H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 12-24-2011, 07:43 AM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Man, I am FUKKING PISSED

As most of you know, I am in the bodyshop business... I have been for 30 years. I?m extremely anal and everything in my shop is word of mouth and referral only... no phone books, no advertisements, blah, blah, blah.

We do mostly collision work but we do a lot of custom/restoration stuff too. Last year we painted a ?63 split window Corvette for Rick Hendrick?s personal museum. We have a ?67 of his in there now and a ?71 cutlass coming next week.

I?m extremely anal about not having paint on my vehicles. When I purchased my SUT a few years ago, my main concern was if it had any add?l paintwork.

There was none to be found. I?m so anal about the condition of my paint on my vehicles that if I am forced to park in a normal parking spot, I always check my doors to make sure they haven?t been dinged. I can tell you ever mark, chip or scratch on my truck.

Other than getting the duramax installed (which you can bet your sweet ass that I went over every square inch of that truck when I got it back) the only other two times it?s been away from me was last week when the dealer installed the power steering gear and a couple of months ago when I sent it to the stereo shop to have some add?l cameras installed.

So today I?m talking to my insurance company on the phone outside and as I?m talking to them, my eyes are checking for dings or dents.

WHAT THE FUK DO I SEE???? In the bottom right corner of the front driver?s door, there is a dent (almost crease) in it. I?m like, WTF? It?s too large for me to have missed it and I just had some paintless dent removal work done a couple of months ago when someone dinged my door.

Upon closer inspection, I find it has been bondo?d over (about a dozen pinholes in the bondo) painted and had the clear burned in. Overall, it?s about a square foot of repair work... it?s bad enough it?s been repaired, it?s a SHlTTY job. They cleared over a scrape in the bare metal, there?s pinholes in the bondo, they didn?t buff out all the wetsand marks...

I AM FURIOUS....

I hauled ass to the dealership and made a scene with the owner because I forgot about the stereo shop (which coincidently shares a parking lot with a crappy bodyshop)

I?m so freakin? pissed, I can?t sleep. I have to go see if I can fix a vibration in my POS Jeep but I promise you, me and the stereo shop is going to have a serious fukking talk.

I can feel my blood pressure rising now... I would have rather someone be honest and say, ?hey man, I?m sorry but we messed up your truck? than do some crappy work which now I?ll have to make a bigger repair to fix theirs.

FUKKKKKKKKK

Mark
Old 12-24-2011, 02:17 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerJim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Man, I am FUKKING PISSED

Mark, I feel your pain! I'm another one of those people that parks at the end of the aisle where no other cars are to avoid dings - it drives my wife crazy. I'm very anal also about the fit and finish on my cars. I bought a BMW M5 in 2003 from a reputable dealership and they gave me the CARFAX that it had no accidents and had been a one owner car.
I have those yard long three inch wide foam door protectors that stick on magnetically for when it's parked next to the Hummer or Corvette in the garage. I noticed it wouldn't stick on the passenger side and using a magnet I found a spot 18 inches in diameter that had been bondoed.
I was also furious because they said it was a one owner accident free car, and took it back to the dealer and they gave me a 150 mile brand new 535i loaner while mine was fixed with a new door. The dealer thinks it was damaged getting off the ship in Charleston SC and repaired without their knowledge.
My wife thought I was crazy because it wasn't visible to the naked eye even with a black paint job, which as you know shows every imperfection. I won't even begin to tell you how I felt for months when the neighbor's cat slid down and scratched with his claws the back of my original paint 396, 65 Corvette Coupe parked outside for only that night while I spray painted the garage drywall in the 80s. It was the only night it was outside the entire year except for my annual trips up to the Corvette show in Bloomington. I know I shouldn't get that attached to cars, but I do!

Last edited by HummerJim : 12-24-2011 at 02:26 PM.
Old 12-24-2011, 03:40 PM
Hummer Veteran

TTLex is on a distinguished road

I would blow my freaking lid if someone did work on my vehicle to cover something up. That would probably end up with me getting locked up.

Fabtech lift- Bilstein shocks- Hotchkins sways- Cognito UCA's- Cognito support kit- Kryptonite tie rods- Spohn adjustable panhard bar- Rancho stabilizer- Suspension Maxx 1.5" spacers- Green keys- Fuel Hostage 20x12- Toyo Open country 40x15.5- Boulder Accessories winch bumper- Warn light bar w/ PIAA 520's- ZMag billet hood vent- Volant intake- exhaust- superchips tuner- linex bumpers/mirrors- E&G fender flares- blacked out lights- kenwood head unit/tv/navigation- headrest monitors
Old 12-24-2011, 08:15 PM
Hummer Authority

NJ H2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

WOW!!!
HEADS WOULD ROLL!!!

Old 12-24-2011, 08:31 PM
Hummer Veteran

GRTWHT1 is on a distinguished road

SCUM BAGS!! I hope you can get some satisfaction.
I feel for you

Scott
Old 12-25-2011, 12:50 AM
Hummer Expert

twr is on a distinguished road

Hi Mark, I can see why your FU-KING PIS-ED Don`t end up in Jail Bro.

2008 H2 SUV
Starr Hid projector headlights
Hid lights in the DRL bumper holes
Custom Alum. light bar, 2 Rigid Industries 10 inch Leds
MC2 Roof Light Bar
24 inch Starr 770 Hammer Rims
Gen 6 Lockpick
Gm bluetooth
Front + Rear Camera's

73 Duster 588 ci. B1 injected akly with NOS
Supercharged 2002 Harley, E Glide Classic
2005 Screamin Eagle, E Glide

http://twrbaggersplus.com/
Old 12-25-2011, 01:07 AM
Hummer Guru

So since I had to go to the shop to fix my drivehaft, I didn?t have a chance to stop at the stereo shop so I called them.

Having known the owner for a long time, I was assured that he personally worked on my H2 himself and promised me he would have told me if they had so much as scratched it.

At this point, it doesn?t matter, I need to fix it but I would have liked to have been told whoever screwed up my shiet....

Anyway, rant off.

Mark
Old 12-25-2011, 07:54 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

Mark do you have a teenage son ?
Maybe someone went for a joy ride and did a half ass fix ?
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 12-25-2011, 09:12 PM
Hummer Guru

Nope, no sons, NO ONE drives my truck except me.... Obviously someone did this (and recently) but at this point, I gotta get it fixed.

Mark
Old 12-26-2011, 07:24 PM
Hummer Veteran

atomicgoofball is on a distinguished road

wow im sorry to hear that mark, That's like trusting your kid with a babysitter, to find out the babysitter put their EFFING hands on ur kid!

i dont have kids but i have lotta nieces and nephews but I do have a show car i take pride in. I feel ur pain bro
Old 12-27-2011, 05:01 AM
Hummer Expert

[__--MUD--__] is on a distinguished road

Its all BS unless you provide pictures!
Old 12-27-2011, 01:50 PM
Hummer Expert

2010_5thgen is on a distinguished road

wow...are you serious? the sterio shop had your truck painted without even telling you? looks like you own a new sterio shop!....and maybe another body shop. lol really though... i hope you take those guys down. thats BS.
Old 12-27-2011, 02:09 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by [__--MUD--__]
Its all BS unless you provide pictures!

As soon as it quits raining, I'll take some pics...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen
wow...are you serious? the sterio shop had your truck painted without even telling you? looks like you own a new sterio shop!....and maybe another body shop. lol really though... i hope you take those guys down. thats BS.

Read up a bit, I talked to the stereo shop owner and he says it under no circumstances was their shop. He personally did the work on my truck and he said if there was a problem, he would have at least given me the opportunity to fix my own vehicle since I'm in the business myself.

Both the dealership and the stereo shop deny it happening there. Like I mentioned before, at this point... it doesn't really matter. I'll have to do it myself... it just pisses me off.

Mark
Old 12-27-2011, 05:07 PM
Hummer Authority

guruerror is on a distinguished road

Sounds like we need to take a look at the crappy body shop's books...see if there's any payments posted from the radio shop next door.

Or maybe a little CSI on the type of bondo they used...

Seriously though...the whole thing is just 'insane.' The hardest part for me would be not knowing WHO to take my anger out on...the radio shop or the dealer. The mystery would drive me nuts...
Old 12-27-2011, 07:36 PM
Hummer Expert

2010_5thgen is on a distinguished road

could your wife or a family member have done it? ive found out that if my wife messes up anything with my camaro or the hummer...shes not gonna tell me and i have to find out on my own when i detail them.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:49 PM
Hummer Guru

No, the only person that would drive it would be my wife and being in the bodyshop business, she wouldn't even think to have someone else do it. I'll stake my life on it.

Mark

PS. Guess the diesel forum didn't like my response, huh?
Old 12-28-2011, 07:00 PM
Hummer Professional

Humdingah is an unknown quantity at this point

Mark,

Can you post a link to your reply on the diesel forum? They're not real hip on H2s as I found out after posting about the rear ends vs. a diesel's 11.5 AAM.

Dan
Old 12-29-2011, 05:22 AM
Hummer Veteran

Luv2Camp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush
As soon as it quits raining, I'll take some pics...

Read up a bit, I talked to the stereo shop owner and he says it under no circumstances was their shop. He personally did the work on my truck and he said if there was a problem, he would have at least given me the opportunity to fix my own vehicle since I'm in the business myself.

Both the dealership and the stereo shop deny it happening there. Like I mentioned before, at this point... it doesn't really matter. I'll have to do it myself... it just pisses me off.

Mark

Mark, any of those mobile repair guys out there? I could see the dealer scrambling and having this done on their lot. Doubt there would be more than one or two of these guys in your market that handle the dealerships and a couple of questions to them may get you the answer. Not like they could get your H2 mixed up with any other!
Old 12-29-2011, 01:11 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdingah
Mark,

Can you post a link to your reply on the diesel forum? They're not real hip on H2s as I found out after posting about the rear ends vs. a diesel's 11.5 AAM.

Dan

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/sho...56#post4470756

The post was made and I looked at the work done and didn't like it. Because the OP has such a large following, all the fanboyz quickly took up for him. That's great, I'm sure he's a great guy but the workmanship from what I had seen so far sucked.

Oh well....

Mark
Old 01-01-2012, 06:38 AM
Hummer Professional

H2Much is on a distinguished road

Mark, I feel your pain man. When I was having a lot of upgrades thrown on my ride, I had it in a stereo shop, a mechanic, and at Best Buy for the alarm system. Sure enough, when I got it back I had broken door panels, body damage (dents like it had been doored), and damage on the hood like someone let it fall open and hit something. When I noticed it, it was after it had been at all three places in the same week. I an anal like you, so I know every freakin ding or dent on that thing. When I went back to all oof the places, nobody wanted to cop up that they f-d stuff up. Came to find out it was the dealership; surprise, surprise. When I went back they told me that the guy that worked on my truck was no longer there, so they were unable to validate anything.

BS, just because people are too damn stupid to work on a bigger car and cannot keep their eyes open when they are working on stuff and keep from busting stuff. On top of that, they hire a bunch of damn kids that have no respect for anyone's stuff and they jack stuff up. Trust me man, I can guarantee you are not alone because nobody has enough knowledge or respect for these vehicles to know how the hell to work on them. If anyone ever opens up a respectable place that can respect my ride and do good work around here they will have my business for life. Too bad you don't do work in my area man, sounds like you are the kind of guy I would want working on my ride.

Hope you get it figured out....
Sweet looking H2 with not enough mods (2003 Pewter H2, 20" Rockstars, 40"x15.5" Toyo MT's, E&G Extended Flares, Full body tube steel exoskeleton, 5" Skyjacker lift, Amp Research steps, Gobi Roofrack and ladders, Smoked LED's, AFe CAI, Dynatech long tubes and cats, Magnaflow exhaust, Stock tune, 4.88 gears, Chrome Grenade Shifter, interior blacked out, rear captains chairs, Solar Power!!)