H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 12-22-2007, 05:07 AM
Hummer Veteran

410225 is on a distinguished road
Default H2 Vs. Range Rover

What do you guys think of the comparison between H2 and Range Rover? O used to have 95 RR Classic LWB and it was a excellent and rugged vehicle.
Old 12-22-2007, 07:09 AM
Hummer Expert

Badace is on a distinguished road
Default Re: H2 Vs. Range Rover

Range Rover's now are for Nancies. Plus, The way the foriegners attitude towards the Hummer and spinning it to Generalize Americans makes me want to stick my fist in their mouths. Screw them. Buy American. The H2 makes a RR look like a moped. (A suped up moped) If Luxury is what you want so you don't spill your martini, then I would compare a RR and an Escalade. A RR's today are just a BME'R/Mercedes wanting to be an SUV. JMO
Old 12-22-2007, 07:57 AM
Hummer Expert

CONRAD II is an unknown quantity at this point

This A$$hole hase a very interesting perspective!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06jmReDezek

He sounds a little biased.

03' White 2 Door H1 Pickup w/ 2in. body lift
05' BLACK SUT SLANTBACK Magnacharged w\ 12lb pulley, 6in. Fabtech lift, tierods, BUILT 4L80E tranny, 5.13 gears
66' VETTE STINGRAY
12' DODGE RAM 2500 CUMMINS 4X4 W/ FRONT & REAR LOCKERS
07' Z06
Old 12-22-2007, 08:23 AM
Hummer Guru

frenzy1 is on a distinguished road

I drove a Range Rover a couple of years ago. Great ride, but I traded it for an american truck (Dodge Ram), 'cause I felt the range was freakin' gay ! Over here, almost all Range Rovers are driven by rich snob ladies !
HUMMER ALL THE WAY !

Frenzy
Belgium

MY TRUCK : NO !
MY DOG : MAYBE
MY WIFE : YES

Old 12-22-2007, 04:02 PM
Hummer Guru

Agriv8r is an unknown quantity at this point

Old 12-22-2007, 05:24 PM
Hummer Authority

Alan06SUT is an unknown quantity at this point

I will go anywhere a stock Range Rover and leave it behind (with my stock BFG's on). A couple of boulders is all it takes to get the RR stuck as well as fubar the rocker panels. A little bit of mud will clog its low profile street tires in about 2 seconds. That top gear guy is such a joke!!!

I went to the Range Rover version of a Hummer Happening and it was a joke! My buddy who just bought a LR3 had just gone to a Hummer Happening with me and he agreed. We never even needed 4 wheel drive. There was no mud, no boulders, and not even any diffucult hill climbs. They loved the whole take your feet off the peadals and let it drive its self down the hill thing. Who gives a crap if it can turn the abs on while going down a hill? Please. Throw your H2 in 4lo and it decends hills just fine with a little bit of brake modulation.

I wish I could find a RR owner around here who wants to take the chalenge. I would make a counter video to that british clown.
Old 12-22-2007, 06:09 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

The RAnge Rover and Range ROver SPort rides better than the H2. It is easier to fit on parking spots. The RRS is fast!!!!!

The H2 will outshine any of the newer Ranges any day of the week mostly due to the AP and DP angles.

I plan to trade my H2 in on a Rnage ROver SPort soon.
Old 12-22-2007, 06:18 PM
Hummer Expert

Badace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by timgco
The RAnge Rover and Range ROver SPort rides better than the H2. It is easier to fit on parking spots. The RRS is fast!!!!!

The H2 will outshine any of the newer Ranges any day of the week mostly due to the AP and DP angles.

Commie.
Old 12-22-2007, 07:51 PM
Hummer Expert

Vettster is on a distinguished road

That ignorant jerk in the video wouldn't happen to work for Consumer Reports would he?
Old 12-22-2007, 08:43 PM
Hummer Professional

porschett is on a distinguished road

HE' A BLOODY PALMY THAT THINKS HE KNOWS EVERYTHING ABOUT EVERYTHING! For some unknown reason, the English people threat him as if he were Nobility. I think his viewpoint is concieved by whatever car company supplies his ride for that day.

2006 H2 Hummer Gone and missed

1998 993 Porsche Twin Turbo (Last one made)

2006 Baja Performance 88 MPH

2008 GT2 Porsche

2009 DBS

"I object and take exception to everyone saying Obama and Congress are spending money like a drunken sailor. As a former drunken sailor, I quit when I ran out of money"
Old 12-23-2007, 06:49 AM
Hummer Guru

3Hummer is on a distinguished road

havent driven the Range's but my friends mom has one and i just find it as very uncofortable and a very uncofortable ride, and i also think teh Range Rover Sport looks funny, looks like someone tried to smush down the back with a large brick

2003 H1 HMCS: Ocean Blue Metallic, Grey Leather Interior

2010 H3 Alpha: Canyon Metallic, Cashmere Interior

2017 VW Jetta S

2012 Cessna 182T Skylane

used to have: 2007 base H3 Slate Blue

/''T''|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**"\)_)
Old 12-24-2007, 01:11 AM
Hummer Authority

We need to do an H2 vs RR video, but the only problem is finding any type of footage or off-raod willing RR owners. Pleople say they never see Hummers on the trail, I have NEVER seen a newer RR, LR3, or RRS on the trails. I've seen FJ's, JK's, H3's, H2's, etc. but not a single current LR.
Old 12-24-2007, 02:49 AM
Hummer Veteran

OffRoadin is on a distinguished road

Found some you tube vids if this helps to do a comparo...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WhML...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eNxr...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1oI3...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TSIfaOMovw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek-Ij...eature=related

The RRS is a nice car. My father has one and I've rode in it plenty of times. Nice ride and very comfy. But with an interior like that I would never take it off roading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan06SUT
We need to do an H2 vs RR video, but the only problem is finding any type of footage or off-raod willing RR owners. Pleople say they never see Hummers on the trail, I have NEVER seen a newer RR, LR3, or RRS on the trails. I've seen FJ's, JK's, H3's, H2's, etc. but not a single current LR.

http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=34096
Old 12-24-2007, 06:51 AM
Hummer Authority

Very nice trucks, no question. But I know they are far less capable in stock form than an H2. You can't even get sliders from the factory and a full size spare is optional. I love the LR3, RR, RRS but seriously you are on crack if you think it can do the same things as an H2 w/ 35's.
Old 12-24-2007, 12:20 PM
Hummer Veteran

OffRoadin is on a distinguished road

Trust me, after owning my H2 for a couple months now, I know that no other trucks/SUVs can match what an H1 and H2 can do if you compare factory vs. factory. I even went as far as to test drive a G500. The whole 3 locking diffs had me dazed and drooling. My three choices for ORVs were the G500, D110, and the H2. I actually test drove the G500 before the H2. I was pretty dead set on the G500 until I did more research and decided to get a few minutes of seat time behind the H2 via test drive. I was moments away from getting the G500. Glad I didn't do it.

So can someone put together another Hummer tribute video with the H1 and H2 vs. all of the Euro SUVs (Porsche, VW, MB, Land Rover, BMW) Since they all "claim" they have such off road capable vehicles. I never really heard anything about the Audi Q7. Maybe they know that they can't compete off road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan06SUT
Very nice trucks, no question. But I know they are far less capable in stock form than an H2. You can't even get sliders from the factory and a full size spare is optional. I love the LR3, RR, RRS but seriously you are on crack if you think it can do the same things as an H2 w/ 35's.

http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=34096
Old 12-27-2007, 01:45 PM
Hummer Veteran

410225 is on a distinguished road

I know RR and Hummer comes from similar historical background which both original version of vehicles served as a military purpose. I wanted to see if anyone can actually compare the mechanicals of RR Vs. H2 not just the bling factor or comfy level.
I agree with the newer RR or RRS that are NOT even close to being off road vehicle but mall cruiser. Too much unnecessary gadgets and computers. That is why I wanted to see the logical comparison between classic rovers vs. H2 or even H1. Range Rovers are their own chasis and built soley for their own. In the other hand, H2's are based on Tahoe or yukon paltform with same motor as Denali or Escalade(6.0L or 6.2L).
Don't get me wrong. I own H2 and love my truck, but that British jerk who compares and bashes H2 or other American truck, I just wanted to see if there is a logical sense or rhyme or reason for the bash.
Old 12-29-2007, 11:27 PM
Hummer Expert

W1N is off the scale

I have both Supercharged H2 and RRS SC. Both very different vehicles. RRS luxury, H2 truely manly machine. I like both very much. RRS much more convinient in heavy traffic and long hauls, H2 just for having fun day after day!

RRS gets you one look, H2 is someting you are remembered of for long time. Atleast here in Finland.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:45 PM
Hummer Veteran

CLAYDOG is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by 410225
I know RR and Hummer comes from similar historical background which both original version of vehicles served as a military purpose. I wanted to see if anyone can actually compare the mechanicals of RR Vs. H2 not just the bling factor or comfy level.
I agree with the newer RR or RRS that are NOT even close to being off road vehicle but mall cruiser. Too much unnecessary gadgets and computers. That is why I wanted to see the logical comparison between classic rovers vs. H2 or even H1. Range Rovers are their own chasis and built soley for their own. In the other hand, H2's are based on Tahoe or yukon paltform with same motor as Denali or Escalade(6.0L or 6.2L).
Don't get me wrong. I own H2 and love my truck, but that British jerk who compares and bashes H2 or other American truck, I just wanted to see if there is a logical sense or rhyme or reason for the bash.

The word "platform" Is missused by a lot be people not in the auto industry thinking it means "frame", when in truth a "component set" would be a better discription. For example a 1ton duelly Silverado is also on the same GMT800 "platform" that bolth the H2 and Tahoe are on, and in reality the Silverado has more parts in common with the Tahoe than the H2 does. The actual "frame" on a H2 is unique to itself and shared with no other vehicle.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:05 PM
Hummer Veteran

TRUBRIT is on a distinguished road

The Brit in the RR is Jeremy Clarkson. If you have ever watched the show Top Gear you will understand that he is not really biased. He tells it like he sees it. He trashes everything, i.e. Porsche Cayanne Turbo. He is right about some of the quality issues apparent with American made vehicles. You only have to read the Forums to see that. You did notice that the H2 was in the lead right? It stopped for some unknown reason, but not because it could not climb something. Watch Top Gear if you get a chance, it is hilarious. They do not hold anything back and they are not backed by any car company.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:22 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by timgco
Name:  ban.gif
Views: 425
Size:  5.6 KB