H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 12-28-2010, 04:00 AM
Hummer Veteran

Braveheart7 is off the scale
Default Recall Numbers

Had a search around and cant find any specifics. Left a message for service manager to call me in the AM in regards to wipers and Cluster.

As discussed with MUD it seems to have water in the module and they dont stop and the rear pisses out all the water etc.etc...

there was mention of a recall for this and also is there a recall for the cluster too?

I have a 05 H2 with 72,000 miles.

thanks for all your help.
Old 12-28-2010, 04:17 AM
Hummer Authority

Easy Ed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Recall Numbers

I had the recall notice for 2003 wiper module but already fixed it myself. Don't see one for 2005

Hello Edward,
You are receiving this message because you are a member of the Owner Center at My GMLink.
There is a recall for your 2003 HUMMER H2 5GRGN23U43H1*****

Recall campaigns are created to ensure your satisfaction and safety. Please take a moment to review the important recall information below:

10/30/2008 Recall
FRONT WINDSHIELD WIPER OPERATION - REPLACE MODULE COVER

Recall Notification e-mails are only one of the many ways that HUMMER strives to ensure your satisfaction and safety. Do not forget to visit My GMLink to see the latest Offers & Privileges, Warranty and Service information and to keep your service history log up-to-date.

Visit My GMLink now by clicking on the link below, or by pasting it into your browser URL address window.
https://www.mygmlink.com/main/US/en/hummer/home

Thank you for being part of the Owner Center!

--GM Recall Campaigns have been established for the safety, comfort and satisfaction of GM vehicle owners.

Make: HUMMER Model: HUMMER H2Model Year: 2003Manufacturer: GENERAL MOTORS CORP.Mfr's Report Date: SEP 08, 2008NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number: 08V456000 PE08042
NHTSA Action Number: PE08042 Component: VISIBILITY:WINDSHIELD WIPER/WASHER:MOTORPotential Number of Units Affected: 13358Summary:
GM IS RECALLING 13,358 MY 2003 HUMMER H2 VEHICLES. SOME OF THESE VEHICLES HAVE A CONDITION IN WHICH WATER CAN ENTER THE WINDSHIELD WIPER MOTOR MODULE. IF A SUFFICIENT AMOUNT OF WATER ENTERS THE MODULE, OVER TIME, THE FRONT WINDSHIELD WIPERS MAY WORK INTERMITTENTLY OR THEY MAY BECOME INOPERATIVE. Consequence:
IF THIS WERE TO OCCUR, DRIVER VISIBILITY COULD BE REDUCED, WHICH COULD RESULT IN A VEHICLE CRASH.Remedy:
DEALERS WILL INSPECT THE WINDSHIELD WIPER MODULE COVER, AND REPLACE THE WINDSHIELD WIPER MODULE COVER FREE OF CHARGE. THE RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN DURING NOVEMBER 2008. OWNERS MAY CONTACT HUMMER AT 1-800-732-5493 OR GO TO MYGMLINK AT HTTP://WWW.GM.COM/RECALL.Notes:
GM RECALL NO. 08243. CUSTOMERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV.

NHTSA Recall History

2003 Hummer H2: Ignition key in some vehicles could be removed with shift lever in position other than "park."
2003 Hummer H2: The windshield wipers may fail due to a faulty windshield wiper motor module. Dealers will inspect the windshield wiper module cover, and replace the windshield wiper module cover free of charge.
2003-04 Hummer H2: Brake hydro-boost housing may be out of spec and O-ring seal may fracture, slightly affecting steering effort when braking or parking.
2003-06 Hummer H2 w/certain Fabrech aftermarket replacement Pitman arms: Pin could shear off, resulting in loss of steering control.
2004-05 Hummer H2: Second-row center occupant seat routing may make it difficult to position lap portion of belt around hips of occupants, especially smaller occupants.
2004-05 Hummer H2 w/Bosch hydro-boost brake assembly: Hydraulic brake booster pressure accumulator may crack and separate, which could result in leakage and increased steering/braking effort.
2006 Hummer H2: Power steering hose may not meet specification and could fracture during extreme steering maneuvers.
2006 Hummer H2: Tire and loading information label may show inaccurate vehicle capacity weight.
2006-08 H2 equipped with a heated wiper washer fluid system: A short circuit on the printed circuit board for the washer fluid heater may overheat the control-circuit ground wire. This may cause other electrical features to malfunction, create an odor, or cause smoke, increasing the risk of a fire. Dealers will install a wire harness with an in-line fuse free of charge.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:02 AM
Hummer Expert

Hellz is on a distinguished road

can i go in for a recall on my H2 even if i am not the original owner?
and i am long past my 60k warranty?

my wipers cause a loud noise when they are turned on.
at one point they froze up, but started working again shortly afterwards.
no issues with rear wiper other than it doesnt make contact with the window to actually wipe it
Old 12-28-2010, 02:27 PM
Hummer Authority

If there is a VIN specific recall that has not been taken care of or if they issue a new recall for another problem on the truck then yes, any owner can take it in to get it repaired.

Example, in my case, if I sell the truck and the new owner runs the VIN for recalls at a dealership it will show that the wiper module is part of the 13,358 unit recall and has not been repaired yet (I repaired it myself before the recall) and they can then get the repair done.

TSB's are a whole different animal, once the warrenty is up you pay "out of pocket" for any repairs or do it yourself.

Ed
Old 12-30-2010, 01:08 AM
Hummer Expert

Rico001 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braveheart7
Had a search around and cant find any specifics. Left a message for service manager to call me in the AM in regards to wipers and Cluster.

As discussed with MUD it seems to have water in the module and they dont stop and the rear pisses out all the water etc.etc...

there was mention of a recall for this and also is there a recall for the cluster too?

I have a 05 H2 with 72,000 miles.

thanks for all your help.

From what I can find out about if GM will fix the Gauge Cluster everything is very unclear.
If you hear back from your Service Manager I wish you luck too.
I have read if you have under 60,000 miles they might fix it.
But I have never heard what if you are the second owner or have a extended warranty.
Our dealership loves to charge a $79 diagnostic fee on everything and then tell you they will not fix it and keep the money.

Good luck to you and please let me know if you hear any news.
Yellow 2003 H2 Luxury ALPHA , 2" lift, Black Helo Maxx8 20 X 10 Rims, Toyo AT Open Country II LT35/12.50/R20 tires, taillight guards and black LE brush guard, KC light bar w/4 Daylights, Recon Smoked roof lights, Sirius/XM Satellite Radio, Kenwood Head Unit , 4 - 6-1/2 inch Polk Audio Speakers, solid billet tailgate handle,HUMMER H2 Ghost lights ib front doors
Old 02-05-2011, 01:22 AM
Hummer Veteran

Braveheart7 is off the scale

Went to dealer they wouldnt repair cluster.... and they wanted $369 to fix wipers.... it goes by the vin number to see if it is a recall or not..

Anyway i order a set of 7 stepper motors on ebay and will put up pictures of the process if possible.. ( 7 stepper motors OE $35)

as for the wipers... removed top cowl and wioer arms and there was the motor... removed and removed the already loose cover... soaking wet inside.. removed water and let air dry for 4 hours.

silicone sealer round the edges and built it up... good as new... no more water pissing out everywhere and wipers that look as if they need an exorcism ... all good.

thanks for advice on the wipers...
Old 02-05-2011, 03:37 PM
Hummer Authority

Braveheart7, Congrats on the wiper module, mine are still working (did not do recall) after all this time.

Please keep us posted (maybe do a tech write up along with the pics) on the dash, it would be good info to have here on the site.

Thanks, Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braveheart7
Went to dealer they wouldnt repair cluster.... and they wanted $369 to fix wipers.... it goes by the vin number to see if it is a recall or not..

Anyway i order a set of 7 stepper motors on ebay and will put up pictures of the process if possible.. ( 7 stepper motors OE $35)

as for the wipers... removed top cowl and wioer arms and there was the motor... removed and removed the already loose cover... soaking wet inside.. removed water and let air dry for 4 hours.

silicone sealer round the edges and built it up... good as new... no more water pissing out everywhere and wipers that look as if they need an exorcism ... all good.

thanks for advice on the wipers...