H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 09-20-2005, 09:18 AM
Banned

tower is an unknown quantity at this point

H2Blondie and I just got back from a weekend in Moab with Bill Burke. I can't recommend this course and instructor highly enough. He walks his talk. He has been operator and mechanic for every type of multiple drive axle vehicle imaginable (including tanks). He covers winching, jacking, getting unstuck and field repairs, all "hands on". We did some 4+ runs. I Would do it again in a heartbeat (and will at some other location) FWIW. You can find him at http://www.bb4wa.com
Old 09-20-2005, 09:18 AM
Banned

H2Blondie and I just got back from a weekend in Moab with Bill Burke. I can't recommend this course and instructor highly enough. He walks his talk. He has been operator and mechanic for every type of multiple drive axle vehicle imaginable (including tanks). He covers winching, jacking, getting unstuck and field repairs, all "hands on". We did some 4+ runs. I Would do it again in a heartbeat (and will at some other location) FWIW. You can find him at http://www.bb4wa.com
Old 09-20-2005, 02:53 PM
Banned

We didn't stay on any one particular trail. The first day we went south, the next day north of Moab proper. Bill said he found the trails named in a somewhat arbitrary way. The first day was easier stuff including some of 7 Mile Rim. The second day was the tougher stuff. I remember one was called "The Big Ugly". Another tough one was the last part of El Dorado. I'm still not savvy on the geography out there. I hope this helps.

I cut an interior sidewall on The Big Ugly. Bill showed us how to do a good enough sidewall repair to limp out, but I swapped in my spare anyway. Before driving home, I swapped the repaired stock Goodrich tire for a decent used one ($60). I stopped by my dealer when I got back to L.A. and had my Pitman & idler arms replaced (under warranty, of course).

I think I have a couple of photos that H2B shot. I'll post soon.
Old 09-20-2005, 02:56 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tower:
We didn't stay on any one particular trail. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We didn't stay on any one particular trail = I laid on the couch and read about them in a book.
Old 09-20-2005, 03:54 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Well, of course the trails are arbitrarily named. But they are named and it would be helpful to some of us who haven't been to Moab if you could give us some idea of where he guided you on 4+ trails and you made it through.
Old 09-20-2005, 04:17 PM
Hummer Authority

ShaggyX is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorta smells like BS to me.
Old 09-20-2005, 05:31 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tower:
We didn't stay on any one particular trail. Another tough one was the last part of El Dorado. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would be called Helldarado. But there is no way in Helldorado that you did that trail. Rock Buggy's have a tough time getting through there, let alone a stcok Hummer.
Helldorado
Old 09-20-2005, 05:40 PM
Hummer Authority

Location: In da Chi! I am not only the originator of the H.O.A.B. club. I am also a member
Mr. I - Man is an unknown quantity at this point

If ya have the air supension its definately do-able The extra 2" works wonders.
Old 09-20-2005, 05:40 PM
Hummer Authority

Location: In da Chi! I am not only the originator of the H.O.A.B. club. I am also a member
Mr. I - Man is an unknown quantity at this point

Just Kidding
Old 09-20-2005, 05:53 PM
Hummer Deity

Fubar is an unknown quantity at this point

Come on Tower. Pictures tell a thousand stories. You don't honestly expect us to believe you had a copilot and Bill Burke & crew along for the ride and no one had a camera or had a chance to take pictures?

Tim,
great find, lots of great photos on that site. I agree a stock H2 would have a tough time getting over even the simplest obstacle on that trail.
Old 09-20-2005, 06:10 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Attached Images

My Video Collectionez

Old 09-20-2005, 06:32 PM
Hummer Veteran

H2Blondie is off the scale

I don't know how the trails were rated, but it was fun! I even got to drive on the first day.

Money may not buy happiness, but it makes a nice down payment!
Old 09-20-2005, 06:41 PM
Hummer Professional

LoLo is off the scale

Is it really that difficult to believe what a fellow H2 enthusiast has said...??? Come on guys... give Tower a break!

Tower and Blondie had a great time... with pictures to prove it -- even have photos of the split sidewall (no pride there!).

Since I haven't been to Moab, I can't fill in the names of the trails -- but they were ones I definitely wouldn't take MY H2... sorry, my "mall machine" won't be caught dead on ANY of them!

There are "trails" and there are "TRAILS"... the latter will never have the pleasure of my truck's company -- but Tower's rig prevailed!

05 Desert Sand H2 Adv
Old 09-20-2005, 06:52 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Give us a break! He stated "4+ runs." Many of us are going to Moab for the first time and would like to know.

If you know it was a 4+ run, you had to know the name of the trail. Also, he said he thinks he has "a couple of photos." Yet, now you say "They had a great time... with pictures to prove it -- even have photos of the split sidewall" but none of them are posted, knowing full well that's expected on this site when one does something like this.

Old 09-20-2005, 06:59 PM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LoLo:
Is it really that difficult to believe what a fellow H2 enthusiast has said...??? Come on guys... give Tower a break!

Tower and Blondie had a great time... with pictures to prove it -- even have photos of the split sidewall (no pride there!).

Since I haven't been to Moab, I can't fill in the names of the trails -- but they were ones I definitely wouldn't take MY H2... sorry, my "mall machine" won't be caught dead on ANY of them!

There are "trails" and there are "TRAILS"... the latter will never have the pleasure of my truck's company -- but Tower's rig prevailed! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uhmmm... if you were there for this you'd be rolling your eyes at his tall tales.
Attached Images

Old 09-20-2005, 07:01 PM
Hummer Messiah

Alec, Dennis... where is my "Hep...ahm bobbing..." sound clip? I need to make that my sig line again.