H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 09-21-2014, 08:25 AM
Hummer Veteran

baldfox is on a distinguished road
Default New '08 H2 SUV owner / question on radio

Hi guys, first off wanted to say hi to everyone. I just collected my first hummer yesterday (2008 black SUV). Am really pleased with it, 18km on the clock, so in great condition. Been looking through all the forums etc, but just one question re the headunit (it's standard but non nav) it's got bluetooth button/connect to phone on the steering wheel ? does that mean there's bluetooth on the radio or an OPTION to have it if i purchase the required module ?! I can't find for the life of me how to set it up to speak to the phone if it does have (car didnt have the instruction book).

I fancy swapping out the headunit anyway for a later model GM nav unit if it would fit. So far i keep seeing cheap ones on ebay that look like they come from the far east. Anyone know the official maker of these or a good factory unit that I could get that has all the goodies on it ? I'd like to keep the rear camera (integrates to the mirror) and the rear roof DVD player, so not sure if these are simple connections or not?

if they are simple, then maybe I'll swap it out for one of those new pioneer headunits, They even accept hdmi in, so could get a raspberry pi in there and have XBMC in the rig. Not sure.

Hope everyone is well, thanks.
Old 09-21-2014, 02:20 PM
Hummer Authority

Easy Ed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New '08 H2 SUV owner / question on radio

By instruction book do you mean the owners manual ? It can be found here http://www.hummer.com/content/dam/hu...ers-manual.pdf

(Just a thought, but the button if it looks like the one on page 3-116 may be OnStar related ?)

Hope it helps, Ed
Old 09-21-2014, 02:26 PM
Hummer Veteran

citiboy is on a distinguished road

Welcome to Elcova Forums and congrats on your new awesome truck.

The call/answer button that you see on the steering wheel is for the Onstar only. 08 H2 doesn't have bluetooth only the 09 model.

I replaced my original radio with oem nav radio (p/n 25846421) came directly from an 08 H2. I also installed gps antenna (p/n 25918632). I have to run a VSS wire and voice wires from the Bose amplifier so i can hear the turn by turn navigation and also for the voice command. I turned off the rearview mirror pop-up camera 'coz i prefer to use the bigger screen on the nav radio. I also can watch videos from the driver seat while in park.

If i have to do it again i will go with the harddisk oem navigation
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-2013-CH...15a83b&vxp=mtr

I don't need a bluetooth with my set-up as i have a subscriptions with OnStar with cellular line (my H2 has it's own phone number).

If you want bluetooth with oem navigation, you have to replace the VCIM module with bluetooth from an 09 H2, '11 Cadillac CTS or Chevy/GMC trucks.

Hope this helps!

Toyo MT 38x13.50x18 on Rockstar. Green keys. 2" rear spacers. 1" bodylift. Cognito UCA, steering bracket, front stab links. Bilstein 5100 shocks & steering stab. Moog inner/outer TR, pitman, idler arm & bracket with remote zerk. E&G Classics fender flares. ARP 434-1301 ex. man. stud kit. Airaid perf. air filter. Crown brake lines. Warn PowerPlant HD. Rubberduck UCP. Gobi Ranger roof rack. DDM Tuning 55W HID Hi/Lo headlights. Hella fogs. Evans waterless coolant.
Old 09-21-2014, 06:32 PM
Hummer Veteran

baldfox is on a distinguished road

Wow thanks so much for the advice guys, I'll check out the manual. That ebay link above was just what I was looking for, but one thing, and this is a potential show stopper, I am actually living in Moscow Russia. Do you think this GM unit would have Russian Nav maps etc ? I'll try and search over the next few days. They sell GM vehicles here from new, so I would hope so !
Old 10-15-2014, 01:44 PM
Hummer Veteran

KTM640Dakar is on a distinguished road

The factory phone only works with onstar.