H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 04-29-2008, 02:32 AM
Hummer Veteran

mln2963 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Dealership=Ghost Town

I was at the dealer today getting my cracked roof rail replaced. There was no one looking at Hummers and there was only one other person there for service. I was there last June and the place was a madhouse. I hope gas prices and the economy don't force GM to drop Hummer.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:06 AM
Hummer Guru

Big Dad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dealership=Ghost Town

That's funny...the wife and I stopped in to look at an Alpha. We were bombarded by a couple of guys that left us feeling as if we needed a shower. They never got our phone number though. They were trying to talk me into trading my 3 in and I kept saying "she wanted to look at an Alpha." Their hook was the back-up camera with the monitor in the rear view mirror. They never heard the "she makes more than me" and kept focusing on trying to sell me a vehicle! Piece of work!

Old 04-29-2008, 07:03 AM
Hummer Guru

Hmmm2 is on a distinguished road

Well, that's how it is here, too. There is no one on the Hummer lots. Even when we got the H2 end of February, we were the only ones looking. I don't see many '08 H3's or H2's on the road. One H3 passed me yesterday and the couple passing me almost fell out of their window waving to me. I guess becasue we both had '08's.

A note about the camera in the rearview mirror. In my opinion, that camera is overrated. I have it in the H2 and I don't depend on it. You have to remember that you have that big tire on the rear and the camera doesn't figure that in for you. You think you have a long way to go before you bump the vehicle behind you, but you don't! If I had my druthers <lol>, I'd opt for the HitchCam on the rear roof ABOVE the tire. On the H2 you can replace the rear center marker light with the camera. You can probably do something to put it there on an H3, too.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:30 PM
Hummer Guru

wpage is on a distinguished road

Whats good for GM is good for the county!
Cheap Gas!
(John 3:16)
2006 H3 Slate Blue,Header,Jacked,CAI,Toyo35's,HHO.
Priors...
Explorer
Commander
71 Vette
You Name it!
Old 04-30-2008, 02:52 AM
Hummer Guru

Unfortunately those days are gone.

Old 04-30-2008, 03:52 AM
Elcova Rookie

SandT_H3 is on a distinguished road

my dealership is just the definatelly not that slow here. We went in Saturday for an oil change and they said it would be a four hour wait. When we pulled up there were atleast 10 other hummers there. We went into the show room and there was only one sales office that did not have anybody in it. I guess it all depends on where you are at.

Stan
Old 05-03-2008, 04:44 PM
Hummer Veteran

Location: Houston (The Heights)Texas <'))))>?{ . N 29.47.89 W 95.25.71
Spuds is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dad
Unfortunately those days are gone.

Possibly $7 to $10 per gallon within twenty four months.

http://www2.nysun.com/article/75363

Get those diesels in the H3's!!!!!
'87 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
'91 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
'04 VW Touareg VR-6
'07 Hummer H3 I-5 Lux/Offroad

Current:
'03 Ford Ranger Super Cab FX4
'09 Hummer H3 Alpha Offroad

Handle every situation like the dog !!
If you can't Eat it or Screw it; Piss on it and Walk Away.
Old 05-29-2008, 03:40 AM
Hummer Professional

lennyrebel is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpage
Whats good for GM is good for the county!
Cheap Gas!
Exactly. Why do we let opec set gas prices in Canada and U S, With Alaskan ,Gulf ,Tar Sands ,North Sea, Mexican And Venezuelan Oil Opec should not be setting prices here. But our producers love it because they reap hideously huge profits while they blame the Arab countries. If we maintain our oil prices where they should be our economies would be going full bore instead of on the verge of bankruptcy .
Old 05-29-2008, 03:52 AM
Hummer Expert

RazM is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennyrebel
Exactly. Why do we let opec set gas prices in Canada and U S, With Alaskan ,Gulf ,Tar Sands ,North Sea, Mexican And Venezuelan Oil Opec should not be setting prices here. But our producers love it because they reap hideously huge profits while they blame the Arab countries. If we maintain our oil prices where they should be our economies would be going full bore instead of on the verge of bankruptcy .

For once, I agree with you.
Old 05-27-2008, 02:15 AM
Hummer Veteran

nychot is on a distinguished road
Default Its a new world!

Hummer sales are said to be down 43 percent. my dealer tells me they havent sold a new h3 in 2 months. they are lined up like dead dinosaurs. we stayed home this weekend. last gas i put in was $4.23 regular for my '07 h3 lux. were trying to decide what to get when the 27 month lease expires at the end of the year. wifey likes the vw gti, which can take regular and still gets 29 hwy. i want to look at the mini clubman and the 4 wd honda element. i think gas is never going to get cheaper than the high 3s a gallon. the hummer and other big suvs are just too expensive to drive. i read in the wall street journal that dealers wont even take hummers as trade ins. period. i'm glad i leased.
Old 05-27-2008, 03:51 AM
Hummer Expert

Default Re: Its a new world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nychot
Hummer sales are said to be down 43 percent. my dealer tells me they havent sold a new h3 in 2 months. they are lined up like dead dinosaurs. we stayed home this weekend. last gas i put in was $4.23 regular for my '07 h3 lux. were trying to decide what to get when the 27 month lease expires at the end of the year. wifey likes the vw gti, which can take regular and still gets 29 hwy. i want to look at the mini clubman and the 4 wd honda element. i think gas is never going to get cheaper than the high 3s a gallon. the hummer and other big suvs are just too expensive to drive. i read in the wall street journal that dealers wont even take hummers as trade ins. period. i'm glad i leased.

BULLSH*T.

You obviously drive the H3 only for poseur reasons then, because all your so called 'alternatives' have absolutely no use offroad.

Why are you even driving an H3?
Old 05-27-2008, 08:14 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazM
BULLSH*T.

You obviously drive the H3 only for poseur reasons then, because all your so called 'alternatives' have absolutely no use offroad.

i like the looks and the drive, asswipe. since when do you have go off road to drive a hummer, dickhead. my alternatives, punchy, have to do with not spending $100 to fill my tank. *******s like you give hummer a bad name.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:05 PM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
i like the looks and the drive, asswipe. since when do you have go off road to drive a hummer, dickhead. my alternatives, punchy, have to do with not spending $100 to fill my tank. *******s like you give hummer a bad name.

You're complaining that driving a FULL TIME 4WD is too expensive, THEN DON'T DRIVE A FRICKIN' FULL TIME 4WD if you aren't using it OFFROAD.

Call me all the names in the world, but you're the one crying that a FULL TIME 4WD is bad on gas... what the heck were you expecting?

So, lets look at who gives HUMMER owners a bad name, someone who uses it for what it's designed for, someone who has helped pull people out of ditches/snowbanks... OR... someone who drives around without a gram of dirt on it ever, and only drives it "because it looks cool..."

Old 05-28-2008, 01:33 AM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
You're complaining that driving a FULL TIME 4WD is too expensive, THEN DON'T DRIVE A FRICKIN' FULL TIME 4WD if you aren't using it OFFROAD.

Call me all the names in the world, but you're the one crying that a FULL TIME 4WD is bad on gas... what the heck were you expecting?

So, lets look at who gives HUMMER owners a bad name, someone who uses it for what it's designed for, someone who has helped pull people out of ditches/snowbanks... OR... someone who drives around without a gram of dirt on it ever, and only drives it "because it looks cool..."

its a vehicle, idiot. its to get you around. i love the h3. that doesnt mean i have to take it off-road. i like 4 wheel drive. we live in the northast where you need one. if gas wasnt at a four dollar level and looking like it will stay there FOREVER i'd probably go for another hummer h3 when my lease expires. but i just cant see myself filling my tank every week at $90-olus dollars. thats about $5000 a year. do the math. and dont give me that recue bull****. if i saw someone in trouble and i could help with my hummer i would. dont play hero with me, moron. and how do you rationalize that someone who drives their hummer because it looks cool is any more of an ******* than you who liked to get it dirty. what an idiot you are.
Old 05-27-2008, 05:46 AM
Hummer Guru

Quote:

Quote:
BULLSH*T.

I think RAZ might be right...didn't you just have a flat in your garage? You were complaning about onstar right? Something about getting rid of the 3 and onstar? I thought you were a chick when you first started posting...unless you & the better half post under the same avatar.

Old 05-27-2008, 04:39 PM
Hummer Veteran

Location: Houston (The Heights)Texas <'))))>?{ . N 29.47.89 W 95.25.71
Spuds is on a distinguished road

Driving a larger vehicle that consumes more fuel is becoming more and more of a luxury.

Depends on your priorities and how important it is to you to have a durable go anywhere vehicle like the H3.

I have seen gas prices rise steadily since I bout mine about a year ago, but don't regret it one bit.
'87 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
'91 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
'04 VW Touareg VR-6
'07 Hummer H3 I-5 Lux/Offroad

Current:
'03 Ford Ranger Super Cab FX4
'09 Hummer H3 Alpha Offroad

Handle every situation like the dog !!
If you can't Eat it or Screw it; Piss on it and Walk Away.
Old 05-27-2008, 08:16 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dad
I think RAZ might be right...didn't you just have a flat in your garage? You were complaning about onstar right? Something about getting rid of the 3 and onstar? I thought you were a chick when you first started posting...unless you & the better half post under the same avatar.

another asswipe checks in!
Old 05-27-2008, 08:31 PM
Hummer Guru

3Hummer is on a distinguished road

i hardly see any 08's on the road all the hummers still driving are 07 or earlier

2003 H1 HMCS: Ocean Blue Metallic, Grey Leather Interior

2010 H3 Alpha: Canyon Metallic, Cashmere Interior

2017 VW Jetta S

2012 Cessna 182T Skylane

used to have: 2007 base H3 Slate Blue

/''T''|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**"\)_)
Old 05-27-2008, 09:51 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
another asswipe checks in!

Asswipe? What's the matter? Can't answer the Fuking,question? Did you or did you not get a Fuking,flat in your fuking,garage and then call onstar to deal with it!

LOLROTFPIMP!