H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 07-15-2009, 12:41 AM
Elcova Rookie

ConnHummer is on a distinguished road
Default newbie

Hey everyone,
Just joined the forum today. My apologies if this is not where this thread belongs! Am not a Hummer owner yet, but that will hopefully change in the next few days. Seems like there are some excellent deals out there on H2's. Just saw one today at a Ford dealer for 20k. It was an 04 with 90k miles, seemed to be in very good shape. I can post pictures if anyone cares. My sport car cannot survive another winter here up north!!
Old 07-15-2009, 02:36 AM
Hummer Expert

Rico001 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnHummer
Hey everyone,
Just joined the forum today. My apologies if this is not where this thread belongs! Am not a Hummer owner yet, but that will hopefully change in the next few days. Seems like there are some excellent deals out there on H2's. Just saw one today at a Ford dealer for 20k. It was an 04 with 90k miles, seemed to be in very good shape. I can post pictures if anyone cares. My sport car cannot survive another winter here up north!!

If you get a Hummer soon, do post pictures and when winter comes around you will have to post pictures of it playing in the snow too, since all we have here is sand in Florida.
~Richard
Yellow 2003 H2 Luxury ALPHA , 2" lift, Black Helo Maxx8 20 X 10 Rims, Toyo AT Open Country II LT35/12.50/R20 tires, taillight guards and black LE brush guard, KC light bar w/4 Daylights, Recon Smoked roof lights, Sirius/XM Satellite Radio, Kenwood Head Unit , 4 - 6-1/2 inch Polk Audio Speakers, solid billet tailgate handle,HUMMER H2 Ghost lights ib front doors
Old 07-15-2009, 03:11 AM
Hummer Expert

Intercooled is off the scale

There are alot of H2's out there with alot less miles on them. Id keep looking. 20K for an "04" doesnt seem like a great deal. Alot of hummer owners use there trucks as 2nd vehices. You'll find one for alot less miles on it for the same price. What ever you decide, good luck and come back here often...post pics of your new ride when get it!
Old 07-15-2009, 04:53 AM
Elcova Rookie

Thanks for the advise. I've seen some sweet looking H2's in that price range, but with real high mileage. Seems like now is the time to buy. Everyone in this area is going for the Prius/Smart car/put-put.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:28 PM
Hummer Expert

Id say about 1 year ago prices seemed to really drop off and the truck was almost worthless. now prices have come back up in value. With Hummer possiblely becoming extinct the its value has risen. Hummer are selling big time over seas.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:16 PM
Hummer Expert

ROUSHDEMON is on a distinguished road

Good luck getting a loan with that mileage dude, almost every bank has officially stopped giving any sort of loans for any Hummers, specially with that high of milelage.

here is what I would do, download "Cragslist Reader" (Google it) and search for 03-04 Hummers of any color you want, you will find some for 16-17K for that kind of mileage, let us know what you find, if you do go with the one at Ford.. I would bring that price down 2K at least, they're not going to sell it any time soon for sure, not that many people looking to buy Hummers right now, they dont know any better.
20x12 black Rockstars & 35"s. missed.
2005 Black Mustang Roush Stage 1 #05-1058:
Showcar, Procharged 580HP, 20" Gianelle's, Prokit, 1/8 in 7.56secs.
2009 Silver Cadillac CTS Premium
White interior, lots of future mods.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:48 PM
Elcova Rookie

Cool. Looking for the Victory Red color if possible. Seems less common then the black/white/pewter grey. Here is the one i was referring to earlier: http://newhaven.craigslist.org/ctd/1267143185.html
Old 07-16-2009, 02:15 AM
Hummer Expert

Badace is on a distinguished road

I think the reason prices have rebounded is Gas prices. When gas was at $4, nobody wanted them. At 2.42 for mid grade, not a big deal anymore. I doubt the brand dying off has as much to do with it as much as Gas prices and the Communist liberals treating us like the Devil.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:28 AM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badace
. I doubt the brand dying off has as much to do with it as much as Gas prices and the Communist liberals treating us like the Devil.

You got it brother! Obamas agenda for "remaking America". We are all evil and must be destroyed in the name of "fairness".
Old 07-16-2009, 06:37 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

I mostly agree with you Badace in your assement of situation.

I would like to add for sake of argument that Hummer will not become extinct though I get your mindset. I think gas as well as the borderline buyers who are extremely extremely price sensitive and gas useage concerns then just go on down the line of any negative reason they can think of not to buy. This mainly leaves the die hard owners or buyers who do not care about fuel cost
so that leaves a core of support to make Hummer still marketable to allow time for another group to take brand and reinforce it by making it a little more exclusive. I think it would need to go to a really one of a kind award winning service. While Hummer is in shop put the customer in an equally exclusive loaner.

There is a large customer base that would open their wallets to own the best vehicle with best service if it was not on every corner. I have always bought rides that were or had not been seen around by many. If it was a rig sort of common I spent money on it to make it unusual and you would not find another even close to it.

TAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badace
I think the reason prices have rebounded is Gas prices. When gas was at $4, nobody wanted them. At 2.42 for mid grade, not a big deal anymore. I doubt the brand dying off has as much to do with it as much as Gas prices and the Communist liberals treating us like the Devil.
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 07-16-2009, 02:26 PM
Hummer Expert

HummerMann is on a distinguished road

The demand is coming up again and Hummers look to be on the rebound - F I N A L L Y! According to AutoInsider, one midwestern Hummer dealer reported his best sales month for new and used Hummers in ten months this June! I'm betting July will even be better with gas prices coming down and with new Hummers getting more scarce, deals aren't going to be as good as they used to be on the new ones! I wonder how many of these Hummers are being sold here and shipped overseas????

Hummer, like nothing else
Old 07-16-2009, 02:56 PM
Hummer Veteran

Cazador is on a distinguished road

Demand does seem to be up.

Financing is very available through dealerships, not sure about on your own. A dealer friend of mine just sold an 06 SUT with 36,000 miles for $37,000 and and an 06 SUV with just over 45,000 miles for $33,000. Both of those deals were financed through his dealership.

That's a FAR cry from pricing just 6 months ago. I picked up my 06 SUT last October with around 27,000 miles on it for WAY, WAY less than either of those prices. People were still panic selling their SUVs when I bought mine.

Buy fear, sell euphoria......sleep well.

Good luck in your search, there's a ton of nice trucks available!