H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 10-20-2007, 01:39 AM
Hummer Veteran

OffRoadin is on a distinguished road
Default Warranty question

Ok so I called the dealer and let them know that the chrome on the spare tire is peeling off (never been off the carrier) So they tell me to bring it in so they can take a look at it, but I have to bring the whole car. Not a big deal... So when I get there they say it's a cosmetic issue and they won't replace under warranty?

But didn't I kind of explain that the chrome was peeling off. I didn't say that it wasn't useable. So now what they are saying is since I bought it used and not from them they don't have to replace under warranty and that it's the responsibility of the dealership where I bought it (but the place I bought it from isn't a Hummer dealership).

So my question is shouldn't they replace under warranty regardless if I bought it from them or if I'm the 1st or 100th owner... It's still in warranty.

http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=34096
Old 10-20-2007, 03:02 AM
Hummer Professional

dkhummerh2 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Warranty question

I would imagine so. I am sure that a few of the members here will let you know what to do. I don't know any of the Hummer uppers, but from what I have read on numerous forums, you should be able to make some calls and get it covered. Search the threads, there are similar people going through bs about the leather. I would imagine that if you try hard enough, you will get it replaced.
I don't think I really helped, besides maybe helping you avoid paying for it right now! Probably a $300+ fix if you pay.
thanks
dk
Old 10-20-2007, 11:39 AM
Hummer Veteran

I read the leather thread and that worries me... I have about 8 months left on the OEM warranty. This dealership was just so convenient because it's on the way to/from work... So I don't have to drive out of my way. But it really seems like I have to.

As far as paying for it... Nope that I will not do. Besides the only reason why I want this fixed is because I know I'm going to sell the stock set and I kow I will get more $$$ if all five are in great condition, as opposed to 4 in great condition and one that's peeling.

Old 10-20-2007, 05:54 PM
Hummer Professional

What is the name of the dealership? I haven't had a problem with my Hummer yet, but it worries me as well.
Old 10-20-2007, 06:21 PM
Hummer Veteran

Weil in Liberyville, IL

Old 10-20-2007, 07:56 PM
Hummer Professional

My closest dealership is 155 miles away. Stick to your guns and let us know how it goes.
best of luck
dk
Old 10-22-2007, 07:39 AM
Hummer Veteran

finall is on a distinguished road

Dealer is obligated to replace wheel. It is under warranty, for paint or chrome. Ditto if your vehicle paint peels. Same situation. Get them to replace it. It costs them nothing. In fact, they make $$ for the service from the factory.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:24 AM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by finall
Dealer is obligated to replace wheel. It is under warranty, for paint or chrome. Ditto if your vehicle paint peels. Same situation. Get them to replace it. It costs them nothing. In fact, they make $$ for the service from the factory.
Exactly. That is why I am wondering why I am seeing all these threads where the dealership is refusing coverage. I guess they probably make alot more money if you pay out of pocket, then if Hummer Corp foots the bill.
dk
Old 10-23-2007, 04:34 PM
Hummer Guru

Agriv8r is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkhummerh2
Exactly. That is why I am wondering why I am seeing all these threads where the dealership is refusing coverage. I guess they probably make alot more money if you pay out of pocket, then if Hummer Corp foots the bill.
dk

the warranty does not automatically cover anything thats wrong..if you read about the paint for instance (although you have already been given advice about this) the paint defects are normally corrected through the delivery process, it also says there is a limit 12 months, 12,000 miles...we have a few "leather issues" but they are usually wear and tear, sliding in and out of the car and wearing out the material...as far as not costing anything, the way it really works is the dealer makes sure your warranty is still in effect, writes up the work to be done and submitts it to gm, if they accept it great, if they dont someone has to pay....so I am not saying you are not covered, i am saying certain things may not be covered for various reasons...
Old 10-23-2007, 04:34 PM
Hummer Guru

Agriv8r is an unknown quantity at this point

ok, i said it, so lets see what you got....i know its going to happen...
Old 10-23-2007, 11:29 PM
Hummer Guru

3Hummer is on a distinguished road

okay, several things .... loose the chrome!!! okay but in all seriousness if they really wont cover it and its really taht expensive i see you have the spare tire soft cover... so whats the difference i mean wwhen was the last time your tire was out on the actual car, usually if you ever have to use it its on your car for like 2 days. See what you can get for it the way it is and seeif it would be more cost benificial to get it fixed or not. And is it on the center cap, if so just change the center cap! And i cant bielve they wouldnt cover this under warranty.

2003 H1 HMCS: Ocean Blue Metallic, Grey Leather Interior

2010 H3 Alpha: Canyon Metallic, Cashmere Interior

2017 VW Jetta S

2012 Cessna 182T Skylane

used to have: 2007 base H3 Slate Blue

/''T''|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**"\)_)
Old 10-24-2007, 12:13 AM
Hummer Veteran

hummerpartsman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agriv8r
the warranty does not automatically cover anything thats wrong.. the way it really works is the dealer makes sure your warranty is still in effect, writes up the work to be done and submitts it to gm, if they accept it great, if they dont someone has to pay....so I am not saying you are not covered, i am saying certain things may not be covered for various reasons...

YOU SAID THAT GREAT!!! DEALERSHIPS EAT A LOT OF REPAIRS THAT ARE NOT COVERED TO MAKE THAT OWNER HAPPY. WHEELS ARE THE BIGGEST CHARGE BACK FOR DEALERS.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:20 AM
Hummer Veteran

I am loosing the chrome!!! And that's exactly the reason I need this replaced. I plan on selling off the stock wheels/tires as soon as my new set comes in, and I very sure that I will get more $$$ if all 5 wheels are intact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Hummer
okay, several things .... loose the chrome!!! okay but in all seriousness if they really wont cover it and its really taht expensive i see you have the spare tire soft cover... so whats the difference i mean wwhen was the last time your tire was out on the actual car, usually if you ever have to use it its on your car for like 2 days. See what you can get for it the way it is and seeif it would be more cost benificial to get it fixed or not. And is it on the center cap, if so just change the center cap! And i cant bielve they wouldnt cover this under warranty.