H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 04-28-2007, 02:49 AM
Hummer Authority

Viet Nam Vette is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Yes Dorthy...The "VK3" Front Licence Bracket Does Exsist

Today I received my front licence bracket from NuCar Hummer.. The Best Hummer Dealer In the World..

Yes it does exsist. They just became available. The Part Number is 15831722..... Option # on the H3 order sheet "VK3" Get yours to day from your HUMMER dealer. If you live in a State where two plates are required..then it should be a free bee... No Mo Floppy plates.

Old 05-11-2007, 01:43 AM
Hummer Professional

HumbleAg is off the scale
Default Re: Yes Dorthy...The "VK3" Front Licence Bracket Does Exsist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet Nam Vette
Today I received my front licence bracket from NuCar Hummer.. The Best Hummer Dealer In the World..

Yes it does exsist. They just became available. The Part Number is 15831722..... Option # on the H3 order sheet "VK3" Get yours to day from your HUMMER dealer. If you live in a State where two plates are required..then it should be a free bee... No Mo Floppy plates.

Hummm...posted this a while ago and it doesn't seem to exist. Perhaps I was still high from the new-car smell.

Saw the picture of the bracket you posted in the other thread, now that you have one in your possession, what is your opinion (looks and durability)? I'm thinking of going by the dealer to order one (fat chance they'll have it in stock).
Old 05-11-2007, 04:05 AM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumbleAg
Hummm...posted this a while ago and it doesn't seem to exist. Perhaps I was still high from the new-car smell.

Saw the picture of the bracket you posted in the other thread, now that you have one in your possession, what is your opinion (looks and durability)? I'm thinking of going by the dealer to order one (fat chance they'll have it in stock).

Well... I was a little surprised. Why You ask...Well It seems the square Notches cut out for the plate are for ..what looks to be Euro style mouting.

Let me splan further ....If you go back and look at the pic I posted..it was from a HUMMER H3 Demo in Africa. Notice where the plate Mounts..

http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=25029

Scroll Down to the picture.

You'll see that the bracket bolts to the holes where the USA style plate would bolt too. There is no other place on the bracket to bolt your plate except wher it is connected to the bumper.

Also..the square holes shown are for Euro plates which are not in line with the USA style mounting.

What I did was to place spacers in front of the bumper mout holes and use longer screws to connect both the Licence plate and bracket to the bumper.

The lower center curved in piece has rubber stick on stand offs that keep the plate in line with the top.

Conclusion.......Don't waste your money unless they give it to you for free as I received mine. It does look better and keeps the plate straight but you'll have to engineer up the spacer's and longer screws.

In other words. The Licence plate still bolts to the exsisting holes in your bumper and also suports the bracket.

If you move to South Africa.. and use there palte..it'll work fine.

Also...If you plan to go Wheelen... You may have a problem when you do the dippy -do.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:21 AM
Hummer Veteran

hummerabia is on a distinguished road

It would last about 2 minutes of an arabian desert trip, much prefer to use the original mounts and "form" the licence plate to the shape of the bumper by frontal impact with the sharp side of a dune
Old 05-12-2007, 01:36 AM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummerabia
It would last about 2 minutes of an arabian desert trip, much prefer to use the original mounts and "form" the licence plate to the shape of the bumper by frontal impact with the sharp side of a dune

Makes sense to me... Did your rig come with the front bracket..??
Old 05-12-2007, 01:48 AM
Steve - SanJose

My front plate looks like new, since it's been in the rear door storage compartment in the back of my H3 for 22 months. I still have the 2 screws to hold the plate on.
Old 05-12-2007, 06:06 AM
Hummer Veteran

hummerabia is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet Nam Vette
Makes sense to me... Did your rig come with the front bracket..??
No, just the 2 original screw mounts. The new 07's currently in the showroom have the new mount though not designed for dersert service in my opinion!
Old 04-30-2007, 01:57 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

Just move the plate up, even with the support the plate in the low position will get damaged.
Attached Images

H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.