H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 01-24-2006, 02:01 PM

HummerB is off the scale

What are the exact upgrades, besides the 33 in tires and underbody protection?
Old 01-24-2006, 02:01 PM

HummerB is off the scale

What are the exact upgrades, besides the 33 in tires and underbody protection?
Old 01-24-2006, 04:45 PM

HummerB is off the scale

by the way i did a search but the answers i found are a bit inconclusive. I understand the rear locker, 33 tire upgrade, and underbody protection come with the adv. package. Is this the only difference?
Old 01-24-2006, 05:47 PM
Hummer Veteran

evomind is an unknown quantity at this point

i believe the shocks are different too
Old 01-24-2006, 06:07 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

I believe they go into more detail at Hummer.com but not sure.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 01-24-2006, 06:08 PM
Hummer Expert

DarthKarl is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummerB:
underbody protection come with the adv. package. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The underbody protection kit is a separate accessory apart from the adventure package. I don’t think there is any additional undercarriage protection that comes with the adventure over the plain Lux and base versions.
Old 01-24-2006, 06:22 PM
Hummer Authority

Hummer Guy is off the scale

The undercarriage protection on the adv. is no different from the base. The shocks are tuned to be more stiff and give a more responisve feel when off-roading. Personally, I can't tell much of a difference in ride quality.

http://www.hummerguy.net
Old 01-24-2006, 06:34 PM

UNOMYFLO is off the scale

The adventure package comes as follows:

1) 33" tires
2) 4.56 gear ratio (probbaly due to the larger tire killing the stock gear setup) Plus more offroad ability gearing wise.
3) stiffer suspension and shocks.
4) different (lower) gearing in the transfer case.

IMO a must if you are purchasing a HUMMER.

I didnt care about the leather or the monsoon radio upgrade as I already added a rear sub by Infinity which IMO is more durable and has better base than the monsoon.

To add the tires later to a non 4:56 geared H3 makes the off the line launches poor gearing wise as well as the cost. To add different gears in the front and rear end would cost a fortune, as well as changing the gearing in the transfer case. the 3grand option give you a lot for your money.

Hope this helps.

and no the adventure package comes with the same front aluminum skid plate and the wimpy transfer case skid. The undercarriage protection is well worth the cash I have it and it is stout, along with the rocker protection you are good to go for any trails w/o the fear of coming doen on a rock and busting you tranny or t-case up.

UNO
Old 01-24-2006, 06:37 PM

UNOMYFLO is off the scale

I almost forgot it also gives you the dash actuated (by button) rear locker...again a lot of bang for the buck.

If you added up the cost of all the parts plus labor there is no way you could get even the parts for 3 grand.
Old 01-24-2006, 07:24 PM
Steve - SanJose

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by UNOMYFLO:

1) 33" tires
2) 4.56 gear ratio (probbaly due to the larger tire killing the stock gear setup) Plus more offroad ability gearing wise.

UNO </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think all H3's have the 4.56 rear end ratio, only the granny gear ratio is different between base and adventure setups.

S.
Old 01-24-2006, 07:31 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

You also get carpeted mats and you get a left rear compartment unless you have the monsoon stereo.
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 01-24-2006, 07:55 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Steve-SanJose-H3:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by UNOMYFLO:

1) 33" tires

UNO </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think all H3's have the 4.56 rear end ratio, only the granny gear ratio is different between base and adventure setups.

S. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Correct...all get the 4.56 gear and the adventure series (or off-road package) get the 4:1 Tcase versus a 2:1.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:19 PM

HummerB is off the scale

what is the 4:1 vs 2:1 transfer case?
Old 01-24-2006, 08:21 PM

HummerB is off the scale

And are 33's really going to rob noticeable power from me if i upgrade from the stock 31's down the road?
Old 01-24-2006, 08:29 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

HummerB
Hummer Veteran

Posted Jan 24, 5:21 PM
And are 33's really going to rob noticeable power from me if i upgrade from the stock 31's down the road?

I thought the base had 32 inch tires.
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:33 PM

boulderhummer is off the scale

i put Terra Grappler 33's on my base H3 with no problem. truck runs great. other than the obvious lack of power complaint by everyone, i don't notice a problem. i did raise the torson bars up an inch in the front...rides great.
good luck
Old 01-24-2006, 08:39 PM
Banned

SledgeHummer is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
Correct...all get the 4.56 gear and the adventure series (or off-road package) get the 4:1 Tcase versus a 2:1. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldnt be so sure, I think it's 2,62 (or 2.72) on the base package. I have the adventure package and it doesnt come with an underbody protection.

I already ordered the underbody protection from GM and Offroad lamps & rocker panels. will be taking before/after pictures as well as installation pictures, will post them when done, not sometime soon though.

SledgeHummer
Old 01-24-2006, 09:49 PM
Hummer Professional

H3HUMVEE is off the scale

the base hase a 2.64:1 Borg-warner transfer case
Old 01-24-2006, 10:16 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H3HUMVEE:
the base hase a 2.64:1 Borg-warner transfer case </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You as well as Sledgehammer caught me. It is a 2.64:1 BW 4493 and the off-road is BW 4494 4:1.

I wonder when we are discussing the underbody protection if the original poster is asking about the three shields that do come with all H3s; the front shield (with the H2 on it), the shield Sledgehammer ripped off (as shown in another thread), and the thin one that hangs under the Tcase?
The caged underbody protection is optional on all vehicles, but should be a requirement if doing any serious off-roading.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:30 PM
Hummer Professional

H3HUMVEE is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by f5fstop:
[quote]Originally posted by H3HUMVEE:
the base hase a 2.64:1 Borg-warner transfer case </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You as well as Sledgehammer caught me. It is a 2.64:1 BW 4493 and the off-road is BW 4494 4:1.

the three shields that do come with all H3s; the front shield (with the H2 on it),

You mean(H3 on it) ... caught you again