H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 05-02-2005, 09:31 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hart1:
No, not gay.

However, I really respect LV, he works hard on this forum with tips, upgrades and H2 innovations. He has even unselfishly offered to help me install a CD changer to work with my Nav, no small operation.

So yes, my thoughts and good wishes are with him. If it was in my power to make for a good outcome for him in this situation, I would deliver it for him in a blink of an eye! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uhm... ok. Just borderline gay? An engine problem isn't quite the thing to send your warmest wishes about. Injury, illness, lost pet, constipation... those are causes for a little well-wishing. Would you be this gushy over an alignment problem or a faulty wiper relay?
Old 05-02-2005, 09:40 PM

Hart1 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> An egine problem isn't quite the thing to send your warmest wishes about </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Well,

If I said this, you would be correct. However, I did not.

I used "Good Wishes"

And I hope all would wish the best for Lv, right?

PS: One trip to Mexico with me and you would dump any "gay" ideas about me (fixation?)....

(ok, now you can blast away at me...I'm ready)

(This will hurt, because I respect and value your comments here too...)
Old 05-03-2005, 12:42 AM
Hummer Guru

ROX is an unknown quantity at this point

BUMMER!!! Sorry to hear that. (I'd send well wishes, but I might get yelled at )
Old 05-03-2005, 01:02 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

So is the decision to go with the crate engine?
If you do that can you keep the original or is it needed as a core?
It would be great if you could keep the engine and send it to a reputable shop for examination and determination of the cause. With the turbo I don't think you altered the short block so GM may still be held liable for the repairs if the cause is proven to be a manufacturing defect. What's the dealer's role so far?
Old 05-03-2005, 01:12 AM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

jonahs, that really sucks about the engine.

SO, I thought about your options. DON'T PUT THE TURBO BACK IN! you more than likely decided that already. Have the dealer put the stock engine back in with a Radix charger on it. you'll have your power and more importnatly a WARRANTY if something else goes.

Check to see about warranty with the crate engine. Will they still honor your trans warranty? Or is your warranty gone on everything?

Good luck with whatever you decide. Just remmeber, if it's broke, it can be fixed.
Old 05-03-2005, 01:25 AM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Well, damn. Damn, Damn DAMN. This just sucks!

Is it shavings or more like broken pieces. I mean can it be some broken off part of a valve or something that's in pieces. You might have more justification for making them adhere to the warranty if you can determine that some internal part broke that has nothing to do with the turbo.
Old 05-03-2005, 01:28 AM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LasVegas:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
It would be great if you could keep the engine and send it to a reputable shop for examination and determination of the cause. With the turbo I don't think you altered the short block so GM may still be held liable for the repairs if the cause is proven to be a manufacturing defect. What's the dealer's role so far? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I'll go the crate rather than rebuild. I imagine they want the old engine as a core. The dealer is being cooperative and seems to be trying to save as much expense as possible. But the local GM rep has already gone on record "no warranty". The mechanic is very good and agreed to cut the book time for his labor. I'm trying to remain calm but you know these are the risks we run when we start down the modification road. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I would imagine that for any recourse you need the engine examined. Maybe you could work a deal with the dealer to allow you to have the engine examined and you just promise to return it when finished. Otherwise, you could pay the core charge and get the money back upon return of the old engine.
Old 05-03-2005, 01:29 AM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
Well, damn. Damn, Damn DAMN. This just sucks!

Is it shavings or more like broken pieces. I mean can it be some broken off part of a valve or something that's in pieces. You might have more justification for making them adhere to the warranty if you can determine that some internal part broke that has nothing to do with the turbo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That's what I'm hoping, also. But it needs to be independently examined.
Old 05-03-2005, 01:44 AM
Hummer Messiah

This just crossed my mind and is a pie-in-the-sky thought, but can you still turn the turbo smoothly by hand? I know you had symptoms before, so like I said, PITS, but you never know. Maybe something went wrong there.
Old 05-03-2005, 01:44 AM

LasVegas is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LasVegas:
It would be great if you could keep the engine and send it to a reputable shop for examination and determination of the cause. With the turbo I don't think you altered the short block so GM may still be held liable for the repairs if the cause is proven to be a manufacturing defect. What's the dealer's role so far? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I'll go the crate rather than rebuild. I imagine they want the old engine as a core. The dealer is being cooperative and seems to be trying to save as much expense as possible. But the local GM rep has already gone on record "no warranty". The mechanic is very good and agreed to cut the book time for his labor. I'm trying to remain calm but you know these are the risks we run when we start down the modification road. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I would imagine that for any recourse you need the engine examined. Maybe you could work a deal with the dealer to allow you to have the engine examined and you just promise to return it when finished. Otherwise, you could pay the core charge and get the money back upon return of the old engine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Good ideas from all of you. I have to do some serious thinking tonight and appreciate your input and ideas. It's a tough decision.
Old 05-03-2005, 01:46 AM

Another strange thing. The oil filter looks clean.
Old 05-03-2005, 01:48 AM

This just crossed my mind and is a pie-in-the-sky thought, but can you still turn the turbo smoothly by hand? I know you had symptoms before, so like I said, PITS, but you never know. Maybe something went wrong there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>We're going to check that tomorrow.
Old 05-03-2005, 02:20 AM
Hummer Messiah

I really like turbos and doubt that's the problem, but you never know. If that is the cause, I hope you don't get d!@ked around.
Old 05-03-2005, 02:50 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Jonahs it seems if the previous low oil pressure was documented that should give you an out on the turbo. That turbo did not do this. You would have gotten a locked up turbo from no lubrication. if turbo locked up You have a filter that filters the oil before it goes back into engine. This is just not the turbo's fault. Heck it has a stinkin alarm if the oil flow is impeded from the turbo to the engine. The GM warranty guy needs to be taken out and have his head shave at the least if he is not already balded from pulling His hair out.
I have run turbo's in the worst condition around in farming and I cannot count how many turbo's locked up and not trash engine. The same for deep well engines pumping water for 24 hours a day 6 months a year. The turbo's would fail and with the similar filter set up on Your turbo situation the engine would lose power and pour black smoke. Run all night very inefficiantly but, shut them down get a turbo out of the shop pour deisel through it with pan off and flush it over and over. Then change the oil filter on turbo and engine 3 times during the day and run the thing for 5,000 more hours before trouble. Get an attorney familiar with the magneson moss act and try to push it towards arbritation.
I agree with going with a create engine.
sorry to hear this stuff. I fhtere ever was a guy who did not deserve this it is You. let me how it goes.
TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 05-03-2005, 04:58 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Another strange thing. The oil filter looks clean. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Clean as in no dirty oil, or clean as in no oil period?
Old 05-03-2005, 06:38 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DRTYFN:
Another strange thing. The oil filter looks clean. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Clean as in no dirty oil, or clean as in no oil period? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Clean as in no obvious metal. There's reasons but can't discuss publicly.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:02 PM
Hummer Expert

Dug is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dug3x3:
The obivious answer is the oil pump puked. But i am curious what you find out. Could be clogged screen or plugged passage way etc. Good luck with it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lv. Good luck. with you H2
P.S. - Did I win "clogged screen" ?
Old 05-03-2005, 09:32 PM
Hummer Expert

GeorgeSSSS is off the scale

LV: Really sorry to hear about all the trouble. Some time when we're both at some western area H2 function I'll buy a strong drink for a buddy who had a tough break.

George SSSS
Black 2005 Adventure Series; factory touch screen GPS w/XM radio; factory express open/close sunroof; reclining second row seats; Warn 9.5ti Multi-Mount Winch; Gobi Stealth roof rack with PIAA lights; HotShot windshield washer fluid system
Old 05-04-2005, 12:46 AM
Hummer Expert

NoMoGMPG is an unknown quantity at this point

LV,
What kind of price did you get on the engine? If you want, I'll check to see what kind of deep deal I can find.

Dave
1999 AMGeneral H1 6.5TD BLACK Wagon e-Lockers Front and Back, Rubberduck4x4 RockTubes, Extended Undercarriage Protection,"Big Duck" 2" body lift/2 1/2" suspension lift, 41" IROK Radials on 17" Cepeks w/Rock Rims, (in process)Centered front diff, 3.08 gears, 12k Brakes and 12k halfshafts
Old 05-04-2005, 12:54 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GMPartsGuy:
LV,
What kind of price did you get on the engine? If you want, I'll check to see what kind of deep deal I can find.

Dave </div></BLOCKQUOTE>PM