H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 12-22-2012, 11:02 PM
Hummer Expert

Hellz is on a distinguished road
Default Rear ABS spped sensor + TC2/ABS lights

so a few months ago, i took my H2 in for regearing to 4.88s

long story short, the shop (Burnsville OffRoad) damaged the pass side rear ABS speed sensor ( unsure about drivers side yet)

part is $200 and special order!!!

im pissed right now, and in a time crunch as the part wont get here till next week
i guess im more mad at the cost and the availbility of the part
4.88 gears *** Cognito UCA & SwayBar Links *** Kryptonite tie rods *** K&N CAI *** 37x12.50xR20 BFG KM2 Mud Terrain's *** 20x10 Black KMC Rockstars *** EBC Slotted Rotors *** N-FAB Sidesteps *** Line-X Grill *** Recon Smoke Cab Lights ***Diablo Predator U7193
Old 12-23-2012, 02:28 AM
Hummer Expert

Default Re: Rear ABS spped sensor + TC2/ABS lights

need some help here.

well after visiting the autoparts stores, and looking online to compare prices, the images arent matching up.

this is the part that came out of my H2. noticed where it was pushed/crushed

now what i found online, and the image that shows up when visiting the autoparts store is this http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts/ac...9215rear.aspx#

or
http://www.google.com/imgres?q=AC124...r:25,s:0,i:171

obviously i knwo images may not be the same part i need... but i havent found an image for anything like the part i pulled out of my H2... anyone got any info?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0234.JPG (164.8 KB, 342 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0235.JPG (107.7 KB, 334 views)
4.88 gears *** Cognito UCA & SwayBar Links *** Kryptonite tie rods *** K&N CAI *** 37x12.50xR20 BFG KM2 Mud Terrain's *** 20x10 Black KMC Rockstars *** EBC Slotted Rotors *** N-FAB Sidesteps *** Line-X Grill *** Recon Smoke Cab Lights ***Diablo Predator U7193
Old 12-23-2012, 06:46 PM
Hummer Expert

noone has any experience with these sensors?
Old 12-23-2012, 08:18 PM
Hummer Expert

so just checked the other side,and that sensor came out in 2 pieces.

so this just turned into $400 for new sensors so i cna get my ABS and TC2 back and have 4x4 LO ability again.

im just hoping i can put these new sensors in and everythign works without any issues.
worst case if the diff needs to be taken apart, it will deffinitly be heading back to the shop and alot of bitching going on
Old 12-27-2012, 02:01 AM
Hummer Veteran

orlasttoy is off the scale

how did this work out for you?

my ABS & TC lights are on...sure enough, no 4WD in the snow today
Old 12-27-2012, 06:07 AM
Hummer Expert

parts ordered on Monday, should be here on Friday.. so we'll see.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:36 PM
Hummer Expert

i did call Burnsville Offroad (BOR) this morning, and they are going to look in to it. so seems promising, but i dont expect them to actually pay for anything.

IDK...

parts are ordered, but something inside tells me things arent going to work out. between images not looking like the part i actually pulled, the special order, the cost... i dont have a good feeling.

i would love to plug these new ones in though and start my baby up and see no lights on my dash.. that would be just short of a wet dream.

i waited to long to fix this, and i leave on the 3rd to drive from minneapolis to reno. 1800 miles, and with winter, i just want to make sure i have 4X4 capability. im not worried about the ABS as i kinda do like it better without, but im fine with it on as well.

i also have a misfire going on #2.. already replaced all the wires.. will throw new plugs in it this weekend, even though current plugs dont even have 50k miles on them. also thinking of buying new coil packs as well... but going to see if this misfire goes away. im hoping this misfire is the cause of some powerloss i have been getting while driving between 60 and 80 mph. i have a feeling it is fuel delivery related though.. as in filter or pump.....

my baby is throwing a hissy fit because i deployed and left her sitting for a year..

lol my wife wants me to take her Grand am ( which got a flat last night)
she thinks she will drive my H2.. she cant see over the hood.

told her i atleast know my H2 is somewhat reliable, and worst case i can always crawl under it and fix the issue, even on the side of the road... now way i can do that with her grand am
Old 12-28-2012, 04:53 AM
Hummer Expert

well had something short of a wet dream.

so if you need to replace your rear ABS sensors, and you pull your sensors or looking like the pics i posted above... well your halfway there.. and you just did the easy part.

the othe pics i posted, that is teh actual part. that aluminum sleeve part is still stuck in the hub.

with enough twisting, crushing, prying they finally came out. dropped in the new ones and started the H2 up.. there were no lights on on the dash...

took her for a short spin dropping it in to 4LO, HI and locked up the rear diff... it was great finally getting that fixed.. granted at the cost of $400...