H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 11-26-2002, 05:13 AM

sheag is off the scale

I am getting ready in mere days to buy my Hummer. I found one I really like, no, am madly in love with, at a local dealership (actually they have several in this color and model..at least for now). In addition, I am thrilled with the sales guy who is selling to me at MSRP, so I'm pretty sure this is it. It's Sunset Orange and has the Lux and Adv pkgs (I didn't really want the lux pkg, but nearly all dealer inventory here seems to have it, so whatever, as long as it has the adventure too, I'm cool). It also has the sunroof. The dealer is installing a *second* sunroof just behind the first one for people who want it. Does anyone here have this? It seems like it would be great for me, I live in Hawai'i so actually will get a lot of use out of the sunroofs. But I hadn't heard it mentioned here.

Also I've seen online that you can purchase a wood dash trim kit. Anyone here have one? I really like the look of the wood dash trim in the H1s I've seen, but I've never seen it in an H2. Comments?

Lastly, one of the Hummers on the lot had a tire and rims upgrade. It made it look unbelieveable. My sales guy said they could switch them out, but it's an additional $3600. Yikes! I wonder if it's worth it?

Thanks to all who answered my post the other day on dealer experiences. I visited four area dealers over the wknd, got ignored at one (I'm a female driving a Saturn, so no big surprise), condescended to at another. But at this dealership where my H2 awaits, I was treated great. I was test driving in about 3 seconds, doing 360s in the Safeway parking lot, taking her out on the highway and enjoying the dropped jaws. The sales guy spent a lot of time with me, they have one of the 49 anniversary edition H1s on the lot and he got the key and showed it to me and told me about his two weeks at the plant in Indiana. I know he's a sales guy, but it was nice to at least have a pleasant dealer experience. When I bought my Dodge Ram quad cab the idiot sales guys kept trying to talk me into a minivan.

I will be using this truck for serious offroading to surf spots others can only dream about reaching in their Wranglers. I can't wait!

Shea
Old 11-26-2002, 05:13 AM

sheag is off the scale

I am getting ready in mere days to buy my Hummer. I found one I really like, no, am madly in love with, at a local dealership (actually they have several in this color and model..at least for now). In addition, I am thrilled with the sales guy who is selling to me at MSRP, so I'm pretty sure this is it. It's Sunset Orange and has the Lux and Adv pkgs (I didn't really want the lux pkg, but nearly all dealer inventory here seems to have it, so whatever, as long as it has the adventure too, I'm cool). It also has the sunroof. The dealer is installing a *second* sunroof just behind the first one for people who want it. Does anyone here have this? It seems like it would be great for me, I live in Hawai'i so actually will get a lot of use out of the sunroofs. But I hadn't heard it mentioned here.

Also I've seen online that you can purchase a wood dash trim kit. Anyone here have one? I really like the look of the wood dash trim in the H1s I've seen, but I've never seen it in an H2. Comments?

Lastly, one of the Hummers on the lot had a tire and rims upgrade. It made it look unbelieveable. My sales guy said they could switch them out, but it's an additional $3600. Yikes! I wonder if it's worth it?

Thanks to all who answered my post the other day on dealer experiences. I visited four area dealers over the wknd, got ignored at one (I'm a female driving a Saturn, so no big surprise), condescended to at another. But at this dealership where my H2 awaits, I was treated great. I was test driving in about 3 seconds, doing 360s in the Safeway parking lot, taking her out on the highway and enjoying the dropped jaws. The sales guy spent a lot of time with me, they have one of the 49 anniversary edition H1s on the lot and he got the key and showed it to me and told me about his two weeks at the plant in Indiana. I know he's a sales guy, but it was nice to at least have a pleasant dealer experience. When I bought my Dodge Ram quad cab the idiot sales guys kept trying to talk me into a minivan.

I will be using this truck for serious offroading to surf spots others can only dream about reaching in their Wranglers. I can't wait!

Shea
Old 11-26-2002, 06:02 AM

WES is off the scale

I like Hummer just the way Hummer makes it, period.

Sounds like you like to modify cars and trucks and have some experience at it, otherwise you would not be seriously considering to spend thousands on double Lux and Adv packages, $3600 tires and wheels, 2nd sunroof, fake wood dash, plus shipping to Hawaii, thats $10000 on top of whatever else you are buying in Hummer. Don't forget to add $10000 worth of GPS, 1000 watts stereo and 5 LCD screens. Doesn't sound like a helpless lady in the jungle of evil salesmen, clearly money is no object to you, you don't need any help from anyone else. Its your toy and your money, do what you want with them. Let me know which island you are shipping your Hummer to, so I will stay away from that island on my next Hawaii vacation.

Good luck and enjoy. Peace. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2002, 06:28 AM

sheag is off the scale

Yo Wes, dude, what's with the 'tude? For starters, I'm buying my H2 here in Washington and shipping it to Hawaii because I save approximately 10K in doing so. Most people who buy new cars in Hawai'i buy on the mainland and ship in order to save money. Cars at dealerships in Hawai'i are marked up beyond MSRP, the inventory is limited, and shipping from the West Coast is only $895.

I haven't ever customized a car beyond a nice stereo system. In fact, this will be only my second new car ever. I never said I was helpless, but I don't have a lot of experience buying cars. As I said in the post, I didn't really want the Lux pkg, but it's there, so what the hey. I have no intention of buying 5 LCD screens or GPS. I was just posting asking about some customizations I've seen that look interesting and wondered if others had them. Live and let live, man. And I live on the Big Island. Please feel free to stay away, mainland attitudes like yours are a drag.

Shea
Old 11-26-2002, 11:04 AM

Location: In the Deep South, Along the Shore of the Flint River
HummerGirl is off the scale

Well this is the worst at-ta-tude yet on this forum I have seen yet, WES. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] Wes you sound like a troll with that comment.

Sorry Sheag, but I get this also being a woman living in a "man's world".

I know the feeling about being in a Hardware store and having men come up and ask if I need "help" finding anything and automatically pointing me to the garden section or wallpaper aisle!

Funny...when I drove a forklift in college I never seemed to get any lip from the guys! Don't seem to get any now that I am in my H2.

They need to run that commercial again for H2 with the slogan..."Threaten men in a new way".

A mini-van...you've got to be kidding.

~amy
Reality is merely a crutch for those with a broken imagination.~anon.

http://www.CelestialBath.com
Old 11-26-2002, 12:15 PM

H2Girl is off the scale

Hey WES, What's up with the attitude? It's people like you that make others shy away from posting. If you have a comment to make, be respectful. We all want in some way to make our H2's unique and for someone who has the $ to splurge, Why not!
Sheag, the H2 would look great with the options you mentioned! The wheels are very expensive and you might want to check Ebay. There is a guy by the name of PTKing who sells the factory chrome Rims (from Hummer not stock ones plated by an outside company)for about$1500? Great guy to deal with and he's located in Washington. Good luck with the H2!!!
Old 11-26-2002, 12:38 PM
Hummer Expert

Texas Red is off the scale

There is nothing like the fury of a woman. Especially an H2 woman. Especially and H2 woman on this Forum.

You gotta love 'em.

Jim
Red H2 in Texas
Old 11-26-2002, 01:05 PM

Location: In the Deep South, Along the Shore of the Flint River
HummerGirl is off the scale

Right back at'cha,

Thanks Texas Red!

We love our H2 guys too! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

~amy
Reality is merely a crutch for those with a broken imagination.~anon.

http://www.CelestialBath.com
Old 11-26-2002, 03:06 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Shea, Go easy on extra stuffs, especially if this is only your second vehicle. It is unusual for anyone to buy double luxury and adventure packages ($4500), plus special tires and rims($3600), plus 2nd sunroof($1000?), wood trim($400?). Low rider 22" rims and tires?

This WES guy is a bit rude, but I am stunned by the $10,000 extra you are buying, I would think most of us would be shocked but obviously no one said anything. I guess you know what you are doing. If you are a man, I normally would discuss what type of tire and rims and wood trim, are they worth the $10,000, etc... but I have to be extra careful since you are a woman, I can say things totally in normal manner, but women here jump up and down like they are fighting the sex revolution, most times frankly I reread the post and could not figure out why they got so upset, so many little things turned into battle of the sexes. I am not a woman so I don't understand why they are so sensitive about it. Love it when there is a mix or male and female points of view, but am getting tip-toe. Surprised all the women here are urging you on to spend $10,000 on these stuffs, no one worry that you are going overboard?
Old 11-26-2002, 03:39 PM
Hummer Veteran

OLE YLLR is an unknown quantity at this point

HEY SHEA BE CAREFUL WITH THE WOOD DASH KIT. I'VE DRIVEN THE H2 AT THE DEALER SEVERAL TIMES AND EACH TIME THEY'VE ADDED NEW EXTRAS. ONE WAS THE WOOD DASH KIT, IT LOOK GOOD BUT NOT PROPERLY INSTALLED BECAUSE IT MADE THE SIDE DOOR PANELS SQUEAK. GOOD LUCK OLE YLLR!
Old 11-26-2002, 03:47 PM

Beck is off the scale

As a lawyer, I look for evidence in documents, I don't see anything in WES's reply that is directed against women, it was an equal-rights post. His last sentence about which island is rude, otherwise I have the same feeling from reading Shea's post, I would not have said it as directly as WES.

If you are a man, Shea, I will ask you what are these expensive tires and wheels and if you plan to go off-roads as you said, will these tires be good for off-roads? I may say that the wood trim looks bad. I may suggest you to go for the adventure package only and save $2,000 plus.

As a lawyer, I will advise my client to say nothing, it is not his problem. As a man, I already said too much.

We have the battles of sexism, oil, envirmentalist, religion, what else? bring them on.
Old 11-26-2002, 03:52 PM

Alex is off the scale

Sheag,

If you are spending that amount of money get whatever you feel will make you happy! I like the dual sunroofs. I wish I had that option on mine. As for the wheels and tires, you said you would be doing some off roading, so it seems like the stock wheels and tires would do best. I would hate to damage an expensive set of wheels. Anyway, good luck on your purchase and invite me when you do the off-roading in Hawaii : ) !!

I'm not sure what was going through WES's mind during the reply, but it did seem a bit out of place. Unfortunatly, the anonymity of the internet allows people to say things that they normally wouldn't.
Old 11-26-2002, 03:57 PM

sheag is off the scale

Thanks guys. I didn't think Wes' post was sexist, just rude. I don't mind anyone offering their opinions, including telling me I shouldn't waste my money. That's why I asked.

So the wood dash kit doesn't look good and can cause problems, that's exactly the kind of information I was looking for. No one mentioned the dual sun roofs except to say it's too much money. Again, I live in a hot, sunny climate. I will be travelling a lot with my niece and nephew and that second sun roof back there will get used daily. The extra $1500 or so is worth it to me. I was just concerned about other peoples' dealer experiences with an installed sunroof back there.

With regard to the tires, I need to get some more information and if anyone here has any, feel free to share. I'm doing some research online now and will talk to the dealer, my goal is not only to improve my offroad experience, but also improve the custom look of the vehicle, I like to be unique.

And again, I don't *want* the luxury pkg, it just is there, and if I order a custom, I'll have to wait two months, fly back over or arrange for someone else to take delivery and ship it and so on. For me, it's worth the extra money to go ahead and take one on the lot since it's perfect and has everything else I want, including color.

Thanks again, I appreciates everyone's responses (except Wes', but it was cool to have all the Hummer chicks on the forum jump right in. :-)

Shea
Old 11-26-2002, 04:32 PM
Hummer Expert

Texas Red is off the scale

I got the Lux package with all the key options that make up the Adventure Package, so essentially the Lux + Adv. I'm glad I did. I love it. So go get'em Shea. Only you know what you can or should afford.

I do have one question. . .and that's the second "giant" sunroof. The body of the H2 is a welded shell that has certain structural capability. IMHO, you can't cut big holes in structure without reducing strength and stiffness, especially two big holes. I'm no expert, but, I've seen a Camero with big sunroof have his front windshield pop out due to body twisting as he bounced over a curb . The extra body twist was due to the hole in the roof.

There have also been some complaints of leaking around the sunroof, but I think those can get fixed at the dealer. The sunroof appears to be a GM afterthought, not an original design feature.

Jim
Red H2 in Texas
Old 11-26-2002, 05:00 PM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Wow...a few flames a-flyin'...not pretty. As a matter of clarification, the ladies were not criticizing Wes for comments directed at women...they were merely pointing out the overly harsh 'tude that Wes was working. His comments about Sheag not caring about money, and particularly his not visiting a particular island...that's just plain mean, evil..and dare I say republican! (joke).

It's probably no big deal...more often then not humor can be misinterpreted...which is what I suspect the case likely here is. As a general rule, treat others as you'd like to be treated.

As for the H2, sounds great! The Land Rover has two sunroofs and it's quite safari-like. I've noticed MANY dealers loading stuff onto their H2's...it sorta forces buyers to pay for these upgrades. There's been lots of complaints about how dealers outfit the heck out of the H2's and then buyers come in and have no choice but to swallow the package whole. These same dealers automatically outfit their H2 immediately with lots of costly goodies. Yeah, they're "working it". Sounds like Sheag has a plan...driving an H2 in paradise! Love it! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2002, 05:04 PM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

oh yeah...the wood dash. When done conservatively is does look very nice....but I've seen H2's that are covered in that wood-veneer ALL over the place: just too over-done! It's almost like the more the install...the more money they make??
Old 11-26-2002, 05:31 PM

TS is off the scale

Dual Sunroof.. interesting, but a hot and humid environment like Hawaii may cause problems with the seals, warranty work may be difficult to obtain.
Upgrade wheels: I've seen a couple around town with huge big mud tires, looks great and probably very appropriate off-road. Dont do lowprofiles if you plan on doing any offroad trips.
Wood dash: I personally dont like them, but to each their own.
Post pics if you decide to go this way, and I think most of us on this forum wouldn't think twice about hanging out with an uber-cool surfer chick with an H2 in Hawaii.
Old 11-26-2002, 05:41 PM

Beck is off the scale

Great, we are taking the site to a new level, demonlize the Republicans. What about guns, somebody gotta to hate guns too. What about animal rights groups, leather is bad and evil. You see what's happening here? I thought Steve was a neat guy, but I can't feel that way any more, he hates Republicans and think they are evil.
Old 11-26-2002, 06:28 PM

TS is off the scale

Beck, buddy.. stay off the meth, makes you really paranoid. I didnt see anything in Steve's response about Republicans.. did I miss something?
Old 11-26-2002, 08:04 PM
Hummer Professional

ratesguy is off the scale

Whoa Wes, lose the attitude. Some list administrators will unsubscribe you for so blatantly rude comments. And politics has no place on a forum such as this. If you cant be positive dont post. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]