H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 07-07-2004, 02:05 AM
Hummer Professional

TBarrow is off the scale

I just found out and do not remember any discussions about the cabin filter. I have 62,XXX miles now and just changed it. I will post pictures soon but it was packed with dust, leaves, pine needles, etc. I paid 37.00 for the filter at the dealer and installed it myself it was 2- 7mm screws holding the cover and 2 - 8mm screws holding the plate that secures the filter. By the way they A/C works great now.
Black H2 Adventure Series + Luxury, AirForce One intake, Throttle Body Bypass, Gobi Rack w/2\" Brackets & 4 PIAA 580 Lights, Xenarc HID, Alcoa Wheels, Goodyear 37x12.50x17 MT/R, Warn 9.5Ti Thermometric Winch, DiabloSport programmer,160 Degree T-Stat, B&B Headers and full dual exhaust by B&B as well, ARB fridge/freezer, Full Audio upgrade.
Hummer Professional

TBarrow is off the scale

I just found out and do not remember any discussions about the cabin filter. I have 62,XXX miles now and just changed it. I will post pictures soon but it was packed with dust, leaves, pine needles, etc. I paid 37.00 for the filter at the dealer and installed it myself it was 2- 7mm screws holding the cover and 2 - 8mm screws holding the plate that secures the filter. By the way they A/C works great now.
Black H2 Adventure Series + Luxury, AirForce One intake, Throttle Body Bypass, Gobi Rack w/2\" Brackets & 4 PIAA 580 Lights, Xenarc HID, Alcoa Wheels, Goodyear 37x12.50x17 MT/R, Warn 9.5Ti Thermometric Winch, DiabloSport programmer,160 Degree T-Stat, B&B Headers and full dual exhaust by B&B as well, ARB fridge/freezer, Full Audio upgrade.
Hummer Professional

TBarrow is off the scale

Old 07-07-2004, 10:27 AM
Hummer Expert

Hummer Man is off the scale

Does anyone have over 100,000 miles yet??
Old 07-07-2004, 11:32 AM
Circuitguy

Can you post the GM part number for the filter? BIG-C
Old 07-07-2004, 01:46 PM
Hummer Professional

TBarrow is off the scale

The part number is 88986533
Old 07-10-2004, 04:16 AM

CJ is off the scale

Please post the pics. My dealer could not find the cabin filter when I wanted it replaced.Wacky but true. (last year, thread on hepa filter)thanks
Old 07-10-2004, 04:31 AM
Circuitguy

Thank you!!! BIG-C
Old 07-10-2004, 01:42 PM

Kevin B is off the scale

Thanks for the topic, and please post pictures of filter and filter location.
Old 07-10-2004, 07:41 PM
Hummer Professional

TBarrow is off the scale

This is the filter
Attached Images

Old 07-10-2004, 07:42 PM
Hummer Professional

TBarrow is off the scale

Close up, The picture does not give the total effect. It was clogged rather well and now the A/C works much better.
Attached Images

Old 07-10-2004, 07:43 PM
Hummer Professional

TBarrow is off the scale

Passenger area below Glove compartment is where it is located. You need to remove the black cover with 2-7mm bolts.
Attached Images

Old 07-10-2004, 07:51 PM
Hummer Professional

TBarrow is off the scale

The filter is located inside the door with the yellow stripe on it. There is an 8mm bolt at the front and follow the door down and another 8mm bolt to the right. remove these and the door does not come off but pivots down and you slide the filter out. Hope this helps all as I was amazed that no one knew about this from a dealers stand point. BIG-C I doubled checked my part number but still comfirm it with your dealer
Attached Images

Old 07-10-2004, 09:13 PM

Kevin B is off the scale

Many, Many thanks T. Good pics and write up. Man, that thing was PLUGGED. I see you guys even have big dust spores in Texas .
Old 07-13-2004, 11:19 PM

tourtek is off the scale

I have a early 2003 and just checked the location shown and found there to be no filter. There is also no access door where it is shown to be. It is sealed shut with plastic studs where the screws to the door are shown to be. Anybody else pulled of the cover and discovered this? I also have 2003 service manuals and found no reference to the "cabin filter". This must have been on later models or on only some.
Old 07-13-2004, 11:58 PM
Hummer Professional

TBarrow is off the scale

Mine is a July 02' Delivery and number 450 off the assembly line. The dealer did not know it was there either until we looked for it.
Old 07-14-2004, 01:25 AM
Circuitguy

U da man T! BIG-C
Old 07-14-2004, 05:09 PM

tourtek is off the scale

Mine was also a July 02 delivery, and I can tell you after looking twice down there, that there is no access door for a filter. The whole area is sealed closed. You can see where the screws that would have released the filter door should have gone, but there are just empty holes. There is also no vent area on the bottom as shown in the photo, just solid plastic. I can tell you that if mine had a filter there would likely be NO AIR coming through the AC at this point. I have run this truck through the many miles of silt beds in Baja and the Nevada desert, pre-running the race courses. I have also had the entire cab filled with silt and sand upon dropping into one of these silt bed/"tank traps" at excessive speed having failed to put the system back on recirculate after shutting down the engine. This would indicate to me that, at least , my rig has no filter. There are some guys who check out this site periodically, who could solve this mystery once and for all, if they choose. I'll leave that up to them to respond. A re-usable, readily accessible, easily cleaned, cabin filter would be a great addition to the H2 in my opinion. Any way to keep all the crap from blowing out of the duct work into yer face when you go from recirculate back to normal HVAC mode would be an great improvement.

P.S. Does anyone know of someone who makes a HEAVY DUTY FRONT SKID PLATE for the H2? I have been through 3 stock ones so far and am looking for one of at least twice the stock thickness and of solid construction, no ladder type. I'll post this as a seperate thread also. Thanks
Old 07-14-2004, 06:45 PM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that, good to know!

I think I see a potato growing under one of those fingernails.
Old 07-14-2004, 10:26 PM
Hummer Authority

Easy Ed is an unknown quantity at this point

No got :-(

P.S. Nothing in the 2003 service manual either.

Last edited by Easy Ed : 01-27-2021 at 03:02 AM.