H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 12-08-2010, 03:52 AM
Hummer Novice

Mike J. is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Air Suspension Trouble Still

Hey everyone I posted a thread a while ago about the service air suspension coming on the DIC. I had a leaking air shock so I changed both at the dealer, the next day I still got the same message on the DIC. Took it back to the dealer and asked if they re-calibrated the trim height and was told that yes they did. They had it for the whole day again and now say that the truck will not re-calibrate, does anyone have any ideas that could help? It still seems to not sit right...... any help in the right direction would be awesome. It's a 2003, was there any service programming update s for the 2003's?
Old 12-09-2010, 05:07 AM
Hummer Novice

fllaw1 is on a distinguished road
Cool Re: Air Suspension Trouble Still

If you don't mind me asking, I'm gathering you had it done in Canada, what did they charge to change the bags?
Old 12-09-2010, 06:57 AM
Hummer Novice

Default Re: Air Suspension Trouble Still

By the time it was done it was just over $1000.00 for both air shocks and the install including re-calibration of the trim level.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:32 PM
Hummer Veteran

EuroHummer is on a distinguished road

I had nothing but issues with the air suspension on my 03 H2. When it was time for the third replacement air bag on the same side, and issues with it sitting level, I changed over to Fabtech coils (I have the 6' lift). The extra long coils are only 300 dollars, and you can get stock length coils even cheaper. From what I have seen, they are just not worth the trouble in the long run....

2003 H2, 408 CI, K1 Forged 4" stroke crank, K1 6.125" forged rods, Wiseco X-Series 0.30 forged pistons, Schneider cam, FAST 102mm LSXRT, precision flow injectors, Comp Pro Magnum rockers, SA Gear DR timing set, ARP main studs, 90mm ETC TB, Airaid MIT, MSD Coils/wires, Dynatech Headers/high flow cats, Magnaflow, Jessie James Black Widows 20x9, Nitto Dune Grapplers 37", Fabtech 6" lift, CK Performance XHD 4l70e and 4.56 Gears
Old 12-13-2010, 07:09 AM
Hummer Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroHummer
I had nothing but issues with the air suspension on my 03 H2. When it was time for the third replacement air bag on the same side, and issues with it sitting level, I changed over to Fabtech coils (I have the 6' lift). The extra long coils are only 300 dollars, and you can get stock length coils even cheaper. From what I have seen, they are just not worth the trouble in the long run....

Thanks for the reply EuroHummer.... thats a nice ride you have.....
Old 12-13-2010, 03:17 PM
Hummer Veteran

myrddin is on a distinguished road

I see its a 2003.. But is it for sure the single and not the dual compressor? I only ask because if someone upgraded your compressor to the dual stage and someone tries to program it, it will blow up the module.

Just a thought?
Old 12-23-2010, 08:07 PM
Hummer Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrddin
I see its a 2003.. But is it for sure the single and not the dual compressor? I only ask because if someone upgraded your compressor to the dual stage and someone tries to program it, it will blow up the module.

Just a thought?

I went through the history on the truck and it is the original compressor, My problem ended up being low voltage off the battery, it would not calibrate, I changed the battery and the dealer calibrated it and all is good now.

Thanks myrddin for you angle on this.... this forum is awesome to belong too.... I have read a lot of past posts for stuff and it's amazing how much everyone has helped me with my truck.