H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 04-08-2008, 06:20 AM
Hummer Expert

Tex_h2 is on a distinguished road
Question Whats the Deal?

So are the tree huggers of the world winning or are all these H2 being sold for 2008/9 models.

225 H2's on Ebay. I don't understand it, do you??

Only 89 H3...
Old 04-08-2008, 01:35 PM
Hummer Professional

PaHumBug is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Whats the Deal?

The oil companies are winning. Gas is pricey and getting worse. All full size truck sales are down. I'll deal with it. You gotta pay to play!
Old 04-09-2008, 06:35 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Some love the rigs so much they really buy them and not really think about all the cost to operate. When it sets in or conditions change like they have they are forced to back out.

It makes it better for the ones who can afford the big boys toys. They find some real bargains. Do feel bad for the onesthat just bought at wrong time maybe.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 04-09-2008, 07:17 AM
Hummer Guru

Hmmm2 is on a distinguished road

Fuel prices. H2's just aren't being sold right now. I spoke to my salesman yesterday and our H2 was one of the last they had sold (huge dealer) .. and that was something like 6 weeks ago. We drove up to Pebble Beach last week for a week from LA .. stopped for gas along U.S.1 and paid $5.20 a gallon. It was the only gas station within something like 40 miles, so we put in $30.00. We found out later that it is the town with the highest fuel prices in the U.S. I love my H2 .. wouldn't trade it for anything else. However, I DO miss the better gas mileage I got on my H3.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:10 PM
Hummer Veteran

codeman671 is off the scale

I think the novelty of them is simply wearing off (as well as the gas prices being so ridiculous). I am on my second H2 and unless something spectacular changes in upcoming designs I don't think that I would buy another.

I had one of the very first ones off the line here in New England when they first came out and for a while it stood out on the street. Now I see 5-10 each day on the roads in my town, and Dover NH is not by any standard a large city. Quite small in fact...

As far as trade-in value they have none! I recently looked into trading my clean 05 Lux with 64k on it in towards a Super Duty or a Suburban and was receiving trade in values of $22-27k. I'd rather pour gas over my hood and watch it melt than to give it away for $22k!

You may see mine here for sale soon. I need something bigger, 2 kids, 4 dogs and a ton of gear every weekend when heading to the lake
Old 04-09-2008, 03:33 PM
Hummer Veteran

SummitUp is on a distinguished road

I purchased my '05 H2 early last summer from a private party who advertised on Craig's List. At that time about one or two H2 per week showed up for sale on Craig's List (Denver area). I just took a look, as of today there are no less than 30 H2's being advertised for sale on Craig's List going back 30 days!
Old 05-10-2008, 01:02 PM
Hummer Veteran

badss98 is on a distinguished road

Gas prices seem to be the biggest concern, and as earlier stated the h2 has always been perceived as the biggest consumer of gas, Almost every time i fillup i am asked about the gas mileage and it is the perception that this is whe worst one the road were i have friends that drive ram 1500s with the hemi and adverage 9-10 mpg consistantly.I also will deal with the price increase because i am so happy we purchased our h2. It rides like a cadillac,is as big as a bus and holds a commanding presence where ever we go.(attention hog my wife says). The lack of education of some, and the treehuggers constant attention to the single item has hurt the value but it wont be leaving my driveway anytime soon .If they dont like it then they better move over because i have worked my ass off to be in the position i am now and i will damm well drive whatever i want .h2 and proud

2007 h3 base,rear dvd,tinted windows,leveling kit,silver with painted stock wheels,carbon fiber hoodvent and lettering, Daily driver
Old 05-10-2008, 03:33 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerJim is an unknown quantity at this point

I went to look at the H3 and drove a slate blue H2 adventure package SUT home yesterday. I liked the extra room for hauling stuff in the H2 SUT and they are making great deals on H2s now. Luckily, I live near Lynch Hummer and these guys really know Hummers. I walked in at noon and drove out at 1:35 - the best sales experience I've ever had. No pressure, no ad ons, just lots of talk about Hummers and showing me all the features - the navigation system will take some more learning, but they very patient with me. While I was there another couple was looking at an H2.
I measured the garage before I left home and I had 80.7 inches of height clearance, so they had to take off the roof racks on the H2 for me to fit it in the garage...a small price to pay and not something I would probably use that much...the radio antenna on the other hand doesn't clear the door by about an inch but it whips back and forth without any problem.
You have to pay to play, and to me with the deal I got, it will pay for gas for a few years. I got over bluebook on my trade, a GREAT discount on the H2 and I've been smiling ever since I got home. I put my $1200 tax rebate to good use buying American and supporting American jobs.
I finally have a vehicle that will haul my wife's "stuff" and make it up the muddy road to my son's house on the hill in the boonies. He now thinks his old man is KEWL and the grandchildren are crazy about it. I have the entry set to just flash the lights and when I clicked the keyfob, my 4 year old grandson said "WOW just like a Christmas tree, do that again", when all the lights & rooflights flashed at night . PROUD TO BE A NEW H2 HUMMER OWNER! Will post a picture as soon as I figure out how to!
Old 05-10-2008, 05:15 PM
Hummer Veteran

Biskxp is on a distinguished road

It works out at $8.12 a gallon for petrol at the moment in the UK so think yourself lucky.......
Old 05-10-2008, 07:38 PM
Hummer Expert

Karsun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by badss98
Gas prices seem to be the biggest concern, and as earlier stated the h2 has always been perceived as the biggest consumer of gas, Almost every time i fillup i am asked about the gas mileage and it is the perception that this is whe worst one the road were i have friends that drive ram 1500s with the hemi and adverage 9-10 mpg consistantly.I also will deal with the price increase because i am so happy we purchased our h2. It rides like a cadillac,is as big as a bus and holds a commanding presence where ever we go.(attention hog my wife says). The lack of education of some, and the treehuggers constant attention to the single item has hurt the value but it wont be leaving my driveway anytime soon .If they dont like it then they better move over because i have worked my ass off to be in the position i am now and i will damm well drive whatever i want .h2 and proud

Who cares if more are being sold now and the value isn't what it used to be? I still love mine and even if I do see more on the road, it's still not enough that we don't get tons of attention when we drive ours. I wouldn't trade ours for anything to be honest.
Yellow2003 Luxury, 2 inch lift with Helo Maxx8 20X10 Rims, Toyo AT Open Country LT325//60//R20 tires,black tublar steps,taillight and brush guards,8500k Bi Xenon Bulbs, KC Lights, Recon Smoked roof lights
Karsun Designs
Karsun's World
Old 05-10-2008, 07:40 PM
Hummer Authority

devilsfan is an unknown quantity at this point

I totally agree with the novelty wearing off. You have to be a die-hard Hummer or car person to drive an H2 nowadays. The gas cost is outrageous, they're hard to park, visibility sucks, won't fit in some parking decks or drive thrus, etc. They're impractical. If you're a fanatic, then you live with it because you love the truck. But if you just bought one to impress or because it was different - then those are going on Ebay.

Stacy (NEVER selling my truck!!!)
Old 05-11-2008, 11:02 PM
Hummer Authority

mikejr is an unknown quantity at this point

aint selling mine either....but you know, there are plenty of other large trucks and even some midsize rigs that get just as equally as bad mileage but none that look as cool as the H2. Wont ever see my rig on Ebay!

2008 H2 Lux Series, Slate Blue, everything but the air suspension - sold

2006 H2 Lux Series, Uplevel Chrome, DVD's, Slate Blue, Sun Roof - sold

"If Life Gives You Limes, Make Margaritas" - Jimmy Buffett