Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > ETC. Forums > General Off Topic

Old 11-09-2007, 08:41 PM
Hummer Messiah

CO Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What do you guys think of this tire?

Anyone here use 'em?

http://www.offroaders.com/tech/AT-MT...perSSR_TSL.htm

BTW - That link above is a pretty sweet site for quickly accessing tire reviews.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:13 PM
Hummer Guru

BlueTJCO has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Re: What do you guys think of this tire?

everything I have heard about them is positive. Very sticky on the trail, very tough on the trail, but loud on the pavement and difficult to balance correctly. But really those are the same complaints I hear about every large aggresive tire over 33 inches...

Going with the less aggresive mudder from Super Swamper myself, the Trxxus mudder that Shaggy runs. Good all around tire for the winters out here and great on the trails and in the mudd....
Old 11-09-2007, 09:24 PM
Hummer Messiah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncricket
everything I have heard about them is positive. Very sticky on the trail, very tough on the trail, but loud on the pavement and difficult to balance correctly. But really those are the same complaints I hear about every large aggresive tire over 33 inches...

Going with the less aggresive mudder from Super Swamper myself, the Trxxus mudder that Shaggy runs. Good all around tire for the winters out here and great on the trails and in the mudd....

Are you talking about these?
http://www.offroaders.com/tech/AT-MT-Tires/TrXus_MT.htm

They have some pretty nasty reviews.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:33 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO Hummer
Are you talking about these?
http://www.offroaders.com/tech/AT-MT-Tires/TrXus_MT.htm

They have some pretty nasty reviews.

I know, people either love them or hate them. My good friend runs those in 33's on his TJ, and they have been amazing. They were much better than the BFG Mudders that I ran, and actually reminded me of my BFG AT's as far as the ride went.

I watched him walk Spring Creek with them, he has run Carnage Boulder a couple times, and various other moderate trails and the tires are not chunking, the are balancing good, and they are performing well.

He is on his second set of these, and both sets have performed flawlessly. I wanted them bad but the didn't make them in a 32 inch tire...

Everyone I've met in real life (not over the internet) that has owned those tires has had positive feedback on them. They come siped from the factory which is a plus out here (IMO) in Colorado and I have seen that they kick some ass out on the trails.

I'd be interested to see what Shaggy had to say about them........

hopefully he wouldn't blame his lack of wheeling skills or vehicle he's driving sway his outlook on the tire itself.........
Old 11-09-2007, 09:37 PM
Hummer Guru

whats funny is a lot of those reviews are talking about them being ****ty in Mudd..........and I watched them perform like magic a couple times in mudd, one time up at SH Gultch.

The tire DID NOT GUM UP WITH MUDD and it performed awesome......better than my BFG MT's did for sure.

...........and I'm a fan of the BFG tires who has no reason to talk these up for any personal satisfaction. I have just seen them kick some ass and hold up well in person, mucho times...

a little note about them being terrible on the street...........Almost every person I've seen that wheels them uses their rig for a daily driver and have been very happy. Lots of people buy them to look cool and want the ride of a ****ing Michelin street tire.............IMO

Last edited by BlueTJCO : 11-09-2007 at 09:39 PM.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:20 PM
Hummer Messiah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncricket
whats funny is a lot of those reviews are talking about them being ****ty in Mudd..........and I watched them perform like magic a couple times in mudd, one time up at SH Gultch.

The tire DID NOT GUM UP WITH MUDD and it performed awesome......better than my BFG MT's did for sure.

...........and I'm a fan of the BFG tires who has no reason to talk these up for any personal satisfaction. I have just seen them kick some ass and hold up well in person, mucho times...

a little note about them being terrible on the street...........Almost every person I've seen that wheels them uses their rig for a daily driver and have been very happy. Lots of people buy them to look cool and want the ride of a ****ing Michelin street tire.............IMO

Good Info, Moonie. Actually, I could care less about the mud performance of any tire. I have always hated, and will continue to hate, mud wheeling. I care about rocks and colorado type trails.

I'm still trying to figure out if the SSR TSL is really a good wheeling tire or not.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:21 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Re: What do you guys think of this tire?
I think they're black and knobby.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:41 PM
Hummer Messiah

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenP

Please keep your woodshed comments out of this thread. thanks.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:47 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO Hummer
Good Info, Moonie. Actually, I could care less about the mud performance of any tire. I have always hated, and will continue to hate, mud wheeling. I care about rocks and colorado type trails.

I'm still trying to figure out if the SSR TSL is really a good wheeling tire or not.

http://www.coloradok5.com/ssr.shtml

We ran Pritchett Canyon, a 4 rated trail with our new SSR's and really liked the off-road performance although they did not flex as much as we had hoped only aired down to 15 PSI, with 10 ply side walls we would have to air down a bit more for the extreme stuff. The following day we ran Lower Helldorado an even more extreme trail, to make matters more interesting it had snowed the day before leaving the trail covered with mud and slippery wet rocks, large ones. This time we aired down to 8 PSI and the SSR's really flexed well and conformed to the shape of the rocks like a glove. A few times our Blazer was perched a top a large rounded muddy rock in prime position to slide off but we never seemed to loose our grip. At the end of the trail there was a steep hill that had been covered with mud, mostly from the snow the night before, we got the tires spinning at a good RPM and drove all the way to the top without any problems.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:54 PM
Hummer Messiah

Wow!

I wonder if you need to run w/beadlocks to really be able to use these tires effectively. Seems like you really need a LOW psi to get them to flex properly. Hmmm.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:07 PM
Hummer Guru

After running Lower Helldorado and the highway miles we racked up including snow and rain we are convinced this has got to be one of the best if not the best all around tire on the market, excellent street manners to get you to the trail head and awesome off-road ability to get you back again. With Interco developing more and more 16" diameter off-road tires they truly are poised to cover the needs of many off-road enthusiasts. Please visit Interco's web site to find a size to fit your application. - Steve Fox
Old 11-09-2007, 11:45 PM
Hummer Authority

NewHummerGuy is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenP

Wait a minute now. Isnt that what Imus got fired for?????? Oh no. That was black and nappy

I'm Gonna crazy you my body
=================
Old 11-10-2007, 12:06 AM
Hummer Authority

ssgharkness020147 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've got them on my truck. They stick well on mud, do great in deep snow, and I've never had to air them down too much for traction. With that said; they wear like ****, hydroplane in the rain, as far as balance goes.... Well you can balance a brick but it aint gonna roll right. I'm going with IROKS in the very near future (pics will be posted). Another tire I would check out are the Dirt Grips, I had a set of those on the HMCO and they were a sweet set of meats. They were quiet, very well behaved on road, and very nice off road. QC does seem to be a problem for them from what I hear, but my set was great.

-007=
Old 04-09-2008, 07:58 PM
Hummer Veteran

rusty is off the scale

anyone use this on their H2 w/air susp???