H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 10-17-2009, 01:49 PM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point
Default For those with superchargers, how are you cooling your trans?

When I installed a supercharger on my '03 SUV, I went by route of an aluminium radiator. I ran the cooling lines for the trans through the radiator and then through a very thick (good for 28K lb truck) trans cooler with a fan.

I mounted the fan under the truck but over the protective grid. I never had a problem with overheating but the tranny did.

On my '06 SUT, I installed the supercharger and used the stock radiator. I don't have a problem with the stock radiator, I think it's cooling capacity is fine. What I do have a problem with is the bullshiet way GM runs the cooling lines for the tranny through the radiator.

Having said that, I left the stock radiator in the truck but disconnected the cooling lines for the tranny.

The cooling lines go directly to the same setup I had on my '03 SUT.... that being, just a tranny cooler.

During norman driving even in hot weather, the tranny temp runs 230'ish. During more of a heated drive (ie. towing, hills, beating on the truck) the tranny temps get closer to 250.

So, how are you guys with superchargers keeping your tranny cool. I'd really like another idea. I think mounting a cooler up front behind the grille is just a bad idea.... there are so many "coolers" there now, it's ridiculous and I don't want to use the stock radiator cooling lines.

I do have an aluminum radiator at the shop but never installed it just because the stock one works fine (minus the trans)

Ideas?

Thanks,

Mark
Old 10-20-2009, 12:11 AM
Hummer Professional

H2 Bill is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: For those with superchargers, how are you cooling your trans?

I was having the same problems as you and went to the aluminum radiator with the external cooler for the trans and it is mounted upfront so the air goes through it first.
1970 Trans Am balanced, blueprinted, ceramic headers, etc.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:24 AM
Hummer Veteran

KANE is on a distinguished road
Default Re: For those with superchargers, how are you cooling your trans?

I've got just over 11k and mine is dead stock & runs consistantly 200...except when I tow. I just changed out the stock Servo to the Vette Servo and I swear it runs a bit cooler???? Plus it really firmed the 1-2 shift....would definitely reccomend this upgrade.