I know several others who have done it.

we didn't even sand down the chrome, but taking the extra step probably will help you in the end.

www.HUMMERNut.net
Old 11-30-2005, 04:41 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Ken,
You broke a clip? Do you need another? I think I've got an extra one or can rustle one up tomorrow. Call me, bish.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:48 AM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DRTYFN:
Ken,
You broke a clip? Do you need another? I think I've got an extra one or can rustle one up tomorrow. Call me, bish. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I'll call around 8am our time. It's actually the plastic the clip attaches to I broke. Heck, it's still solid as a rock.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:39 AM
Hummer Authority

ssgharkness020147 is an unknown quantity at this point

Oooooh. Tellico looks like fun, I need to go there sometime. Ken, if you and CP ever want to go up to the Badlands let me know. Hell, I'll spend a week wheeling down there, its not like I have anything better to do.

-007=
Old 11-30-2005, 04:03 PM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ssgharkness020147:
Oooooh. Tellico looks like fun, I need to go there sometime. Ken, if you and CP ever want to go up to the Badlands let me know. Hell, I'll spend a week wheeling down there, its not like I have anything better to do. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>We've seen the vids and Badlands looks like a blast. Where exactly is it? Indiana? It's cold up there right now.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:18 PM
Hummer Expert

Zing is off the scale

Ken/CP, nice rig guys I love it!!! I'm behind on my forum and didn't know you were trading in the Black L'felter. Well done.

Looking forward to the next trip. Z
Old 11-30-2005, 06:28 PM
Hummer Authority

TXSUT is an unknown quantity at this point

H2CP and Ken, the rig looks simply fantastic! Great work!!!

-Pete
Old 11-30-2005, 06:47 PM
Hummer Messiah

Thanks guys. We have the VentShades in the garage I need to put on.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:31 PM
Hummer Authority

devilsfan is an unknown quantity at this point

Stacy you got the 6" right?

Did the steering loosen up after awhile? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup, with the Fabtech steering kit. I've had it for about 2 months now, and I think it drives almost exactly like it did before the lift. Handling-wise, at least. The first few days scared the crap out of me, but it doesn't drift at all now, even at 70+ MPH.

Wind is a REAL bitch tho.

Stacy
Old 12-03-2005, 03:25 PM
Hummer Messiah

Need suggestions for blacking out the door handles. I really hate the idea of removing the chrome ones because it's an all day thing, and I'm afraid the bedliner would be too rough on the hands.
Old 12-03-2005, 03:28 PM
Banned

Need suggestions for blacking out the door handles. I really hate the idea of removing the chrome ones because it's an all day thing, and I'm afraid the bedliner would be too rough on the hands. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Leave 'em. Let them be the only thing chrome. It's not really worth it IMO
Old 12-03-2005, 04:14 PM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
Need suggestions for blacking out the door handles. I really hate the idea of removing the chrome ones because it's an all day thing, and I'm afraid the bedliner would be too rough on the hands. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Leave 'em. Let them be the only thing chrome. It's not really worth it IMO </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I know. It's tough, but I don't want to spend $$$ on something like that.