H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 08-02-2003, 09:45 AM

austoak is off the scale

Headed up to the H-2 dealer to finalize all the paperwork today. I won't be picking the H-2 up until the end of next week. Is there anything I should have them do or ask for them to do before I pick it up? Anything I should beaware of. Just wondering. Thanks
Old 08-02-2003, 09:45 AM

austoak is off the scale

Headed up to the H-2 dealer to finalize all the paperwork today. I won't be picking the H-2 up until the end of next week. Is there anything I should have them do or ask for them to do before I pick it up? Anything I should beaware of. Just wondering. Thanks
Old 08-02-2003, 11:15 AM

Batson34 is off the scale

First thing you can do is check the build date (usually located on the sticker in the drivers door). Depending on when the vehicle was built you may request that the fluid, especially oil & filter be changed because face it if your H2 was built in March those fluids have for the most part been sitting idle for nearly 6 mos.

Don't sign any final paperwork until actual delivery

I would let the dealer know that the delivery process will be a long one as you intend to make a complete inspection of the vehicle regardless of the inspection the dealership does upon delivery from the factory, but I would ask then for a copy of that inspection they did upon delivery.

Tell them you want to meet with a service tech and have YOUR vehicle put up on a rack for examination and explanation of the underside of your vehicle. This forum has well documented to surface rust issues with the H2.

Take a notebook and write down EVERYTHING you discuss. This is a $50K vehicle and should be perfect on delivery.

It just my opinion but don't let them put any cheesy dealer license plate holders or dealer stickers on your vehicle unless of course they are paying you to advertise. Although some spare tire covers or hitch covers are very tasteful.

All these tips and the extensive tips from the motleyfool will let the salesman know this car better be perfect and will likely result in him following the prep process firsthand.

Enjoy your ride!

I got this from motleyfool.com http://www.fool.com/Car/Worksheets/DeliveryChecklist.htm[/url] is has some great pointer.
Old 08-02-2003, 11:20 AM

Sorry about the link.

GO to the www.fool.com, on the left hand side is car buying click on that and then look for the section on the right and click possession the link for their checklist is 3/4s way down the page.

SORRY
Old 08-02-2003, 11:29 AM

austoak is off the scale

Batson34,
Thanks for the advise. Never even thought about the oil and filter. Thanks again!
Old 08-02-2003, 12:02 PM
Hummer Professional

SOFTTAILJC is off the scale

h2 lover, ask dealer for proof of activated on star system... bring that certificate to insurance company and you will recieve a discount on theft....my discount was enough to pay for onstar basic service for next year... your first year is free, and check and see how many free minutes of phone too.....have dealer do any recalls before delivery....when you get it home check air press in tires, you may want to jack it up to 45 lbs. 37 lbs way to soft but it does ride better.... lux pac. make sure you got the floor mats before you leave dealer....most important of all read the owners manuel front to back......good luck...soft..
Old 08-02-2003, 01:29 PM

Again good luck, not knowing your dealer I'll say this DON'T LET THEM BULLY YOU. Regardless of how nice they seem their #1 objective is to get you so sign and drive off the lot, that way the vehicle is yours not theirs.

If the H2 does not meet 110% of your expectations, make them fix it BEFORE you drive off or sign not detail is too small.

They may try to play on your enthusiasm and excitiment and say "if you want that fixed it will be a few days" or whatever. MAKE THEM FIX IT FIRST!

This is a $50K vehicle make them make it perfect!
Old 08-02-2003, 02:18 PM

Gary C is off the scale

I would do all the TSB's and recalls to be completed before delivery.

<font color=Gray>Pewter</font>, Lux, No Spare Anywhere , Ventvisors, Foose Wheels, Corsa Touring Exhaust, HID's
Old 08-02-2003, 02:46 PM
H2 Club Houston Chapter Founder

BADRAP is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Batson34
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well if this is true then why did my dealer tell me that mine was "as good as it will get" and I still have rattles and noises coming from mine after it was in the shop for a total of about 15 days in the past 2 months... So I have not let them bully me, but not sure where to go from here.....Just MHO...
Old 08-02-2003, 05:24 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Soft, thanks for the note on OnStar/insurance discount, I will check with my agent next week.

I am not so sure if I agree with the change of fluid deal, I never heard of it and I don't think it matters. If you buy a German car, it was built many months ago in Germany. Fluid can sit there much longer than that.

My Hummer is just perfect. It was ordered so I did not test drive it. If you are buying one on the lot, you may want to drive it to make sure there is no rattle, no jerking motion from stop to go, no strange noise from transmission or engine, no noise when turning the steering wheel. Just a few problems I read on this forum. Take a look under the Hummer to see any rust or leak, I don't think you need to jack it up.

You cannot treat the Hummer dealer as thieves and liers, that is not the way to start a long term relationship. No professionals like to be treated with disrespect, nor a customer who demand this and that. I don't think you need a tech with you, it is the salesman's responsibility to go through every details and every part of the Hummer, as my salesman did, and I must sign on delivery forms to confirm my acceptance. I was so anxious to drive away, it was just too exciting, frankly I wasn't listening to him nor was I checking carefully. In the end, mine is perfect.
Old 08-02-2003, 06:26 PM
Hummer Authority

Big Z has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Make sure the fuel tank is topped off!
Old 08-02-2003, 06:37 PM

maybe some day... is off the scale

Don't pick it up if it's raining!!!!! Too many things you may overlook and you don't need to be driving your new rig home in a rainstorm.
Old 08-02-2003, 10:11 PM
Hummer Authority

NJ H2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BADRAP:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Batson34
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well if this is true then why did my dealer tell me that mine was "as good as it will get" and I still have rattles and noises coming from mine after it was in the shop for a total of about 15 days in the past 2 months... So I have not let them bully me, but not sure where to go from here.....Just MHO...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

BADRAP,
I had some problems with a 98' Corvette Convt that I bought new in New Jersey. It was at the Dealer for 16 days the first year I owned it. I was a little pissed but I had another car so I wasn't put out that much. I did however have a problem with the regional manager not returning any of my calls. (I was just going to explain my situation to him in hopes he could give me better service) I had left 3 messages and no call back to me so I went on line and typed New Jersey lemon Law and did a search.
What came up was www.LemonLaw.com
or 1-800-Lemon-Law
I told them the situation and a little over 1 month later they called me and said "GM made an offer for you to keep your car and not go any further with the Lemon Law suit. If you do this they will send you $10,000.00
I would have setteled for $5,000.00
I would try to contact them or someone eles that does this sort of thing and try to get some cash back or send the car packin w the Lemon Law. It can't hurt to try.
PS. I took the cash and kept the car.

Old 08-04-2003, 02:54 PM

H2 Lover:

Tell us how did it go?
Old 08-04-2003, 08:38 PM

wch3 is off the scale

Baston34,

Where would one find the surface rust that you mentioned? This is news to me. I had rusting problems when I bought a jeep grand when they first came out. Also, is it possible to remove the plastice/metal dealer tag from the rear hatch? I don't want to ruin the paint and I forgot to ask them to leave it off.
Old 08-04-2003, 09:17 PM

Do a search with the key word rust their have been numerous postings about the surface rust on the undercarriage.

As for the dealer tag take a real good look at it and make sure it is not bolted on...(I doubt it). It is likley tape, real sticky tape. I heat gun or hairdryer and some patience will get it off.

Don't be ashamed to go back and have the dealer take it off unless of course he is paying you to advertise.

The only thing that will ruin the paint is leaving it on and taking it off at a later date, it will leave an outline for sure.
Enjoy your new rig!
Old 08-04-2003, 09:41 PM
Hummer Authority

Albie is off the scale

Make sure its clean... I was sooo excited I didn;t care if it was dirty. went back later for a free car wash
Old 08-04-2003, 10:01 PM

maybe some day... is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wch3:
Also, is it possible to remove the plastice/metal dealer tag from the rear hatch? I don't want to ruin the paint and I forgot to ask them to leave it off.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heat gun or hair dryer and some monafilament fishing line. Heat to soften the double-stick tape or glue then use the fishing line to "saw" the thing off.
Old 08-04-2003, 11:47 PM
Hummer Expert

Hummer Man is off the scale

Tell then to take it off! before you take delivery of the vehicle and just tell them "hey its nothin personal I just dont like the dealr name badges on my cars - I think it is busy enough without all of that".