H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 05-17-2005, 02:30 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LoLo:
Although I realize it cannot be compared "apples to apples" to any other SUV on the market, but what -- regarding size -- would you compare the H3 to?

I know, I COULD go look up the sizes of all the other SUV's on the market with the H3 stats, but I am WAY too lazy for that! And, why go to the trouble when I can get someone to tell me that has seen it first-hand? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Ok lazy lolo: Waaaay smaller than the H2. Since I don't really care about another SUV that's all I can give you.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:32 AM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GreenH3:
HummerNewbie: Definitely get the side step. It's a high step in without one and I'm 5'11".
LoLo: I would compare it in size to the Toyota Sequoia but slightly taller or maybe a Trailblazer and a lot taller. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Maybe I'm just used to climbing into the H2 without the steps and It's no problem. But again, I'll have the wife crawl up the ladder and let you know. BTW, she hates getting in the H2.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:34 AM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GreenH3:
HummerNewbie: Definitely get the side step. It's a high step in without one and I'm 5'11".
LoLo: I would compare it in size to the Toyota Sequoia but slightly taller or maybe a Trailblazer and a lot taller. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Trailblazer on steroids. The Sequoia is a big SUV and this is not.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:37 AM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by loadedh3:
It was the Adventure package. The interior looked to be same as the photo on the website in the section (H3 Highlights on the Inside) No leather. My kids loved it. I had to pull them away. It does have rear wiper. The back seat was very roomy. Big enough for two car seats. Can't wait to get mine next week. I think the 4-Runner would be a close comparison but the H3 looks bigger. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>You must be getting one off the first truck. Great for you! Of course I'll be surprised if it happens that fast.

How would you describe those seats? Not really cloth. Whatever, it feels very durable.
Old 05-17-2005, 04:55 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
This is some photo enhancement. I am sure Ken could email me the full sized image and I could extrapolate even a better representation, but no pixels were added, just some enhancingto better show the wiper arm. So this should show some proof of the wiper arm. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

God damn, that stupid Warren Commission was sure as hell lucky you weren't around or you would have proved that Oswald didn't act alone.
Old 05-17-2005, 09:53 AM
Hummer Professional

funpilot is off the scale

Loadedh3....where are you in Chesapeake? I am in Great Bridge?

KenP....are they going to let you have a test drive? If yes, can I go with you as they probably aren't happy with me right now....
Old 05-17-2005, 11:05 AM
Hummer Professional

LoLo is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
Ok lazy lolo: Waaaay smaller than the H2. Since I don't really care about another SUV that's all I can give you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looking for any feasible alternative to my H2 radio problem! Actually, my husband would LOVE for me to trade my H2 for a little better fuel economy... but I fear the only trade I would make is for a NEW H2! The H3 may be a bit small for me now!

05 Desert Sand H2 Adv
Old 05-17-2005, 11:07 AM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Guys,

Thanks for the input on the side steps. KenP I will wait to hear what co-pilot thinks of it. Lets hope we start seeing deliveries soon.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 05-17-2005, 01:41 PM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by funpilot:

KenP....are they going to let you have a test drive? If yes, can I go with you as they probably aren't happy with me right now.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Sorry, no driving that truck. As I said it's been to 27 cities and has only 200 miles on it. GM has the locking gas cap key.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:12 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by funpilot:

KenP....are they going to let you have a test drive? If yes, can I go with you as they probably aren't happy with me right now.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Sorry, no driving that truck. As I said it's been to 27 cities and has only 200 miles on it. GM has the locking gas cap key. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's up with that?

Old 05-17-2005, 03:57 PM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys,

Ken is @ the dealership and wanted me to relay that the wheels on that particular H3 are 33" w/ chrome which is not factory or an option. The aforementioned 2 switches are blanks and the dealers at this point are unaware of the particular funtion.

Funpilot-

They have viewed the forum ( got a giggle )and said that everything is way cool and they understand. They said if you are interested to come check it out today 5/17 prior to 5:30pm. There is a Hummer Happening/ new showroom opening @ 6:00. Trust me the guys up there are genuine when they say that.

I will check the darn steps or ladder tonight and let you know.
Old 05-17-2005, 04:03 PM
Hummer Guru

CP,

Thanks for the update.

Old 05-17-2005, 05:33 PM
Hummer Messiah

Here are a couple of pics. The first it the elusive rear wiper. Yes, the commision was right and there is one.

The H3 will not be available in this particular arrangement. As HCP said, the rims will not be available with the 33's. The gas cap is also unavailable.
Attached Images

Old 05-17-2005, 05:36 PM
Hummer Messiah

The thought is GM produced the vehicle, and others like it, to look good and garner attention. It seems to have done the trick as this truck was seen by over 30 people yesterday who were just driving down the street. There is one exception, I guess it was loadedh3 that stopped by with the kids.

Pic of the blanks in the center stack.
Attached Images

Old 05-17-2005, 05:38 PM
Hummer Messiah

Now here's a pic of the seats. They are cloth, which I don't think you can get with the chrome package, and feel extremely durable. Another case of building an attention getter.
Attached Images

Old 05-17-2005, 05:38 PM
Hummer Expert

ckhagman is off the scale

http://www.cartermotorsports.net/H3%20Pics/
Old 05-17-2005, 06:00 PM
Hummer Professional

funpilot is off the scale

h2co-pilot: I am still in NY so will not be back until Friday. I am glad they are ok with my situation. As such, I will buy all my factory options from them.
Old 05-17-2005, 06:01 PM
Hummer Messiah

Great pics! No chrome gas cap and the wheels are different.
Old 05-17-2005, 06:05 PM
Hummer Guru

KenP,

Thanks for the great pics and the info. Glad we all have closure on the wiper and buttons issue.

Old 05-17-2005, 06:10 PM
Hummer Professional

killian is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> GM has the locking gas cap key. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a locksmith shop at my disposal. Is there a number on the face of the gas cap by the key hole? I'll send out a key...