H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 10-02-2005, 06:06 PM
Hummer Veteran

dna is off the scale

Ah, I just bought a 2003 white H2 Lux model with air ride off ebay for 34.5k$. It has 17k miles, totally like new in every way, clear title and with extras such as brush guard w 7" lights, tail light covers, 3rd row seat, and external tire rack.

Can you please provide me opinions if this is a good deal. I have been shopping these for a few months, and I think for one loaded with this low of miles, that I got a steal. It has everything I wanted except extra chrome accessories and the dvd/tv, but these can be added later I guess.

Anyone have any statistics on how many were made in the different colors, or at least percentage by color? I want to know how common the white was compared to the black, pewter, yellow or orange (I think these were the only colors for 2003). Pewter and white were my favorites, but too many pewter ones around plus the name sounds stinky (PEW)
Old 10-02-2005, 06:06 PM
Hummer Veteran

dna is off the scale

Ah, I just bought a 2003 white H2 Lux model with air ride off ebay for 34.5k$. It has 17k miles, totally like new in every way, clear title and with extras such as brush guard w 7" lights, tail light covers, 3rd row seat, and external tire rack.

Can you please provide me opinions if this is a good deal. I have been shopping these for a few months, and I think for one loaded with this low of miles, that I got a steal. It has everything I wanted except extra chrome accessories and the dvd/tv, but these can be added later I guess.

Anyone have any statistics on how many were made in the different colors, or at least percentage by color? I want to know how common the white was compared to the black, pewter, yellow or orange (I think these were the only colors for 2003). Pewter and white were my favorites, but too many pewter ones around plus the name sounds stinky (PEW)
Old 10-02-2005, 06:14 PM
Hummer Veteran

dna is off the scale

Oh yah, I forgot to mention it also has flowmaster exhaust and ram air under the hood. Below is the link if anyone wants to see it.

my H2
Old 10-02-2005, 06:40 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dna:
... too many pewter ones around plus the name sounds stinky (PEW) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That's some funny stuff right there.

If you're happy with it, then it's a good deal. Congrats on your purchase.
Old 10-02-2005, 09:51 PM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone else notice that pewter is just chrome that needs a buff?
Old 10-02-2005, 11:43 PM
Hummer Professional

aggiehummer...er is off the scale

If it is what the seller claims, that's a great deal.
Old 10-02-2005, 11:56 PM
Hummer Professional

mbdougl is off the scale

almost as nice as mine , what are the buttons on the overhead console? I'm at 44k miles and i looked up the kelley blue book which says 31K trade in to around 36K private party sale.

http://home.comcast.net/~mbdougl2/2003h2.htm
Old 10-02-2005, 11:59 PM
Hummer Authority

MovinH2 is off the scale

Nice Rig Congrat's. I think you got a pretty good deal.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:03 AM
Hummer Authority

MovinH2 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">what are the buttons on the overhead console? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was wondering that too.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:52 AM
Hummer Authority

MovinH2 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Sun roof controls? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahhhh probably.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:14 AM
Hummer Veteran

Field Rat is off the scale

That does not look like my sunroof. Is it aftermarket? Mine seems larger and the roof console is completely different. It may be different on the '03 than my '05.
\'05 H2 Stealth Gray SUV
Old 10-03-2005, 01:18 AM
Hummer Authority

MovinH2 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">That does not look like my sunroof. Is it aftermarket? Mine seems larger and the roof console is completely different. It may be different on the '03 than my '05. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Also have an 05', I think it's aftermarket.
Old 10-03-2005, 02:50 AM
Hummer Veteran

dna is off the scale

After your posts, I checked other pics of sunroofs from ebay. Mine does seem smaller so it does look aftermarket? Should I be concerned about that? I plan to pick it up in 5 days, so should I look for any specific things regarding this roof?

Do all Lux models come with a sunroof? The wholesaler that sold it told me he doesn't usually deal with Hummers and really did not know if it was the Lux model vs any other model. Though it does have all the Lux features (as per the Specifications section in this website) and has the air ride, so I guess it is the Lux model. Will the title have any info of it to confirm if it is a real Lux model? Does it realy matter if it has all the Lux features? Just trying to get details to eensure I am not being screwed here.

Thanks
Old 10-03-2005, 02:52 AM
Hummer Professional

HUMMERDOGG is an unknown quantity at this point

It is aftermarket.
Old 10-03-2005, 03:13 AM
Hummer Guru

dochummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hummerdogg is right. I have the exact same one. As long as you're aware it's aftermarket and don't care....then it doesn't matter. With mine....I didn't realize until after the purchase. I have a small rattle right above my head...coming from the sunroof frame...I hit it a couple of times and it goes away. My headliner is a little unlevel above the passenger seats (don't notice unless looking from the rear of vehicle. The sunvisor clips (in the headliner) were loose...got them replaced under warranty . With the window closed, the slider is pretty loose...so will move with stopping or going.. Check the door seals/molding...mine were sagging and I had it fixed under warranty. I can't have my sunroof partially open bcs it rattles like crazy. It has to be on full tilt or fully opened or closed. Looks like the overhead console is done better than mine...as far as the front piece next to the window goes....the area right above the console (front edge of sunroof)..mine didn't seem as crooked. That's about it. Haven't had any problems with the roof....I'm just a perfectionist and it pissed me off when I started noticing the irregularities...Just know that the dealer will NOT touch the roof if you ever have a problem. And the original roof warranty doesn't transfer to you...And as far as aftermarket warranties...when I looked, it didn't cover the aftermarket sunroof. Another concern...If you go with a GOBI rack...will it match up correctly?

Lastly...if you ever loose power from the battery - to reset the roof, pull the fuse (should be located in the vicinity of the other fuses), put it back in...cycle the roof full open and then close. That will reset the one-touch features.

If you ever have any issues with the headliner...make sure the dealer doesn't try and pull the whole thing down to replace. My brother has an 04 cherokee...the aftermarket sunroof was done so well that the dealer didn't even notice. Unfortunately the liner was sagging in the back, so the dealer decided to replace the whole thing....After about a week and trying to figure everything out...they had to send it to an upholsterer to re-cut a new opening...You can now tell that he has an aftermarket roof....

'03 H2
Old 10-03-2005, 03:14 AM
Hummer Guru

dochummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh, let me know hos the wind is without a wind deflector in front of the sunroof opening. I'm thinking about removing mine but don't know if it will make things worse....

'03 H2
Old 10-03-2005, 03:42 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dochummer:
Oh, let me know hos the wind is without a wind deflector in front of the sunroof opening. I'm thinking about removing mine but don't know if it will make things worse.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who you calling hoes?
Old 10-03-2005, 03:49 AM
Hummer Veteran

dna is off the scale

I haven't even gotten it yet, but starting to question the purchase based on this sunroof stuff (I just spent one hour reading posts about these after market ones).

I haven't paid yet and plan to pick up in 5 days (at which time I will pay). So bottom line, is 34.5k$ is good/great deal with these low miles and options (and aftermarket sunroof) or should I keep looking. If you suggest I keep looking, would you suggest I can argue that he did not disclose this (the aftermarket roof) in his ebay description? I know he stated it has tail light covers which I now know it doesn't, so I guess I could walk on this false statement, though he can always throw them on and then argue I am breaking a legal contract.

Thanks