H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 09-29-2005, 02:24 PM
Hummer Deity

Fubar is an unknown quantity at this point

Is there an award for the most dumb ass, most F'd, Pathetic Hummer dealership in the country? No.. Well there should be. Towbin Hummer in Las Vegas Nevada would get my vote...

As some of you know my truck has been at the dealership for 7 weeks now. For the first 4 weeks the truck sat on there back lot with absolutely nothing being done or investigated as to why the truck was over heating. Summer came and went and now they can't duplicate the trouble...

Thanks to great advice from members of this forum I started making phone calls to the people and companies I was being instructed to contact in an effort to find a solution for the truck over heating.

Company, after company possible solution after solution were tossed aside with the explanation that that will never work or that will only get you 5 degrees by Towbin Hummers GM master mechanic.

I finally get pissed enough to contact Hummer Corporate office and gee go figure things actually started happening. No solution but at least work was being done in the field of investigating the problem and possible cures.

So I finally get numb nuts (The GM master Mech) to look into the possibilities of installing the fans out of the GM HD 2500 series p/u truck. Well that requires a different wiring harness and programming to the trucks pcm.

So I provide them with a company ( Nelson Performance courtesy of Taz) that makes the harness and will do any necessary programming to the trucks Pcm. Ok I'm thinking great I have Nelson talking to Towbin. Mind you threw all of this there has never been one telephone call from Towbin Hummer to me. I find out my info by driving 20+ miles to the dealership once a week and banging on the management's door. So last Friday I'm told that my Pcm has been sent out to Nelson for programming and that Towbin has ordered the wiring harness and that everything should be ready to go Wednesday 9-28 possibly Thrusday (today).

To my amazement I just got a telephone call from Towbin (8:30a.m) and I'm thinking as I see there name and number pop up on caller id that "great I"m going to get my truck back". Annnnnt , NOT, WRONG, TRY AGAIN... They are calling to say that they sent out a pcm, just a generic pcm from another truck or a unit off the shelf to Nelson not thinking about the FACT THAT I HAVE A SUPER CHARGER on my truck. So the pcm comes back from Nelson Performance and guess what they can't install it because there would be no programing to control the super charger... So now they are going to pull my pcm and send it back out to Nelson Performance. When I suggested sending the pcm with the fan programing to Magna Charger the phone got real quiet.. No response just a change of topic and another empty promise to get my truck back to me as soon as possible.

As a side note to illustrate time frame. I had told Towbin 5 weeks ago that I was leaving for Moab on 9-30-05 so they have been promising me all along you'll have your truck back before you leave for your trip. Threw all of this they have never once offered me a loaner truck for daily get around town stuff. (yes I have another truck to drive so its not like I'm stuck in the house but that is not the point)

So here we are on the eve of my trip (which actually isn't until next week but they don't need to know that) and they make there first phone call to me to notify me that my truck will not be ready until some time next week... I can't begin to explain how pissed I am.

I have contacted an attorney but I'm being told there really isn't much they are going to be able to do. Personally I think after my Moab trip I'll find a new attorney.

So you might be thinking ya so he's been inconvenienced, he'll have his truck back in time for his Moab trip. That is not the point and if past actions are any judge, NO I will not have my truck by next Friday when I actually do leave for Moab.

Thanks for listening.
Old 09-29-2005, 02:24 PM
Hummer Deity

Is there an award for the most dumb ass, most F'd, Pathetic Hummer dealership in the country? No.. Well there should be. Towbin Hummer in Las Vegas Nevada would get my vote...

As some of you know my truck has been at the dealership for 7 weeks now. For the first 4 weeks the truck sat on there back lot with absolutely nothing being done or investigated as to why the truck was over heating. Summer came and went and now they can't duplicate the trouble...

Thanks to great advice from members of this forum I started making phone calls to the people and companies I was being instructed to contact in an effort to find a solution for the truck over heating.

Company, after company possible solution after solution were tossed aside with the explanation that that will never work or that will only get you 5 degrees by Towbin Hummers GM master mechanic.

I finally get pissed enough to contact Hummer Corporate office and gee go figure things actually started happening. No solution but at least work was being done in the field of investigating the problem and possible cures.

So I finally get numb nuts (The GM master Mech) to look into the possibilities of installing the fans out of the GM HD 2500 series p/u truck. Well that requires a different wiring harness and programming to the trucks pcm.

So I provide them with a company ( Nelson Performance courtesy of Taz) that makes the harness and will do any necessary programming to the trucks Pcm. Ok I'm thinking great I have Nelson talking to Towbin. Mind you threw all of this there has never been one telephone call from Towbin Hummer to me. I find out my info by driving 20+ miles to the dealership once a week and banging on the management's door. So last Friday I'm told that my Pcm has been sent out to Nelson for programming and that Towbin has ordered the wiring harness and that everything should be ready to go Wednesday 9-28 possibly Thrusday (today).

To my amazement I just got a telephone call from Towbin (8:30a.m) and I'm thinking as I see there name and number pop up on caller id that "great I"m going to get my truck back". Annnnnt , NOT, WRONG, TRY AGAIN... They are calling to say that they sent out a pcm, just a generic pcm from another truck or a unit off the shelf to Nelson not thinking about the FACT THAT I HAVE A SUPER CHARGER on my truck. So the pcm comes back from Nelson Performance and guess what they can't install it because there would be no programing to control the super charger... So now they are going to pull my pcm and send it back out to Nelson Performance. When I suggested sending the pcm with the fan programing to Magna Charger the phone got real quiet.. No response just a change of topic and another empty promise to get my truck back to me as soon as possible.

As a side note to illustrate time frame. I had told Towbin 5 weeks ago that I was leaving for Moab on 9-30-05 so they have been promising me all along you'll have your truck back before you leave for your trip. Threw all of this they have never once offered me a loaner truck for daily get around town stuff. (yes I have another truck to drive so its not like I'm stuck in the house but that is not the point)

So here we are on the eve of my trip (which actually isn't until next week but they don't need to know that) and they make there first phone call to me to notify me that my truck will not be ready until some time next week... I can't begin to explain how pissed I am.

I have contacted an attorney but I'm being told there really isn't much they are going to be able to do. Personally I think after my Moab trip I'll find a new attorney.

So you might be thinking ya so he's been inconvenienced, he'll have his truck back in time for his Moab trip. That is not the point and if past actions are any judge, NO I will not have my truck by next Friday when I actually do leave for Moab.

Thanks for listening.
Old 09-29-2005, 02:46 PM
Hummer Professional

Efrain is off the scale

Fubar, you got company, read on:
NVRESCUE

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I recently brought our H1 into Los Gatos Hummer (408) 358-7070 for a Head Gasket Leak and also Cyclinder replacement. I had my military hitch, 4 expensive Department Of Homeland Security Two way radios stolen. What was found in back of the H1 was a mechanics rag (New) and a Shammy. Funny thing was my car was not detailed, why was a rag and shammy in back part of Hummer where my radios were. Work was poor. They took NO CARE in reconnecting my EXPENSIVE electronics back the way they were. Navigation Gyro unit was upside down and an angle, as an example. Please pass on the message and take my advise, STAY AWAY FROM SERVICE FROM THIS PLACE. BAD JUJU. They are ignoring me now and claimed they turned it into insurance and tried to pass liablity to me. They even left my vehicle unattended with no security cameras knowing the value of it. What is bad is that the loss is over 11K and we cannot afford to replace the items used for saving lives. Give them a call and tell them that they should own up to the responsibilty of there neglegence.

Laurence Kaplan </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It just sucks when sht like this happens!
Old 09-29-2005, 02:48 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Man Fubar, I can't imagine how pissed you must be. That is an absolute disgrace to Hummer. Don't know that it would make any difference but I would also consider calling the local news crews about them but that probably wouldn't give Hummer a good rep in the general publics eyes. I thought you were supposed to get a loaner for warranty work.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 09-29-2005, 02:55 PM
Hummer Deity

Can the group say "Class Action Law Suit"?

I know bitching isn't going to get anything done and with Towbin being the ONLY Hummer dealership in Southern Nevada I really can't afford to piss them off to badly. It sucks because they know they are the only game in town and that I can't take my business anywhere else. A regular GM Dealership will not touch the H2 especailly one with a supercharger.

thanks for the support.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Efrain:
Fubar, you got company, read on:
NVRESCUE

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I recently brought our H1 into Los Gatos Hummer (408) 358-7070 for a Head Gasket Leak and also Cyclinder replacement. I had my military hitch, 4 expensive Department Of Homeland Security Two way radios stolen. What was found in back of the H1 was a mechanics rag (New) and a Shammy. Funny thing was my car was not detailed, why was a rag and shammy in back part of Hummer where my radios were. Work was poor. They took NO CARE in reconnecting my EXPENSIVE electronics back the way they were. Navigation Gyro unit was upside down and an angle, as an example. Please pass on the message and take my advise, STAY AWAY FROM SERVICE FROM THIS PLACE. BAD JUJU. They are ignoring me now and claimed they turned it into insurance and tried to pass liablity to me. They even left my vehicle unattended with no security cameras knowing the value of it. What is bad is that the loss is over 11K and we cannot afford to replace the items used for saving lives. Give them a call and tell them that they should own up to the responsibilty of there neglegence.

Laurence Kaplan </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It just sucks when sht like this happens! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 09-29-2005, 03:15 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

[quote]Originally posted by Fubar00:
... with Towbin being the ONLY Hummer dealership in Southern Nevada I really can't afford to piss them off to badly. It sucks because they know they are the only game in town and that I can't take my business anywhere else. [quote]

I truly believe this is a very bad problem for Hummer. I don't know about the service departments but many of the sales departments have a horrible "we don't need to work for your business" attitude. I have experienced it and have talked to many others who have too. If Hummer doesn't get this sh!t in order, they are going to have problems. More dealerships would help but your average city can't carry more than one maybe two Hummer dealers. I also think that Hummer should restrict dealership owners from cornering a market by owning all local dealerships if there is more than one. If they own all local dealerships, then nothing is solved.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 09-29-2005, 03:20 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Stop being a princess!

Isn't Towbin called a Chop Shop? I've nothing but bad stuff about them.

Yes, this is mine and Dan's site, but put the info here: Dealerscene

More people need to know about them.

Here's a great link for more people that have gotten the shaft from them: http://www.choppercarsfraud.com/
Old 09-29-2005, 03:33 PM
Hummer Deity

ahh thank you for the support?
Princess? WTF ?

Open up another dealership in town and I'll gladly go give it a try. Or find me a local shop that will still be in operation in 6 months and I'd be open to taking my business elsewhere. The problem in this town is you get some yahooo who wins a grip of money playing some game then opens a shop only to find out that "hey you have to work" to make a living. Go figure. I hate this place.

The Towbin family owns several auto dealerships here in town most without the Towbin name being advertised because of there ****y attitudes. No one would buy anything from them if they knew who the partent company was.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
Stop being a princess!

Isn't Towbin called a Chop Shop? I've nothing but bad stuff about them.

Yes, this is mine and Dan's site, but put the info here: Dealerscene

More people need to know about them.

Here's a great link for more people that have gotten the shaft from them: http://www.choppercarsfraud.com/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>