H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 03-05-2005, 02:33 PM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Ken
I could not believe it as I was watching Full Throttle on History Channel this morning and they were showing film from the day, Mine of course not You kids here. Anyway saw the 68 Mustang coupe I ran in the 70's when I drove for Keystone manufacturing in KC, MO. while I was in college for a while. I'm almost sure it was as i had pearl white with tunnel ram. Plus I had stuff on sides of it that were personal to Me besides sponsor stuff. It may not have been. But, a huge coincedence.
It was My car I think or someone copied mine or I copied thier's not knowingly. I hope I'm not messing up I think We had talked about this in a PM but, clip was short just long enough to see it leave line and pull front wheels and winning. I yelled and My youngest came running thinking something bad was happening to Me with all the illness I had been thru. I visited with someone PM on this I was sure it was you, old age. I deleted all the old ones's a few days ago trying to cleanup. Well anyway it just got an old man's heart thumping real hard when i saw it and got real excited, if 48 is old. Got rid of it when I married now X to make her happy and live longer i was told. I guess 27 years was to long for Her. HAHA I would not trade my daughters for any car but, if i could keep them i would have traded to have that car back for X easily with hindsight being 20/20. Well sorry if it is a waste of time for some but it caused my heart to leap and feel joy i have not felt in awhile. That rush feel of coming off the line, for a few seconds i felt 20 again.
If it was not You which i was sure it was just had to jump on here and say something to you. It was 289 HP block still in crate with Ford all over it when i bought it. 1 of last 2 blocks left Ford told me, just before Gapp and Rousch left Ford. They had stopped production and it was what i wanted and did not think I would find one and just happened to get dealer to contact factory. He bought both when he found out they were the last. I had it Ported, polished, blueprinted, roller cam and lifters. I had over size valves of course and tunnel ram with twin holley 700 double pumpers. Had 456 detroit lockers and a bullet proof T-10 top loader 4 speed etc. Line lock on a Mr. gasket in-line shifter. and when not racing i drove it to work and school everyday. It was an amasing machine and had help building it back in AR before i went to KC so cannot take full credit. I got I think like 4 or 5 mile per gallon but, gas was 25 cents just before gas crunch and then it jumped to 69 cents and We thought the world was coming to an end.
Well those of You who do not mind a little remenicing I Thank You. I'm going to watch for rerun as I did not have time to hit record on tivo.
I do appoligize for not putting this on off topic I was in this forum and just did it with out thinking to move to the other forum. Please except My appology as I know this is a No No. Will try to be more careful.
TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 03-05-2005, 02:33 PM
Hummer Authority

Ken
I could not believe it as I was watching Full Throttle on History Channel this morning and they were showing film from the day, Mine of course not You kids here. Anyway saw the 68 Mustang coupe I ran in the 70's when I drove for Keystone manufacturing in KC, MO. while I was in college for a while. I'm almost sure it was as i had pearl white with tunnel ram. Plus I had stuff on sides of it that were personal to Me besides sponsor stuff. It may not have been. But, a huge coincedence.
It was My car I think or someone copied mine or I copied thier's not knowingly. I hope I'm not messing up I think We had talked about this in a PM but, clip was short just long enough to see it leave line and pull front wheels and winning. I yelled and My youngest came running thinking something bad was happening to Me with all the illness I had been thru. I visited with someone PM on this I was sure it was you, old age. I deleted all the old ones's a few days ago trying to cleanup. Well anyway it just got an old man's heart thumping real hard when i saw it and got real excited, if 48 is old. Got rid of it when I married now X to make her happy and live longer i was told. I guess 27 years was to long for Her. HAHA I would not trade my daughters for any car but, if i could keep them i would have traded to have that car back for X easily with hindsight being 20/20. Well sorry if it is a waste of time for some but it caused my heart to leap and feel joy i have not felt in awhile. That rush feel of coming off the line, for a few seconds i felt 20 again.
If it was not You which i was sure it was just had to jump on here and say something to you. It was 289 HP block still in crate with Ford all over it when i bought it. 1 of last 2 blocks left Ford told me, just before Gapp and Rousch left Ford. They had stopped production and it was what i wanted and did not think I would find one and just happened to get dealer to contact factory. He bought both when he found out they were the last. I had it Ported, polished, blueprinted, roller cam and lifters. I had over size valves of course and tunnel ram with twin holley 700 double pumpers. Had 456 detroit lockers and a bullet proof T-10 top loader 4 speed etc. Line lock on a Mr. gasket in-line shifter. and when not racing i drove it to work and school everyday. It was an amasing machine and had help building it back in AR before i went to KC so cannot take full credit. I got I think like 4 or 5 mile per gallon but, gas was 25 cents just before gas crunch and then it jumped to 69 cents and We thought the world was coming to an end.
Well those of You who do not mind a little remenicing I Thank You. I'm going to watch for rerun as I did not have time to hit record on tivo.
I do appoligize for not putting this on off topic I was in this forum and just did it with out thinking to move to the other forum. Please except My appology as I know this is a No No. Will try to be more careful.
TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 03-05-2005, 02:56 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

That's really cool. It's always neat when you see a vehicle you loved on the road, or on TV! I was just drooling over Happy Hummer's Buick GN on the picture thread. Full Throttle did those before, too.

Here is a link to the History Channel's Full Throttle forum.
http://boards.historychannel.com/for...?forumID=30080
I tried to find a pic on their site for you, but couldn't.
Old 03-05-2005, 09:46 PM
Hummer Authority

Thanks Ken
I'll watch as History channel reruns things alot especially late so i should get a chance to catch it agian. I'll look up thier TV guide and see when it will be shown again. Not that it really is a big deal would most likely be a coincendence anyway. It just caught My eye with some of the things I had in special places on it. I had been at many races when filming was being done and raced as far away as Beeline Dragway in Arizona, I hope I got the name right. I was actually the #2 car as far as they were concerned so they did not let me get to far off. Also I was young and I think worried about Me being to far away with college to go to. Not like the teachers would cut slack like the athletes got.
Thanks
TAZ