H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 12-15-2002, 03:59 AM
Hummer Professional

HUMMERDOGG is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, I took some time out today and stopped by our northernmost Hummer Dealer here in Houston (DeMontrond). This one actually let me drive an H2 around. I had them run some numbers for me and give me a Purchase Order Walk-Out Price. Much to my suprise (yeah right) it was quite a bit cheaper than the one given to me by Southwest Hummer several weeks ago. Well, since we are expecting our first little one here in another month and a half, I told them I wanted to wait and see how the end of the year turns out. Anyways, I get the Purchase Order home tonite and notice that they are charging $375 for a "Consumer Service Fee" and another $147.31 for a "Vehicle Inventory Tax". I would appreciate it if someone in the "know" can advise me if these two charges are negotiable. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-15-2002, 03:59 AM
Hummer Professional

HUMMERDOGG is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, I took some time out today and stopped by our northernmost Hummer Dealer here in Houston (DeMontrond). This one actually let me drive an H2 around. I had them run some numbers for me and give me a Purchase Order Walk-Out Price. Much to my suprise (yeah right) it was quite a bit cheaper than the one given to me by Southwest Hummer several weeks ago. Well, since we are expecting our first little one here in another month and a half, I told them I wanted to wait and see how the end of the year turns out. Anyways, I get the Purchase Order home tonite and notice that they are charging $375 for a "Consumer Service Fee" and another $147.31 for a "Vehicle Inventory Tax". I would appreciate it if someone in the "know" can advise me if these two charges are negotiable. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-15-2002, 04:12 AM
Hummer Expert

Hummer Man is off the scale

Everything is negotiable - It's the fees they try to slap you with out of the blue when your ready to pick up the H2 that are the worst.
Thankfully I had a straight up dealer -
CLASSIC CHEVROLET / HUMMER OF ORLANDO - FLORIDA
They actually have a 10 acre test track with a 15 foot deep pit that they let you drive the H2 into at 20 MPH - it was awsome - actually took three test drives / tried units with and without air-shocks and went with the Air Shock system. The sales guy drove it to our house one afternoon to let us measure the garage opening & fit. Dealt with probably 6 different employees at this desaler and everyone was a class act.
The pricing quoted was what I paid. They actually reduced my cost on the the rear tire carrier to reflect a decrease in the market price of this item. They through in a few services and some goodies / key chains, leather bag, etc.
Offered to wash it for me anytime it comes in for service.
The other day I went by the dealer and they had six H2's on the lot - all were gone 4 days later.
Old 12-15-2002, 04:31 AM

JJ is off the scale

I agree, everything is negotiatable and if it isn't be prepared to go to another dealer........there are plenty willing to sell you an H2 at a straight-up price.

JJ