H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 03-26-2005, 04:07 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Shaggy, don't leave, just change your screen name. Our Shaggy has worked hard and taken loads of **** and has earned recognition as our lovable coat hanger-looking, mop-headed, mooching, deluded hippie with a lingering question about his true sexuality.

Do you want to be associated with that rep?

Just change your name. We need another Jeeper to tease and make our wheeling beer bitch.
Old 03-26-2005, 04:19 PM

beachinJeeper is off the scale

Well, except for the last part,about true sexuality, you have described me to a T. Me, don't believe in changing screen names from site to site, because, I is what I is, and if someone reads my posts anywhere, well, I would prefer it be as shaggy, small S.

Now, if I have to, before the moderator closes me, maybe he can change my screen name here to Jeepster or something so all know I am the "black sheep" of the Hummer family, and give me a nice little picture (preferably a Jeep, because it is a Jeep thing), but can't in good conscious, do it myself, and don't know how to make the little ol' pictures.

But, believe it or not, want to get along and play by the rules, so maybe throw some suggestions, and we can have ya'll vote on the final choice.

Have Jeep will travel

Oh yeah, Hummers or not, you guys and gals are okay in my book
Old 03-26-2005, 05:04 PM
Banned

tower is an unknown quantity at this point

Shag,

Just change you screen name or open a new account as shaggy jeep (shabby jeep? shabby cheap? the other shaggy? the smarter shaggy? you get the idea) or something like that. We'll knkow who you are. Drop the concern about being blocked. If we have tolerated Hummoron for this long, we're certainly not going to cut you.

As far as not having seconds reported on the coordinates, that is another specious arguement. The coordinates given peg the location about 1/4 mile off shore. At that point, you call the boats and choppers out. You do not decide that this very specific location "might be far enough off to be somewhere on shore, so let's not initiate the ICS. No one even TRIED using the coordinates to get a location that night. This is just more after the fact BS in an attempt to cover behinds.
Old 03-27-2005, 02:48 PM

Okay, with the advice of legal council, and the desire to some, name changed. As the Rolling Stones once sang "please allow me to introduce myself"

shaggy is now beachinJeeper, and wishes all a Happy Holiday (and don't mean to offend those of differring beliefs).

Still would like to get more facts out into the open and to the public, and maybe one day they will.

Still looking to see if I can find out if vehicle was in the Federal or State portion of the Island, could answer some questions, maybe not many, but

Have Jeep will travel
Old 03-27-2005, 03:20 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Who are you and why are you here?
Old 03-27-2005, 06:03 PM

Linda is off the scale

Somone asked about the recovery of the"black box" (dont know if thats really what it is called or not on a Hummer)... but I have found out that they did. It shows the time of the accident the speed at the time of the accident (15 mph) and that the airbags WHERE employed. That is all the further info that I was told. Just thought I would pass that on to those that were asking.

Have a wonderful Easter.
-Linda
Old 03-27-2005, 08:18 PM

Linda,

Just curious. Do you know if the vehicle was recovered in the State Park area of the Island or the National Park area?

If he was only going 15mph, and have no reason to doubt this as factual, then they hit an oceanside sand cliff (which have seen 3' and larger), which probably was seen too late, and maybe an attempt at overcorrecting, or not seen at all.

Again my condolences to all the family and friends of these two young people.

The deignated beer bitch, and the other ex-shaggy (make mine a Bud Light)

Have Jeep will travel
Old 03-27-2005, 08:31 PM
Hummer Messiah

Quote:
Originally posted by Linda:
Somone asked about...balh blah blah...
...blah blah blah...Easter.
-Linda

Ok, great. You can go now.
Old 03-27-2005, 09:45 PM

Okay, don't know the factuality, if that is a word, but get my drift, or the accuracy, but here is a post from another site, and unfamiliar with OnStar, well those that are may be able to shed light....

"When a vehicle equipped with Onstar receives a "hit" hard enough to deploy the airbags,the Onstar system in the vehicle automatically sends an emergency message to Onstar and the operators call to ask if the occupants are ok. That is the origination of the 911 call in the beach fatalities on Assateague. The vehicle was upside down according to the report. It is my belief that the antenna for Onstar is located in the roof of the vehicles. Upside down in salt water it is not very effective. The prohibited area on Assateague might be there because there is unexploded ordinance in that area. Those "mapping" programs aren't accurate once off the roads.FYI"

Like said, I don't know anything about this aspect, so chime in and straighten me out.

Have Jeep will travel
Old 03-28-2005, 03:29 AM

crystalstarkey is off the scale

adams hummer did have a blackbox. i dont know if im aloud to tell details because of the investigation and stuff. but i will tell you guys that his black box proved to us that he was going slow. just thought you guys might want to know.
Old 03-28-2005, 04:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
1. It is my belief that the antenna for Onstar is located in the roof of the vehicles. Upside down in salt water it is not very effective.

2. Those "mapping" programs aren't accurate once off the roads.FYI"

3. Like said, I don't know anything about this aspect

BJ, lay off the ganja, buddy.

1. Electromagnetic radiation doesn’t give 2 ****s about what you believe is effective! Upside down and immersed in saltwater, OnStar got the coordinates and reported them to the authorities.

2. Those mapping programs ARE DESIGNED to zero in on locations without the use of landmarks (roads). FYI!

3. Self evident. Pretty well covers your 1 & 2.

Peace, t~
Old 03-28-2005, 05:21 PM

crystalstarkey is off the scale

The blackbox did not say he was going 15 mph, however, that was very close. My uncle was saying just the other day that that information may not help us because he could have hydroplaned his hummer, which could have made the blackbox say he was going slow. Just thought you might want to know.
Old 03-28-2005, 07:35 PM
Hummer Messiah

Ok, you can let this thread go away now.
Old 03-31-2005, 06:19 PM

Robert Larick is off the scale

This will be my first and last reply.

I feel compelled to post because I am the probably the most experienced of anyone with Assateague Island and Hummers. I own both an '99 H1 & '03 H2, I have actively, frequently fish AI (Assateague Island) for the last 6 years using the H1 as my "beach buggy". I use the H2 when I have an overflow of guests. Both Hummers are AI Park permitted.

I have traveled the entire island in all types of weather conditions including snow. I have been trapped by high tides from the Nor'easters that blow here. I have swerved around the items that wash up including a whale! I have carefully found my way over the sand cliffs and high tide washes that frequently form. I have driven into holes left unfilled from kids trying to dig to China. I have traveled that desolate dark island in sleepless stupors and in influenced states.

I have stood the H1 on its nose, jammed feet of wet sand in through the windows, buried it to its running boards. I have also put the h2 on very similar precarious angles both intentionally and accidently. Want to see the repair bills?

The death of 2 young people on that Island is a sobering event and very unfortunate for the families and emergency services related to the incident. I have learned something.

After reading 8 pages of posts, my thoughts are to those who 4-wheel and to those who rescue. I can assure everyone that the accident was due to carelessness and recklessness, plain and simple. No different than a drunk driver who runs off the road. As heartless as it sounds, I believe that if you are going to attempt extreme adventures, then there are rules to follow... If you don't. You play, you pay.

I hope that everyone here on this board learns, thinks and is reinforced about the obvious, that 4-wheeling is inherently dangerous. Don't ever rely on rescue services to save you! Only rely on your common sense, please! There are too many reasons, for me to list here of what I speculate to have happened. As an Hummer and AI expert, I can plainly see the sequence of events that occured and why. However, whatever specifically happened, my sympathy stops short with my condolences.

I come away with this story (and I hope that others do too) that we should never hold the park service people to be held responsible, never hold them into some type of culpability or liability for the lose of those lives in that situation. I am very said for the loss of 2 young people just having "fun", however I am encouraged to use this as an example and lesson to my 10 & 11 yr. old boys, in hopes that they maintain common sense at all times.

Never ever drive or ride unprepared for the worse, in dark or desolate or unfamiliar or illegal areas with out the buddy system, unless you have a death wish.
Old 03-31-2005, 06:44 PM
Banned

All well and good for you, but it still doesn't absolve the rangers of negligence.
Old 03-31-2005, 08:32 PM
Hummer Expert

Marcmedic is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Don't ever rely on rescue services to save you!

I guess you must love paying taxes to support a service that you don't count on to do their jobs.
Old 03-31-2005, 08:41 PM
Hummer Guru

Klaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by Marcmedic:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Don't ever rely on rescue services to save you!

I guess you must love paying taxes to support a service that you don't count on to do their jobs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bingo! I couldn't agree more with Marc's posts on this subject.
Old 03-31-2005, 08:44 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Makes you feel pretty darned appreciated, doesn't it Marc and Tower.

I guess no one should be held responsible for doing their jobs, especially those that are paid with our tax money.
Old 03-31-2005, 09:07 PM
Banned

Paragon,

For Marc and myself, thank you. It really get's my back up when people make excuses for irresponsible emergency personnel. There are so many of us working hard to do our jobs responsibly. I feel like that’s lumping us all into one category and it makes me feel slimy. Ours is a business where not doing you job can cost lives. But not telling the truth will continue to cost even more.

Sorry for the rant. Thank you, again.
Old 04-02-2005, 07:46 PM

4atthebeach is off the scale

After reading this thread and the last couple of posts I must respond to Tower and Marcmedic.
I see you throwing around words like negligence and incompintence, too lazy to do their job. From your posts Tower,Iam going to assume...something I fear you may have done a lot of,you were 3,000+ miles away from this tragic accident, Marcmedic I do not know where you were. As for me I was asleep in a warm bed. I did not have the information or lack of information that the rangers had. I was not out there planning, searching, or trying to find these people. So how can I evaluate the performance of these people...I can not and I will not. At least not from an internet site where anyone can post and portray to be whomever they choose. Not from the popular media either whose main drive is to sell papers. I too have been involved in EMS and Search and Rescue as a volunteer and proffesional for over 25 years. I have worked an incident, read the report in the paper and not even realized it was the same accident. Be the rescue proffesional you claim to be. If you have hard facts bring them out lets discuss it. It does not help anyone to arm chair quaterback an incident without the true facts. By the way if the media or internet ever starts blaming you, don't worry I've got your back. At least until there is some hard evidence to the contrary and there is documented action taken against you.

Keep those tips up