H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 04-05-2007, 02:30 PM
Hummer Veteran

Tully is off the scale
Default Cars.com Article

I hate to come off as a prick...which I admitted can...but after reading this article (and admittedly didn't even go word for word after my disgust)...

http://www.cars.com/go/features/autoshows/vehicle.jsp?vehicletype=production&autoshowyear=20 07&vehicle=production_hummer_h2&make=Hummer&model= H2

Is Joe Wiesenfelder a friggen IDIOT?

"Since its 2002 introduction, incremental improvements have failed to make the first-generation Hummer H2's interior meet consumer expectations"

this guy continues to make some bold statements through his article...

Honestly I dont know what H2 he was generalizing about...but when I went shopping for trucks in its class (Navigator/Escalade/Tahoe/Denali/etc.) The H2 is the ONLY truck I felt was worth the money...I've got an '05, so maybe I can agree with some of the statements about the interior for the '03s...but as for general comfort...etc...this is one of the best and most comfortable vehicles I've ever owned and most people that spend any time in my truck....begin to fall in love with it too...

anyway...just ranting...thoughts?
Old 04-05-2007, 03:15 PM
Hummer Veteran

nmu98 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cars.com Article

Being a 6'4" gentleman, I dislike how GM does thier seats in ALL of thier vehicles. The best seat to me was the King Ranch edition F250 Super Crew.

Most of my friends have commented to me that they thought there would be more room on the inside of the H2 than what there is. with that said, if you would have asked me if the H2 was as long as the Tahoe, or Suburban, I would have said Suburban, and had been wrong.

So the massive looks create a little of a illusion....

With that said, I agree, the whole H2 package is better than the high end SUV's that GM and Ford have to offer.

I just wish it had the duramax....
Old 04-05-2007, 04:26 PM
Hummer Professional

Fastest H-Town Realtor is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tully
Is Joe Wiesenfelder a friggen IDIOT?

"Since its 2002 introduction, incremental improvements have failed to make the first-generation Hummer H2's interior meet consumer expectations"

anyway...just ranting...thoughts?

Joe is right spot on with this comment. Between the sqeaky assed door panels and the "1 step better than naugahyde" seat coverings, I would think that for the cash spent, GM could have at least made the interior as good as a Camry. What kind of cars have you owned to think the H2 interior is up to par?

Have-08 Titan C/C,06 GCSRT-425FTLB & AWD, other junk..
Want-08 Viper, 06 M5
Old 04-05-2007, 05:40 PM
Hummer Authority

Hummer Aficionado_VT is on a distinguished road

Noone who reviews the H2 ever seems to have anything decent to say about them, because noone looks at them as they are intended to be used: off-roading. Sure, its a luxury SUV, but its an off-roader first! Oh well, maybe this dude'll like the new '08 interior better...
Old 04-05-2007, 10:26 PM
Hummer Veteran

cl998 is on a distinguished road

I have an 05 Lux now and had an 03 LUX and hardly see a difference...

The only differences I see are:
1. The black leather is softer
2. the armrest is nice
3. it seems to ride a "little" smoother
4. the seat heater buttons are flush with the plastic plate they are in
5. the all-up / all-down window button is new
6. XM is built-in to the radio

That is all that I have noticed other than the tail lights.

The H2 is an excellent truck compared to others. If I wanted a Luxury vehicle I would drive a Mercedes. The Hummer is rugged and capable. It holds its value FAR better than other trucks and SUV's. They dont change the body style (minimal changes).

At this point I could care less what other people "think" about the H2. I sold my 03 and drove a car for 1 month (attempt to be more fuel effecient) before I realized how much I need a truck. COmpare all the SUV's and trucks and the H2 is a best value. You can bang it up, tow a trailer, enjoy a night on the town, haul people and "stuff", etc. The first day I bought this 05 I was towing a backhoe.

Interior...who cares? I do however really like the Bose stereo and heated seats!

I bought my 03 in Dec 2004 for $37500 with 16k miles, I sold it in Feb 2007 with 73k miles for $32500. Friends, that is cheap driving. Almost 2.5 years, almost 60k miles, $5k in depreciation. That H2 took me places nobody else could go, it was more of a tool than a "car" and it kept me safe. The only problem I had with the 03 was the power mirrors didnt fold in when it was freezing outside but the dealer replaced them. I changed the oil but never did any of the "maintenance". It was like new when I sold it.

Last edited by cl998 : 04-05-2007 at 10:32 PM.