H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 05-11-2007, 03:09 PM
Hummer Veteran

NCBound is on a distinguished road
Default Replacement Warrenty Parts Problem

Well to make a long story short and sweet, we have an 06' H2 with the rear entertainment system from the factory. The drivers head rest will not lock into the various viewing positions for the rear passenger (kids). Took the H2 in now almost a month ago and was told that they would replace the headrest under warrenty (the internal ratchet that locks it in place is totally busted). I have been working with Hall Hummer to get the parts in and even have called Hummer/Caddy 24 hour customer service and have a service ticket opened with them as well. They tell me that the headrest has to come from the supplier that made them for the 06' H2 headrest with the LCD screen built in. I just can't figure out what the big hang up is on these parts.... You can still purchase an H2 with factory rear entertainment package that seems to look the same as the 06' package. Hall tried to take the headrest out of an 07' to make the repair and they determined that they were not compatable????? Anyway I am just venting a little and was wondering if anyone else had this kind of issue. Any advice would be great and I am still waiting on the parts for going on a month now. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-11-2007, 04:46 PM
Hummer Authority

Hummer Guy is off the scale
Default Re: Replacement Warrenty Parts Problem

I'm not sure what kind of mechanism is in your DVD style headrest, but I'd imagine it is similar to the 06 factory headrests - I've got some that you could have for about 20 bucks...(shipped)...not sure if they'd work or not, though. Which factory DVDs? where is the DVD player? The factory has used several different kinds...

http://www.hummerguy.net
Old 05-11-2007, 05:22 PM
Hummer Veteran

MattRoberts123 is on a distinguished road

I am guessing you have a visualogic headrest system... you can actually fix this yourself pretty easy...

go on ebay / junk yard, etc... get just a standard 06 chevy headrest

take your headrest out of the car.. use a small flat head screw driver and pry the screen out of the headrest...

remove the few screws in there, then take the leather cover off the headrest.

there is a little plastic assembly in there that allows for the racheting motion.

swap the racheting parts from the other headrest, reassemble, and you are good to go..

or you could just always call visualogic direct and order the blank headrest without the screen, swap your screen into the new unit, and then be set.

hope this helps

Carless... riding the bus... Trying to decide on which 08 H2 to get
Old 05-11-2007, 05:49 PM
Hummer Veteran

Just got a call from Hall. Said the headrest was at their wharehouse, should be at Hall Hummer dealer first of next week. They did try the non DVD headrest trick, however the non DVD units ratchet system was still different. I can't say that Hall hasn't tried to help, but its just been a long process for something I would of thought would be a quick fix. Will keep this updated as progress is made I hope. Thanks for the ideas, just hope we don't have this problem any more.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:23 PM
Hummer Novice

RandyP is on a distinguished road

Dealing with Hall is your first problem....Try another dealer
Old 09-19-2007, 04:20 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

I've never had a problem with Hall.

Why don't you contact "agrv8r", Chuck, and tell him your problems and that you're a member on Elcova. I bet he does his best to fix you right up.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:33 PM
Hummer Veteran

Thanks Ken,

I made sure that Chuck knew I was a member of Elcova as well as anyone else I delt with. I guess I am remiss in keeping this thread updated. The part was finally repaired and the general manager made sure that the tech came to my home in NC and performed the repair. (I had taken the H2 to Hall 5 times for the same problem and still didn't have the correct part). Anyway GM sent me a service letter as well for our troubles. I know Hall did everything in their power to resolve the issue, but after 5 trips there and still had the wrong parts, I had had enough. Thanks for reminding me about this thread so I could post the last update Ken.

Ncbound