H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 11-22-2003, 04:20 AM

ghosthummer is off the scale

I am truly speechless. When I first came to this site, I thought it was informative and cool. After reading posts from detonate, dennisAJC, and drtyfn, I have changed my mind. If they aren't attacking newcomers, they are bashing each other. The recent exchanges between these three is proof positive. I think it's time this kind of behavior came to an end. I think it's time we all start acting like adults and keep the discussions related to the what this forum is about: the H2. Nothing more. Nothing less. Jason, you seem like you have a pretty good head on your shoulders. You are the administrator of this site and I think you should come up with some guidelines as it relates to etiquette on this site. I think some kind of disciplinary action should be administered for those who cross the line. And one more thing...for the sake of humanity, please remove that disgusting picture in "The Problem with Dennis" topic. That is without a doubt the most disgusting image I have ever seen and has no place on a public forum.

Prediction: I get attacked by drtyfn, detonate or DennisAJC
Old 11-22-2003, 04:20 AM

I am truly speechless. When I first came to this site, I thought it was informative and cool. After reading posts from detonate, dennisAJC, and drtyfn, I have changed my mind. If they aren't attacking newcomers, they are bashing each other. The recent exchanges between these three is proof positive. I think it's time this kind of behavior came to an end. I think it's time we all start acting like adults and keep the discussions related to the what this forum is about: the H2. Nothing more. Nothing less. Jason, you seem like you have a pretty good head on your shoulders. You are the administrator of this site and I think you should come up with some guidelines as it relates to etiquette on this site. I think some kind of disciplinary action should be administered for those who cross the line. And one more thing...for the sake of humanity, please remove that disgusting picture in "The Problem with Dennis" topic. That is without a doubt the most disgusting image I have ever seen and has no place on a public forum.

Prediction: I get attacked by drtyfn, detonate or DennisAJC
Old 11-22-2003, 05:07 AM
Hummer Guru

Spike is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd like to start out by saying that I don't agree with the post above. I enjoy the exchanges (battles) between these guys. I find them entertaining, comical and clever. And although I enjoy this site for its technical advice, I also look forward to some of the good natured ball breaking.
I do have a solution that I think will make everyone happy. Start another forum on the main page. Call it the "steel cage match". And you can even put a disclaimer or warning next to it stating that it may contain off color humor, vulgar language, gripes, complaints and whatever else. This way the people that are offended by these exchanges can stay the hell out of the "steel cage match" forum, and these complaints should stop. From now on when a topic starts to take a turn for the worse and the combatants are getting out of control, one of them can call the other one out or they can mutually agree to switch to the "steel cage match" forum. No holds barred. Anything goes. Just cut loose on each other until one of them gives up or goes home bloody. I'll bet its the most popular forum on the site within days.
While I agree that everyone should not be subjected to these exchanges, I don't think they should be banned because a few people are offended by them. By putting them in one seperate forum and identifing the content of that forum, no one should have any more complaints. If you don't like it....DON'T GO THERE!!!!!!!

2003 Yellow H2, Lux Series, Air Suspension, Front Brush Guard, Rear Tail Lamp Guards, MC2 Chrome Billet Locking Fuel Door
Old 11-22-2003, 05:08 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

No attacks here ghost.

Just want to enlighten the Forum of how ONE is in public then be totally different in private.

Like a preacher telling his flock not to harm their children then go home to beat his.

Like I said, I'm no angel too. When it's a newbie, he is welcomed. If he acts like a Troll, he is treated like one.

My Video Collectionez

Old 11-22-2003, 05:26 AM

Spike,

I appreciate your input and I guess that would be better than nothing. But the last time I checked, this was the "H2 Source" not the "Attack Your Neighbor Source" or "Watch out Newcomers Source". Good grief. There's something this site started out with that's been lost over the last couple of months...dignity. I mean - did you see that picture? How many newcomers,that may have valuable input at some point, will stumble across that picture and never come back. This certainly isn't the "Eat Diarrhea Source".
Old 11-22-2003, 05:33 AM

Dennis,

Thank you. I can understand your frustration. All I'm asking is for you guys to tone down the rheroric and maybe go a little easier on people who ask dumb questions or post, post and re-post old topics. Also, don't automatically assume someone is a troll - give it time. A troll will always expose himself and cause his own demise. At least you and drty have shown some restraint at times. Detonate is another story.
Old 11-22-2003, 05:37 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

PLEASE REMOVE THAT PHOTO IMMEDIATELY. I thought I have seen it all and cannot be offended, but that was too much. I regreted I opened that private post. I don't care much about the words, just typed words I glanced over, no big deal.

I was not and still am not aware of any disagreement between these 3 old members, I have not been reading 99% of the posts. Just glancing through their open posts, I did not find anything alarming, maybe entertaining to some degree. If I don't read it from the start, which takes a lot of time, I wouldn't know they are fighting, thought they are just kidding around as usual.

I certainly don't want to see any old friends leave. Can you 3 guys just stop reading each others' posts and not respond to each others? That's quite easy to do.

I have been attacked many times, but I cannot remember on any occasion I was hurt or angry. I see no reason whatsoever to get emotional or serious about anything said/written here. If I did not respond to any attack, it was not because I ran out of words, usually I did not read it, I did not care, I forgot or simply I did not have the time. By choice or neglect, I often don't read opposition's reply/replies, consequently my word was the final word, as such, I am invincible. Why don't 3 of you do the same? its easy. If any one wants to kick me off the forum for whatever reasons or no reason at all, I frankly don't think that will bother me in anyway.
Old 11-22-2003, 05:41 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

No, Ghost, you definitely won't get any kind of guff from me, either.
But don't try to enforce your standards on this site. Are you going to be the one to decide who's stepped over the line? These things usually work themselves out with everyone involved. Detonate is the exception.
As for the picture- it is absolutely tasteless. But look at who posted it. Don't condemn Dennis for pulling back the curtain on the replusive tactics of Detonate. This was a last resort on the part of Dennis to show everyone that there's way more to this feud than meets the eye. Dennis has taken a load of crap for these squabbles and I don't blame him at all. It's not pretty, but it's the truth, ugly as it may be.

As for your newcomer comment: newbies are welcomed with open arms, unless they're trolls or obnoxious. As I've dared others before you, find where any of us has viciously attacked a newcomer without provocation. It hasn't happened. If anything, it's a good-natured ribbing and then friendship.
Old 11-22-2003, 05:47 AM
Hummer Messiah

Ghost,

I've done pretty much all Jason asked of me. I've toned it down considerably. In Detonate's case, totally opposite.

Mac,

I know I'm gonna be in hot water for posting this PM. I admire your restraint in these matters. Unfortunately I do not fully posses your gift and certain things will cause me to get upset. I would regret getting kicked off this Forum since I've learned so much(And dished out alot of **** on occassion ).

My Video Collectionez

Old 11-22-2003, 05:49 AM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ghosthummer:
Dennis,

Thank you. I can understand your frustration. All I'm asking is for you guys to tone down the rheroric and maybe go a little easier on people who ask dumb questions or post, post and re-post old topics. Also, don't automatically assume someone is a troll - give it time. A troll will always expose himself and cause his own demise. At least you and drty have shown some restraint at times. Detonate is another story.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You snuck this in while I was typing.
Maybe this site is going to be too much for you. If you do a search on any search engine for delicate flower sites I'm sure that you'll find something that will be soft enough for you. Since you're new = sarcasm.

Always remember: Sticks and stones....
Don't let words have such power over you.
Old 11-22-2003, 05:50 AM

unaslob is off the scale

that pic represents a low point in this sites history.... it should have not been posted up... the dialogue yes... the pic... no!!

it should have been forwarded to the administrators and let them sort it out. if they determine anything... let them post the resolve...

it has gotten way out of hand.. if ppl want to fight.. let them.. but not in strings that started off useful... I hate combing through allt that **** just to find out there are 15 posts or pure waste... there ought to be a thread for these wars... that is all..

unaslob

Corsa Sport exhaust(offroad 'tip'), Gobi rack w/ lights & w/roof mounted tire w/ ladder, Warn Winch with rear power, Dual Wolo Airhorns w/ lanyard valve, Hadley Aircompressor 130PSI, 14" airtank, front and rear quick disconnects for air, Cobra 75 WX CB, Dual 4' Firestik fiberglass whips, front tinted windows, 7" Homer Simpson decal (teehee)!
Corsa Sport exhaust(offroad \'tip\'), Gobi rack w/ lights & w/roof mounted tire w/ ladder, Warn Winch with rear power, Dual Wolo Airhorns w/ lanyard valve, Hadley Aircompressor 130PSI, 14\" airtank, front and rear quick disconnects for air, Cobra 75 WX
Old 11-22-2003, 05:53 AM

I would never want to enforce anything on anyone. It is more of a request than a demand. All I'm asking for is a little decency. A forum that H2 enthusiasts can come to for sharing info and learning from each other and walk away feeling positive. You're right - it's not for me to decide who's stepped over the line, but I think we can all agree on a standard of decency and perhaps a code of ethics as it relates to how members treat each other. Once it is agreed upon, I think Jason should be the one to decide whether someone has crossed the line. But how can one know when a line has been crossed if there is no established line to begin with. It's either that or I guess this site/forum will continue down a path of degredation. Just a thought.
Old 11-22-2003, 05:54 AM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by unaslob:
that pic represents a low point in this sites history.... it should have not been posted up... the dialogue yes... the pic... no!!

it should have been forwarded to the administrators and let them sort it out. if they determine anything... let them post the resolve...

it has gotten way out of hand.. if ppl want to fight.. let them.. but not in strings that started off useful... I hate combing through allt that **** just to find out there are 15 posts or pure waste... there ought to be a thread for these wars... that is all..

unaslob

Corsa Sport exhaust(offroad 'tip'), Gobi rack w/ lights & w/roof mounted tire w/ ladder, Warn Winch with rear power, Dual Wolo Airhorns w/ lanyard valve, Hadley Aircompressor 130PSI, 14" airtank, front and rear quick disconnects for air, Cobra 75 WX CB, Dual 4' Firestik fiberglass whips, front tinted windows, 7" Homer Simpson decal (teehee)!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Waaahhhhhh!!!! BOO HOOOOO!!!!

You said the "S" word. I'm so offended. Can you stop with that language!!?
Old 11-22-2003, 06:01 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

It's one thing to be funny, witty and clever..and even joke around a bit. It's entirely another when it turns nasty, viscious and disgusting: we all lose.

A line was crossed, the situation has been addressed and things should hopefully return to a more tasteful state. No need to dwell on this, I think we're all on the same page.
Old 11-22-2003, 06:11 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> You snuck this in while I was typing.
Maybe this site is going to be too much for you. If you do a search on any search engine for delicate flower sites I'm sure that you'll find something that will be soft enough for you. Since you're new = sarcasm.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My prediction came true...I knew you couldn't resist. Maybe you're right. Maybe this site has become too much for me. And maybe it has become too much for others who are tired of the high schoolish banter. Unless things change, maybe all that will be left are people who attack one another and not much about discussing the H2. Wouldn't you agree that H2 discussions seem to be taking a "third row seat" to a lot of nonsense?
Old 11-22-2003, 06:16 AM

Since you've been here awhile - reality.
Old 11-22-2003, 06:17 AM
Hummer Messiah

ghost,

These past few weeks have been quite constructive. Everyone was having fun. Detonate rears his head to get a chain reaction started.

This photo....where the hell did he get that????? It shows what kind of a sick boy he is.

My Video Collectionez

Old 11-22-2003, 06:30 AM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>When I first came to this site, I thought it was informative and cool<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ghost,

Well it still is cool but 6 of your 8 posts have been on this thread. There are hundreds of other threads with great information. I posted one tonight with numerous pics of us offroad on trails today. Did you visit that one?

Communities have diversity but everyone finds their place. Sometimes it's hard to jump off of these threads because people like to see/read drama. Hit another thread and you'll find what you're looking for.

Good Luck.
Old 11-22-2003, 06:30 AM

unaslob is off the scale

best part is dennis, you have the power to end this...just edit your post... get rid of that link...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> This photo....where the hell did he get that????? It shows what kind of a sick boy he is. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

alas, the motivation for keeping it going.... it just part of the ongoing war...

unaslob

Corsa Sport exhaust(offroad 'tip'), Gobi rack w/ lights & w/roof mounted tire w/ ladder, Warn Winch with rear power, Dual Wolo Airhorns w/ lanyard valve, Hadley Aircompressor 130PSI, 14" airtank, front and rear quick disconnects for air, Cobra 75 WX CB, Dual 4' Firestik fiberglass whips, front tinted windows, 7" Homer Simpson decal (teehee)!
Corsa Sport exhaust(offroad \'tip\'), Gobi rack w/ lights & w/roof mounted tire w/ ladder, Warn Winch with rear power, Dual Wolo Airhorns w/ lanyard valve, Hadley Aircompressor 130PSI, 14\" airtank, front and rear quick disconnects for air, Cobra 75 WX
Old 11-22-2003, 06:34 AM

unaslob is off the scale

btw--- buckeye... nice pics... would have loved to see an h2 there... rocks would have been a bit tough on that last pic... love seeing hummers with the elements!

unaslob