H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 09-18-2005, 05:59 PM

MIZZOU H2 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">To further answer this question, there will be no paddle shift on any C6, unless it is a last minute added option. If you have a question about the C6 ask me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

According to the GM website and edmunds.com there is a paddle shift option for the 2006 C6.
check out the standard/options.

http://www.chevrolet.com/corvette/features/
Old 09-18-2005, 06:07 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Paddle shifters are for Euro sissies.
Attached Images

Old 09-18-2005, 06:25 PM

4churchill is off the scale

To the best of my knowledge we have ordered a C6 with paddle shifters...I don't think a manual driver will switch, but someone who usually drives an auto would like it

www.HUMMERNut.net
Old 09-18-2005, 06:45 PM

Timster is off the scale

Being a huge Corvette fan and owner. I was going to buy a new 06 C6, but GM pushed out the 06 production date to late Sept instead of early July. I couldn't wait. That's one of the reasons I bought the 05 645. I drove the 645 with SMG and hated the way it shifted, lift foot off gas, shift, wait, wait, wait, then the car would decide to shift. The 645 auto-manual is right there when you want it. Lots of fun to drive.
Just my 2 cents worth,
Tim
Old 09-18-2005, 09:51 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

I wonder when TAZ will be putting paddle shiffters on the H2?
Old 09-18-2005, 11:07 PM

HummerJohn is off the scale

We couldn't wait for an 06 C6...picked up a new 05 on Friday night.

Paddle Shift would have been cool though. Another plus of the 06 is the XM antenna is hidden and not the big black wart that we have now. I'd rather have Sirius too. Eh, oh well. I'm still happy with this one!
Attached Images

Old 09-19-2005, 12:06 AM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummerJohn:
We couldn't wait for an 06 C6...picked up a new 05 on Friday night.

Paddle Shift would have been cool though. Another plus of the 06 is the XM antenna is hidden and not the big black wart that we have now. I'd rather have Sirius too. Eh, oh well. I'm still happy with this one! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

VERY SWEET!
Old 09-19-2005, 12:31 AM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm liking the Z51 performance package option.
Old 09-19-2005, 01:22 AM
Hummer Messiah

I just checked the Chevy site and they finally have the Z06 available.
http://www.chevrolet.com/corvette/
Old 09-19-2005, 01:26 AM
Hummer Expert

W1N is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DRTYFN:
With Michael as in part of the team or as in competition? I can't hardly watch F1 this year because of all of the handicapping that's gone on to help the poorer teams. F1 has always been the pinnacle of all racing... now it's barely better than Indy or NASCAR. Ecclestone is killing F1. Can't wait to see the teams start their own league after this contract is up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He reced back in the days, not reacently. I think that was in F3000 class. Agree with you all of the above, Ferrari has a deal with Ecclestone for too long though. However I have to give it to Raikkonen (McLaren). He has been way faster than anybody else this year. Too bad they got his equioment reliable enough too late.
Old 09-19-2005, 01:47 AM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by W1N:
However I have to give it to Raikkonen (McLaren). He has been way faster than anybody else this year. Too bad they got his equioment reliable enough too late. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahhhh... and he'll soon be dressed in <span class="ev_code_RED">RED!!!</span>
Old 09-19-2005, 02:34 AM

HummerJohn is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by h2co-pilot:
I'm liking the Z51 performance package option. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We got the Z51. Nice bigger rotors and cooler tires. It definitely grips a lot better than the C5. It's harder to get the tires to break loose when spinning donuts in the parking lots.
Old 09-19-2005, 03:40 AM
Hummer Expert

W1N is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DRTYFN:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by W1N:
However I have to give it to Raikkonen (McLaren). He has been way faster than anybody else this year. Too bad they got his equioment reliable enough too late. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahhhh... and he'll soon be dressed in <span class="ev_code_RED">RED!!!</span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We all hope so!!! It is the only team that can do the tactics. Those damn Brits can't keep their focus together at McLaren's. It is going to take always a great driver to even get close to the top (look at Mr. Hakkinen, my personal favourite. Btw, my girlfriend's cousin is their best friend ). But at the Team Renault, they got two suck ass drivers and they are kicking butt...
Old 09-19-2005, 08:19 AM
Hummer Veteran

HummerH2 is off the scale

The Z06 is not yet available. If you want one you should put it on order because there is limited production and a sticker of around 70k for one thats fully loaded
Old 09-19-2005, 12:39 PM
Hummer Veteran

CLAYDOG is off the scale

Old 09-19-2005, 09:25 PM

MIZZOU H2 is off the scale

looks available to me..... i like it!!!
Old 09-20-2005, 02:35 AM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CLAYDOG:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hate you.
You know I'm going to have to beat you with my shoe.

MORE
PICS
NOW!!!!
Old 09-20-2005, 02:47 AM
Hummer Expert

Orbital H2 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CLAYDOG:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hate you.
You know I'm going to have to beat you with my shoe.

MORE
PICS
NOW!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
but he has one of those PT cruiser thingies, that subtracts from any good he has ever done in his life
Old 12-19-2005, 09:44 AM
Hummer Expert

W1N is off the scale

Ahhhh... and he'll soon be dressed in <span class="ev_code_RED">RED!!!</span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are most likely very much right. Fernando Alonso (Currently Renault) has just signed with McLaren starting 2007. I know Kimi doesn't have a deal with McLaren past 2006 season and he's definately going to sign with real contender.

btw, Kimi is building his own kick ass SUT (lift,SC etc etc)
Old 12-20-2005, 05:12 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Hey Timster I resemble that remark. I'm changing allot of stuff but, do not think I could swallow the paddle shifters. Not sure yet what i think about them on the Vette. It is a situation where surely it will benefit some in a real down to earth way. But, when it comes to the Vette it needs to be 6 on a stick and stick changed out to a short throw shifter. In fact would not mind an inline shifter to just click Your way up on a legal race track not on the streets. Inlines can give You just enough edge to win. Ran one on a 1968 Mustang coupe that was ported, polished and blue printed with a block setup that was one of the last 2 left in the Ford warehouse while Gapp and Rousch was still with Ford. Friend found them so We jumped on them. It had all the inner race guts with it and I never could rev it enough to hurt it, especailly on the line with line lock. I guess that is why I guess the Vette should be a stick. If nothing else for the good old days and the background of running high HP cars with stick not automatic like paddels. But, the paddlers may serve a real good purpose just not read up on them enough. I'd drive it though if it did have them most likely would not take the fun out of it.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges