H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 03-17-2003, 09:32 PM
Hummer Messiah

CO Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

He sort of gave it a "nice rig" slap with his hand - doing so with a smile on his face. He really was a pleasant guy to deal with.

....I hesitate to respond for fear that someone like MAC might link my comments directly to the cause of war in the middle east, the AIDS epidemic, or school violence.
Old 03-17-2003, 09:50 PM

Frank Hewitt is off the scale

Woooooo, definately some sensitive folks out there- no one will ever know if the cop just wanted to get a closer look at the rig or if he was just doing his job (or maybe both!). Certainly we can speculate as if we were the media for days on this one, but lets not make more out of it than it is. The original posting was clearly just a proud Hummer owner speculating that the cop may have been wanting to see his rig up close. For the record our rigs are over 3 tons, not 2. Humor people, humor! Nobody here accused rodney king of being beaten here, nor were there sniper rifles OR Elizabeth Smart tucked away inside!
Peace, love, and tolerance,
Frank

gasman
Old 03-17-2003, 10:02 PM

Location: In the Deep South, Along the Shore of the Flint River
HummerGirl is off the scale

I know the answer...there was probably a bet going on at the station on whether or not the back bumper was metal or plastic?

Yep that's it. Knowing that it is plastic, he probably was grinning bc he won the bet....

~amy

White 2003 H2
Got Soap?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Why are there no fireworks at EuroDisney? Because every time they went off, the French tried to surrender."
--Unknown ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 03-17-2003, 10:58 PM

Location: In the Deep South, Along the Shore of the Flint River
HummerGirl is off the scale

You forgot to add..."arabic looking" individuals...remember the Florida episode with the med. students...

~amy

White 2003 H2
Got Soap?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Why are there no fireworks at EuroDisney? Because every time they went off, the French tried to surrender."
--Unknown ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 03-18-2003, 12:04 AM

HeeHaw is off the scale

Sorry folks! Thanks for not yelling at me. I got on my soap box and I regret it....Can we all just get along? Answer: Yes. I will be nicer and I have been fined by Steve. Appreciate that, keeping me in line and all.

Like Mac said, I get a little uptight when it comes to the police. I think its an honorable position and I defend it instantly and take no prisoners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have mellowed out now and the PROZAC has kicked in.............

Oh by the way, COHUMMER, when the cop touched the rear of your vehicle, it was for a reason. Here it is: We touch the vehicle as soon as we can to detect anyone moving around in the vehicle. As an example, if we touch the car and feel it moving, BUT there is only one person visible in the vehicle, wouldn't you think something is wrong? Possibly.....It could be someone hiding a weapon Or it could be kids playing in the backseat. That's why our job is so tough. Little things like that are what split second decisions are made over.

Anyway.............I'll be nice and thanks to all that supported my point, no matter how offensive I was in stating it..............

We try

HeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwww
Old 03-18-2003, 01:46 AM
Hummer Veteran

NEGATE is off the scale

Sorry, one bad apple shouldn't spoil the whole bunch, and it didn't.

Props to the cops.

BTY Heehaw thanks for the insight on "why you do what you do". Ill wipe any fingerprints of with pleasure if it insures you will go home to your family safely.

Again sorry for any disrespect
Old 03-18-2003, 02:07 AM

HeeHaw is off the scale

NEGATE,

YOU and COHUMMER are A OK by ME and again, I'm sorry for being a dick. Anyway, STEVE put me back in line with a little help from MAC.

See ya around the forum!!!!!

HeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwww
Old 03-18-2003, 02:57 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Heehaw.....way cool of you!!

You are not only a big man (for being able to apologize), but also The Man!

All fines will be waived and nothing will show on your record....providing you attend a certain "traffic" school....

This weekend, March 22nd...we're running the Silverado Canyon trail. It's a Beautiful scenic trail, no scratches or paint issues....just Hummers and fun...and yes...it's on a Saturday. What's more, it's close to you!

If you show up....I'll let you touch my H2 and run my plates!
Old 03-18-2003, 03:06 AM

HeeHaw is off the scale

Steve, you are going to be disapointed in me. Sat at 09:00 they began 6K worth of work on my H2

I bought the Pioneer NAV system for the front and it plays DVD as well. A 6.5 widescreen monitor for the front. Voice activation and the other goodies.

Next they are also installing a complete seperate DVD system for the rear with head rest 7 in monitors and another DVD system with wireless headphones for the rear. Should be way cool and I AM GOING TO POST PICTURES

Also they are installing a TV tuner so I sould be able to get TV stations no matter where we go.

Sorry, but I need to go before June when I go back east. Sorry for being a flake, but I promise to get out in April (not the 5th and 6th). By the way, come and see me at the END OF THE LINE fly fishing store in LA Verne on the 5th and 6th for an estate sale of my friends

See ya

HeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwww
Old 03-18-2003, 04:46 AM
Hummer Messiah

CO Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

HeeHaw - Thanks for the kind words. I do appreciate it. I'm not without blame here either. I could be a little less sarcastic in my responses (although it's difficult for me!). Let move on.........

Let's turn our attention to fun......
Attached Images

Old 03-18-2003, 05:09 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Very touching guys....I'm proud of both of you!

Hey Alec...what's that white stuff on the ground????
Old 03-18-2003, 03:19 PM

IRS is off the scale

Who knows why you were "really" pulled over.

I will say this, thank god you were not in San Francisco driving with fajitas.

The cops would have tried to beat the crap out of you. Even if they were off duty.

Talk about a rough town.
Old 02-15-2006, 12:28 PM

HummerHo is off the scale

Wow - this is a weird place. I think I fell thru the looking glass. Do you burn books here too?
Old 02-15-2006, 01:00 PM
Hummer Veteran

La.Swamp Lobster is off the scale

My only comment on the subject to law enforcement officers is, just because you wear the badge, does not make you just of even fair handed with the way some think they have to treat the citizens they are sworn to serve and protect...and yes I say serve...most here in northeast Louisiana have forgotten or just don't care that they are not above the law, but are subject to the same laws that apply to the citizens they are sworn to serve and protect.
A law enforcement officer is a law enforcement officer 24/7 it is not a job, but a privilege to serve the communities in which they live. Most have forgotten this. Every day I see our local law enforcement breaking the same traffic laws that they seem to think only apply to the citizens of there community. This in turn sets a very bad example for our children. How can parents teach there a child right from wrong when all they see happening around them is that right and wrong only applies to some? My own son who is only 14 has asked me many times about this issue. What am I, as a parent, suppose to tell him? Do I tell him that they are the law and we do as we are told? What does this teach them? Corruption has run rampant in this country, on every level, because we as a nation do not hold our leaders accountable for there actions. And this way of thinking is why our nation is in such trouble today! Where is the justice in breaking laws to enforce them?
Old 02-15-2006, 03:14 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummerHo:
Wow - this is a weird place. I think I fell thru the looking glass. Do you burn books here too? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, but we eat babies.
Old 02-15-2006, 03:24 PM
Hummer Veteran

La.Swamp Lobster is off the scale

As an x-army guy, I have heard that said about me as well!
Old 02-15-2006, 03:30 PM

H2GO is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by La.Swamp Lobster:
As an x-army guy, I have heard that said about me as well! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you for your service to your country!
(H2go)
Old 02-15-2006, 03:34 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by La.Swamp Lobster:
As an x-army guy, I have heard that said about me as well! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I actually ate some embryos this morning. They were really tasty chicken embryos served over easy.
Old 02-15-2006, 03:37 PM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't eat babies. I just rip off their heads and sh<span class="ev_code_BLACK">i</span>t down their necks.