H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 11-04-2003, 07:11 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry, but in my opinion ths month's photo is self-aggrandizing and BORING!! Couldn't they go pat themselves on their backs somewhere else. Prime example of "Look at me syndrome". Pathetic.
I'm sure I'll get torched for this opinion, but I had to express it. But I know I'm not alone.

[This message was edited by DRTYFN on 11-04-03 at 01:23 PM.]
Old 11-04-2003, 07:35 PM

argonaut is off the scale

DRTY, I think it is just an East Coast thing. NYC is a very "hey look at me" kind of place.
Old 11-04-2003, 07:44 PM
Hummer Messiah

It's just pathetic that they had to have a "look at me" parade for themselves.
Old 11-04-2003, 07:50 PM

Kevin W is off the scale

This is actually the first time I have become an active member of a forum, but while talking to other people about various forums, it seems everybody has a few people like you Drtyfn. "Like you" I mean, someone who feels it necessary to give mostly everybody else a rough time. But I guess its a reflection of your personality in and outside of this forum!

Kevin

2003 Pewter H2, Tire relocator, painted hard tire cover, billet gas cover, MC2 chrome hood handles, stainless bumper letters, 15% tinted front windows,pioneer nav/dvd, xm sat, headrest monitors, tv tuner, defenderworx hood latches, side vents, marker bezels, and chrome MC2 factory style wheels, Flowmaster exhaust, AirForce One Intake.
2003 Pewter H2, Tire relocator, painted hard tire cover, billet gas cover, MC2 chrome hood handles, stainless bumper letters, 15% tinted front windows,pioneer nav/dvd, xm sat, headrest monitors, tv tuner, defenderworx hood latches, side vents, marker
Old 11-04-2003, 08:11 PM
Hummer Expert

Zing is off the scale

Is it me or is this DRTYFN always rattling cages at every opportunity he has to get attention. Like that irritating little kid that no one likes but the big kids let him stick around because it's not worth the effort.

I'm only teasing you DRTYFN. You actually are right, one the whole, in your generalization about New Yorkers. However I know a few of the guys that were at the NY event and they do not represent the stereotype you describe. If you don't like the photo you should hang out on that HTML site and sniffle and whine over there for a while.
Old 11-04-2003, 09:44 PM

Centerfire is off the scale

"Hey Look at me".. Hell yes. if you drive an unusual vec. you are at least in a small way a Hey Look at me kind of person.. If you say no, I bought it purely for its off road abilty. I think that person is blowing smoke up their on butts.. We all know that we could build a top notch off road vec, for less then what or H2's cost..

Of course I could be wrong.. I drive mine so I can move through the neighborhood with out being noticed... THe stealth mode..

So if you want to show off your H2.. go for it..it is yours.. and others will enjoy it too.

Mike
Old 11-04-2003, 10:06 PM
H2 Club NY Chapter Founder

WHITE BEAST is off the scale

HEY DRTYFN,

FIRST OF ALL, I WAS THE ONE THAT ORGANIZED THIS SUCCESFULL EVENT....SO IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS, YOU CAN ADDRESS THEM TO ME, AND NOT TO THE MEMBERS OF THE FORUM WHOM DROVE A LONG WAY TO ENJOY THEMSELVES.

SECOND, EVER HEARD OF THE EXPRESSION DON'T JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER.......YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH HARD WORK WENT INTO THIS EVENT! I WOULD NEVER EXPECT A THANK YOU FROM ANYONE, BUT THEN AGAIN, IT WOULD BE NICE IF WE KEPT OUR UNNECESSARY COMMENTS TO OURSELVES......AFTERALL, WE'RE ALL H2 OWNERS.

NICK

2003 White Lux, Alpine Nav/DVD, 3 Screens, Cold Air, Metal Dash/Mats/Steering Wheel, All SMA Chromes, Signal Mirror, Corsa Exhaust, JBA Headers, Diablo Programmer, Nology Plugs & Wires.
Old 11-04-2003, 10:40 PM
Circuitguy

Kevin,

Did you ever watch Lilo & Stitch the movie? Maybe Drtyfn just drinks too much coffee like Stitch! HeHe!! BIG-C

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kevin W:
This is actually the first time I have become an active member of a forum, but while talking to other people about various forums, it seems everybody has a few people like you Drtyfn. "Like you" I mean, someone who feels it necessary to give mostly everybody else a rough time. But I guess its a reflection of your personality in and outside of this forum!

Kevin

2003 Pewter H2, Tire relocator, painted hard tire cover, billet gas cover, MC2 chrome hood handles, stainless bumper letters, 15% tinted front windows,pioneer nav/dvd, xm sat, headrest monitors, tv tuner, defenderworx hood latches, side vents, marker bezels, and chrome MC2 factory style wheels, Flowmaster exhaust, AirForce One Intake.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

White 03-H2-LUX

<a target="_blank" href="http://www.gstyle4u.com">
</a>
Old 11-04-2003, 10:42 PM

Centerfire is off the scale

There you go.. I'm new to the site. ONe thing i have noticed is that a limited few people on the site are H2 snobs. In other words. If you don't take it off road. then you do not deserve to own one. It is unfortunate that the limited few must bring this attitute to the forum. Looks like you all had a great time.

Mike
Old 11-04-2003, 11:16 PM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WHITE BEAST:
HEY DRTYFN,

FIRST OF ALL, I WAS THE ONE THAT ORGANIZED THIS SUCCESFULL EVENT....SO IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS, YOU CAN ADDRESS THEM TO ME, AND NOT TO THE MEMBERS OF THE FORUM WHOM DROVE A LONG WAY TO ENJOY THEMSELVES.

SECOND, EVER HEARD OF THE EXPRESSION DON'T JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER.......YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH HARD WORK WENT INTO THIS EVENT! I WOULD NEVER EXPECT A THANK YOU FROM ANYONE, BUT THEN AGAIN, IT WOULD BE NICE IF WE KEPT OUR UNNECESSARY COMMENTS TO OURSELVES......AFTERALL, WE'RE ALL H2 OWNERS.

NICK

2003 White Lux, Alpine Nav/DVD, 3 Screens, Cold Air, Metal Dash/Mats/Steering Wheel, All SMA Chromes, Signal Mirror, Corsa Exhaust, JBA Headers, Diablo Programmer, Nology Plugs & Wires.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ag·gran·dize ** (*P*)**Pronunciation Key**(-grndz, grn-)
tr.v. ag·gran·dized, ag·gran·diz·ing, ag·gran·diz·es
To increase the scope of; extend.

To make greater in power, influence, stature, or reputation.

To make appear greater; exaggerate: aggrandize one argument while belittling another.

Sorry to piss on your "look at me" parade, but having your little soiree in Times Square was exactly where you shouldn't have had it.
Instead of the shameless flaunting of possesions in front of everyone why not have your gathering someplace that is more befitting of the H2? Ohhh, maybe because you'll get dirt in your wheel wells. Why not take all of these folks out and teach them about the very capable vehicle that they own? Maybe because you'd be out of your element.

And I didn't judge the book by it's cover, but by it's content. Pictures of everyone glad-handing each other and patting each other on the back while surrounded by fawning crowds and canyons of concrete & steel sort of tells the whole story.

"OK THEN, THANKS AGAIN TO ALL FOR MAKING IT A HIT.

BY THE WAY, WE HIT THE NEWS......LIVE ON ABC BETWEEN COMMERCIALS OF A GAME!"

Remember saying that, White Beast? If that doesn't say "attention-hungry" then I don't know what does. You're practically frothing at the mouth. Why don't you organize an outing to go pick up garbage on a local trail somewhere? Oh, I forgot! That would mean getting dirty.
And why do you feel the need to USE CAPS ON EVERYTHING? More attention, right?

Do something to help change some of the misperceptions of the public about Hummer owners, not reinforce them.
Old 11-04-2003, 11:46 PM

BullGlock23 is off the scale

Pay no mind to DRTYFN and his thesaurus.

He wouldn't make it 5 minutes in NYC.
What do you expect from someone who "hunts dem varmints".
He knows nothing of dinner at Tao. He is more accustomed to squirrel and possum.

The H2 is as much of an urban assault vehicle as it is an off road vehicle.

All caps? Why is your screen name in all caps?
What is D-R-T-Y-F-N an acronym for?

Let's all take a guess...

'03 Pewter Lux, Brush Guards, SMA Sport Exhaust, Volant Air Intake, Black Billet Gas Door, Vizualogic DVD W/ Headrest Monitors, Front Tint,3rd Row, Remote Start, Brush Guard Lights
Old 11-05-2003, 12:00 AM
Hummer Messiah

Haha, what a tool. Don't you worry Bull, I'd be juuuust fine in NYC.

"He knows nothing of dinner at Tao."
You're a perfect example of the kind of snotty prick that shouldn't own an H2.

"He is more accustomed to squirrel and possum." Brilliant.

"What is D-R-T-Y-F-N an acronym for?"
Here, I'll help you out, stupid. I don't want to you to sit and stare at your computer for the next 4 days trying to figure it out. It's a contraction of DirtyFun. And it's in caps because that's what it would look like on a license plate.
What's your's say? SNTYPRCK
Old 11-05-2003, 12:56 AM

BullGlock23 is off the scale

Funny, I thought it was you who said:

"It's just pathetic that they had to have a "look at me" parade for themselves."

I guess a vanity plate doesn't say "look at me" does it?!

Maybe: DRTYFYN =
DIRTY FOURWHEELIN' YOKEL NANCY

Yep, that's more like it.

'03 Pewter Lux, Brush Guards, SMA Sport Exhaust, Volant Air Intake, Black Billet Gas Door, Vizualogic DVD W/ Headrest Monitors, Front Tint,3rd Row, Remote Start, Brush Guard Lights
Old 11-05-2003, 01:06 AM

argonaut is off the scale

I think you East coast guys are missing something. here in the NW it is a completely different story. people who are flashy in any way out here are ostracized. Flashy cars get keyed or gummed, or worse. Constant negative stares are everywhere. The attitude around here is that if you've got it (money) nobody gives a ****. If you try to show it off, you are an *******, and an arrogant prick. DRTY is just coming from a non-californian west coast point of view. Just regional culture differences, that's all.
Old 11-05-2003, 01:16 AM
Hummer Guru

BKLYNH2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey look at me!
Some of us east coasters know how to have a good time. And to think I coulda been parked in Time Square just the night before.
Attached Images

Old 11-05-2003, 01:31 AM
Hummer Expert

RasterMaster is an unknown quantity at this point

If your pic is in the "other submissions", does that mean it was photo of the month or just that it was among those submitted? If so, I missed when my pic was posted.

By the way, what kind of gear you guys have for picture taking?

Check out the OkC Chapter Page!
Old 11-05-2003, 02:16 AM

H2 Daddy is off the scale

I think this how that east coast vs west coast rapper gang war thing started. Soon you guys will be calling each other beoutch and doing H2 drive-bys hanging from your Gobi racks.
Old 11-05-2003, 03:44 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

You know, I like DRTY. I have never disagreed with him..........

AND I`M NOT ABOUT TO START NOW!!!!!!

Do you know what the majority of those people THINK and SAY when they see you guys there in the middle of Time Square?????????

" WHAT A BUNCH OF LOSERS! HAHAHAHA!!!! "

Think of how ridiculous you guys must have been! Huddled together DYING for attention when all you get is jeers and jealous looks.

We`re trying so hard for months to make people understand the true capabilities of the H2. But instead you guys pimp it out in the open reinforcing association of the word POSER with the H2.

I would love to drive through Times Square in my H2 and mabye with a few others........

TO SEE TIMES SQUARE!!!! Not huddle around like a bunch of sheep screaming for attention.

The event was a success.
But a HUGH disservice for the H2 community.

Don`t get all emotional. Just my two cents.

My Video Collectionez