H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 01-10-2006, 05:23 PM

Bondage is off the scale
Default UPDATE! TWO day Mojave Road Run! CA/NV/AZ - ALL are invited!

UPDATE - UPDATE - UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are changing the plan - we will start at where the Mojave Road crosses the 95 on SATURDAY morning and finish at Afton Cyn and the 15 SUNDAY afternoon!!!

I've been wanting to plan this for some time, and now I have to do it on the same dates as the Pismo run dammit!

Oh well, anyone not going to Pismo is welcome to join us on REALLY fun and historical 2 day journey through the Mojave desert from near the CA/NV border to Barstow CA on the old Mojave Road. Parts of it ARE a dirt road. Parts of it are little more than old wagon wheel tracks through the scrub. It's about 100 miles - or a little more depending on where we exit. And it is NOT for the faint of heart - the wheeling is relatively easy, but the overnight camp may well be COLD!

The worst obstacles are some areas of really deep and fine blow sand, some narrow door scraping passages through stunning Joshua Tree forests (though an H1 has been known to navigate thru them) and the infamous Soda Dry (NOT) Lake. If the mud is too severe at the lake, we may bypass it - there is an easy (but longish) bypass.

This old stagecoach/mail buggy route is incredible - going from watering hole to watering hole (and they weren't that easy to come by in the desert) there is a spring or well every 20 to 30 miles.

There are outstanding photo ops - you can take a pic of you and your Hummer on the same spot as a late 1800's photo of some cowboys and their wagon. Or at the site of the last classic gunfight of the old west at a (still functioning) windmill type well called Government Holes. And Ancient American Indian Petroglyphs are to be found all over the place by the springs! But the best is where the "road" ends - at Afton Canyon. It is called the "Grand Canyon of the Mojave" and it is spectacular.

It'll be a really fun, relaxing, easy run and all are welcome - H1's, H2's, H3's, Jeeps, ANYTHING and EVERYONE. There's a very cool campsite and many opportunities to exit the "road" and leave early if you wish.

Search for "Mojave Road" and there are tons of information pieces out there.

The current idea is this:

Meet at the intersection of the Mojave Road the the 95 Saturday morning. (2/11/06)

Camp along the "road" Sat. night at Razor OHV area

Continue along the road thru Afton Canyon and be out on pavement by Sunday afternoon (2/12/06) for everyone's trip home!

PLEASE PM me if you want to join us!

What you'll want to bring at a minimum:
A capable 4x4 vehicle
At least one good spare tire
Jack and basic tools
Sleeping bags and a tent (or a back-of-Hummer setup!)
Lots of food and water
A full tank of gas
Flashlight or lantern
Warm clothes and good hiking shoes
A sense of humor and a spirit of adventure

What you should have as well:
A winch and recovery gear
A GPS (or map and compass)
A CB radio
Firewood and starter
Good camping equipment and chairs!
Dennis Casebier's book "The Mojave Road" (available on line)
A still and video camera
Some friends and/or family

I'd love a big turnout - but this will be fun even if it is only a few of us! Again, all vehicles are welcome - so if you have Jeeper friends, etc., bring them too!

PM ME!!!!!!!!!!!

Sean
Old 02-06-2006, 05:41 AM
Hummer Authority

westhillsat is an unknown quantity at this point

Pad Thai
Attached Images

Old 02-05-2006, 08:23 PM
Hummer Guru

ROX is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alec W:
mid day pad </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Is that like a nooner?
Old 02-07-2006, 10:40 PM

Bondage is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by beavis:
You guys stop calling each other names or I'm going to tell mom! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay, I'll stop but want a laugh? Watch her keep editing her above post...she can't help herself. ROFLMFAO Watch....

Sean
Old 01-27-2006, 05:48 PM

rodster is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bondage:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rodster:
Morning everyone. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good morning <STRIKE>Norman</STRIKE> Rodster.

Sean </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Attached Images

Old 01-30-2006, 05:31 AM

rodster is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TootsSUT:
Aren't you guys tired yet????????? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No!
Old 01-30-2006, 02:43 PM

Bondage is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rodster:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bondage:
SOMEONE (whom shall remain nameless) just tempted me with a trip to Moab this coming weekend!!!! It was an EVIL thing to do!!!! I wanna go! I don't think I can.
AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

How bout this...if we all survive each other's company in the desert we can plan a I'manewbiedon'tknownuthinbutwhatthefawklet'sgotoMo ab trip this spring? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try not to schedule it when I'm in Hawaii or SLO or the Hummer Academy or the Katemcy Rocks events or when I'm sleeping or when I'm awake or when I'm eating or when I'm hungry and sure, I'm in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fissed

Oh brother. K. Let us know when you can break away from your "don't you wish you were me" life.

Sean
Old 01-27-2006, 04:00 AM

rodster is off the scale

I don't mean to preach or be on a soapbox... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It needs to be said. But dang, you did sound like a souther preacher there.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">K. Enough serious already. Let's talk about the Bun Boy Motel instead...... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

NO!

I have a better idea. Let's strategize ways to get DDWH fired.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:12 PM
Hummer Authority

Racer-X is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You will be known as " Starsky and Hutch" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess that could be worse, she went easy on us.

Wait.....is there some kinda ghey meaning I'm unaware of?
Old 01-27-2006, 04:14 AM

Bondage is off the scale

I don't mean to preach or be on a soapbox... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It needs to be said. But dang, you did sound like a souther preacher there.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Amen, brother.</span>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">K. Enough serious already. Let's talk about the Bun Boy Motel instead...... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

NO!

I have a better idea. Let's strategize ways to get DDWH fired. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 02-05-2006, 03:35 AM
Hummer Authority

Racer-X is off the scale

PAD! I wish I could do those big ones!
Old 01-26-2006, 06:32 AM

rodster is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TootsSUT:
More prizes have been added to our list!!!!! Yippeeee!!!!!

Someone come up with some more contests!! It appears we have the mud splashing one confirmed! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would you please STOP! I'm trying to get some sleep here! :tookashowercaughtsecondwind:

More prizes ... very cool. And mud? Oink it gonna be a good time?
Old 01-30-2006, 04:18 PM

Bondage is off the scale

Morning all!

Ree -- Sorry to read you won't be joining us. The offer stands, maybe next time.

Ken -- Santa says I'm going in May.

Bondage -- Shut it.

<span class="ev_code_RED">WTF DID I DO???</span>

Beavis -- Welcome aboard! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 01-28-2006, 02:15 AM
Hummer Authority

Racer-X is off the scale

Theres a chat going in the chat room. You guys should come.
Old 01-31-2006, 05:13 AM

Bondage is off the scale

<span class="ev_code_RED">WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING</span>

I am now heading off the downslope of manic into depression.

Thank you. That is all.

Sean
Old 02-05-2006, 03:47 AM

TootsSUT is off the scale

Cool pic Racer! Close to us I hope??

\'05 Black SUT LUX/ADV package
Old 01-31-2006, 02:45 AM
Hummer Guru

HummBebe is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Racer-X:
LMAO! Hey if I have to use Butthead you can live with bun boy! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't your daddy teach you that two wrongs don't make a right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think he had a Daddy!
Old 02-05-2006, 02:41 AM
Hummer Authority

Racer-X is off the scale

Is this the new PAD thread? Cool.

PAD.

Sean </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Liar.

Sean </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

x3

x2 </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Liar liar pants on fire...whoops...gotta go. Recess </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Glory, glory hallelujah!
Teacher hit me with a ruler!
Hid behind the door with a loaded fourty four
She ain't my teacher no more!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now THAT'S f'cking ghey.

Sean
ps..oh, and PAD </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

shut it bish!! I was pretty proud I remembered it!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You shut it you lying wig wearer.

Sean
Pad </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's not funny! My Mother DIED wearing a wig!!!
Old 02-07-2006, 04:14 PM
Hummer Veteran

JnStitz is off the scale

Morning all.

Sean </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your up early....bought the time I went to bed...
Old 02-05-2006, 04:44 AM

Bondage is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alec W:
My father died at 56. AT 56!! Quickly, I might add so I understand.

Life does go on. They do say that life is so tough, it'll kill ya! And what doesn't kill ya, only makes you stronger.

Now that's sounding all sentimental, huh? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Dad 64, Mum 59. Me 42 = maybe 15 or so years left and no time for liars really. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't worry about it f'cktard - only the good die young - you've got decades left in ya.

Sean </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I doubt it, I figure 10-15 years left </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well why don't you use them wisely and well instead of following me around all day screaming Liar Liar liar? You seem like a nice guy otherwise. Wassup wif dat?

Sean