H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 07-23-2005, 03:44 AM

BillCh is off the scale

Hi Guys,

quick question as I intend going shopping tomorrow ;-)

Did you pay full price for your H3 or how much did you get off (in $ and/or %) and where?

Thx for your input.

BillCh
Old 07-23-2005, 03:44 AM

BillCh is off the scale

Hi Guys,

quick question as I intend going shopping tomorrow ;-)

Did you pay full price for your H3 or how much did you get off (in $ and/or %) and where?

Thx for your input.

BillCh
Old 07-23-2005, 04:04 AM
Hummer Veteran

Matt5462 is off the scale

They didn't discount the mrsp for us, but they did pay $1500 over KKB for my trade in. You might want to try that approach
Old 07-23-2005, 05:16 AM

BillCh is off the scale

Thx for the hint!

As I am in the US since a week, I do not have a car to trade in.

Btw, until today I always was jumping between Dodge RAM, Durango and Magnum, and since this morning when my spouse figured hey it would be cool to have a Hummer I went to a dealer and liked it.

I want the H3 although it is 10k more than the actual Dodge (Magnum) I thought (this morning at 8) I would go for, but I do not want to be too much of a fool paying list price while everybody gets family and whatsoever discounts (unfortuantelly not for the H3).

BillCh
Old 07-23-2005, 11:21 AM
Hummer Authority

Hummer Guy is off the scale

Where are you from, Bill?

http://www.hummerguy.net
Old 07-23-2005, 02:37 PM

Marc H3 is off the scale

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">I got my H3 at GMS pricing. I know there a many dealers that are not giving out GMS. </span>
Old 07-23-2005, 05:00 PM
Hummer Authority

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc H3:
<span class="ev_code_BLUE">I got my H3 at GMS pricing. I know there a many dealers that are not giving out GMS. </span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But you are a true GM employee, no?

Old 07-23-2005, 05:06 PM

Marc H3 is off the scale

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Yes that would be correct. Only GM employees get GMS on 2006 vehicles... well for right now anyways. </span>
Old 07-23-2005, 05:10 PM

richk is off the scale

I got $400 off MSRP from White's Mountain Hummer in Casper, WY.
Old 07-23-2005, 05:12 PM

Marc H3 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by richk:
I got $400 off MSRP from White's Mountain Hummer in Casper, WY. </div></BLOCKQUOTE><span class="ev_code_BLUE">Believe it or not I have seen many go for MSRP and as much as $4,000 over. </span>
Old 07-23-2005, 05:22 PM
Hummer Authority

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc H3:
<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Yes that would be correct. Only GM employees get GMS on 2006 vehicles... well for right now anyways. </span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just wanted to clarify for everyone else reading -- you wouldn't believe the calls we get and the posts asking about GMS for H3s. Its a pretty sweet deal if you can get it.

Old 07-23-2005, 06:46 PM

Jersey Guy is off the scale

MSRP 35,459 AFTER GMS 32,461 $3000 IN SAVINGS SO I ADDED THE ROOF MARKER LIGHTS AND CHROME TUBE STEPS DEALER CHARGED 1,200 EXTRA INCLUDING INSTALL WHEN ALL SAID AND DONE 33,661 PLUS TAX.
Old 07-23-2005, 07:37 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

There does seem to be some confusion about GM Supplier Discount, GM In the Driveway (GMID) and GM employee discount (GMS). Probably due to the "S" after GM.

GM Supplier Vehicle Purchase Program (SVPP) allows active employees of an eligible GM supplier to receive a discount that is approximately 2% above invoice.

GMID or GM In the Driveway, is a program GM started a year ago that allows any GM employee (salary or hourly) to obtain two authorization numbers per month for anyone to purchase a GM vehicle. The authorization number cannot be given to anyone who is eligible for the actual GM employee discount.

Either of these two discounts can be used on the vehicles excluded from the employee pricing offer that GM is currently running. These excluded vehicles are:
2005 Corvettes
2005 GTOs
All Medium Trucks
Any vehicle other than a 2005 (that is why the H3 is excluded, it is a 2006 model year).

GM employees are eligible for two different types of discounts:

GM New Vehicle & Company-Owned Vehicle Purchase Programs (NVPP & COVPP)

The COVPP (Company Owned Vehicle Purchase Program) allows active, retired, employees on disability or approved absence (for a period of 12 months) to purchase a new GM driven company car at a large discount that depends on the mileage of the vehicle. (Good example is a few years ago, I purchased a 2001 Corvette with 2900 miles for 35K, and it had a sticker of about 49K.) Spouses and surviving spouses are also eligible for this program.

NVPP (New Vehicle Purchase Program...AKA GMS) allows GM employees, and the following sponsored family members: spouses, surviving spouses, children, siblings (including full/half and step), in-laws (father/mother/brother/sister) and grandchildren; to obtain a GM vehicle at approximately 2% below invoice.

One reason this is called GMS is years ago, GM offered GMO and GMS to their employees. GMO had a greater discount, but it had to be ordered; therefore, it was called GMO, "O" for ordered. The other program at that time was GMS, and it allowed GM employees to purchase a vehicle that was in dealer stock, but the discount was not as good as GMO. The "S" stood for Stock.
A few years ago, GM did away with the GMO and consolidated it what was called GMS.
Dealers and employees still refer to it as GMS, even though it is really known as NVPP.
Some people also started referring to the GM supplier discount as GMS, but that is really incorrect.

SVPP (supplier discount), GMID, and GMS are up to the dealer to accept. They can refuse to sell to anyone on these discounts since the do not make as big of a profit on these vehicles, and in some cases they have been paying floor plan interest on a vehicle a supplier or employee wants to purchase.

Some dealers will accept GMID or supplier discounts but not employee discounts since the dealer makes more money on the supplier and GMID than they do on the employee discount.

The company owned vehicle purchase program can be refused by a dealer too; however, a dealer is foolish to do so, since the dealer is never charged for the vehicle, and the dealer makes 5% of the MSRP for handling the transaction. All the dealer is required to do is pick the car up (if out of state, the employee has to pay the shipping charges), wash the vehicle, and hopefully, change the oil.

Now, are we all confused?
Old 07-23-2005, 10:17 PM
Hummer Authority

This should be a required read for all potential Hummer owners...and it should be added that Sewell will always honor GMS and GM Supplier discounts to those who qualify.

Old 07-24-2005, 02:57 PM

H3OH is off the scale

I started out on the Edmunds forums and came across a GM employee handing out the GMID discounts. I got one of those and used it on my purchase.

It was great when I picked up my H3...

Sales guy, "How did you get that price on the H3? That is the lowest I've seen it go for."

Old 07-24-2005, 03:06 PM
mstams

So GMID is allowed on the H3. Is this correct? For some reason I thought it was (also on the corvette), but that seems to contradict the write-up above.
Old 07-24-2005, 05:39 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mstams:
So GMID is allowed on the H3. Is this correct? For some reason I thought it was (also on the corvette), but that seems to contradict the write-up above. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
If you mean my write up, read again:

GMID or GM In the Driveway, is a program GM started a year ago that allows any GM employee (salary or hourly) to obtain two authorization numbers per month for anyone to purchase a GM vehicle. The authorization number cannot be given to anyone who is eligible for the actual GM employee discount.

Either of these two discounts can be used on the vehicles excluded from the employee pricing offer that GM is currently running. These excluded vehicles are:
2005 Corvettes
2005 GTOs
All Medium Trucks
Any vehicle other than a 2005 (that is why the H3 is excluded, it is a 2006 model year).

In other words, yes the GMID and supplier discount program CAN be used on the purchase of a Corvette, GTO and Hummer H3, etc. Major problem is a dealer has to accept the discount and whether they do or not is their perogative.
GMS (NVPP) can also be used on a H3 (or Corvette or GTO), if a dealer will accept the discount.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:34 AM

Marc H3 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jersey Guy:
MSRP 35,459 AFTER GMS 32,461 $3000 IN SAVINGS SO I ADDED THE ROOF MARKER LIGHTS AND CHROME TUBE STEPS DEALER CHARGED 1,200 EXTRA INCLUDING INSTALL WHEN ALL SAID AND DONE 33,661 PLUS TAX. </div></BLOCKQUOTE><span class="ev_code_BLUE">Not having my deal right in front of me I recall my H3 MSRP was few hundred below $38,000.00 and my GM emoployee pricing or GMS was approx. $32,950.00 nearly $5,000 off.

Thus I am not sure why yours was discounted only $3,000. Although it might depend more on my optional equipment which is discounted more than the base unit discount is. </span>
Old 07-27-2005, 12:12 PM

Jersey Guy is off the scale

out standing great deal i dont understand this crap about GMS i just know my wife qualifies for this and she doesnt even work for gm nor is a relative. her company gives an option for GM vehicals and the Ford X plan which i saved about 5000 on my Mustang Cobra .i was as two dealers and they both came up with the same bottom price within $200 or so that came too 3000 off
Old 07-27-2005, 02:23 PM

H3Witch is off the scale

Ordered mine at GMS (employee)...should save about $4000.