H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 05-06-2015, 03:20 PM

jsbihn is on a distinguished road
Default AC Question

So I get new part for the AC (Compressor and Dryer) and I have my mechanic put them in. It turns out that it can not keep a vacuum... The mechanic used the old seals because I guess the company I bought the kit from didnt sent the seals. Anyways.... So since he cant track a leak, I have a local stealership track it. Turns out to be a bad seal at the accumulator. So, they replace it, charged it and now I have AC.... umm sorta.

Something doesnt seem right.

I live in the Gulf Coast of MS, so it shouldnt have to be said it is humid here. Now it is 82-85 degrees out.
So the AC has only been working for a week and this is what I have noticed (note: I have an AC thermometer in the center vent to measure the temp). Please tell me what you think

- The AC on 2-3 bars, set at 60, the recirc is on, and me sitting at idle will drop the temp down to 40-45 degrees (but it sometimes can go up to 45-50, but usually stays 40-45)
- Same setting, now I drive, it may get into the 50s but usually seems to stay more around 60.
- If I take the recirc off, definitely 60
- Even though it says 60, it takes a long time to cool.... Maybe because of the humidity? Maybe the compressor is bad? Maybe there is air or a loss of vacuum in the line?
- not sure if I feel any little puffs of warm air, or maybe its just my imagination
- the compressor doesnt seem to cycle that much to give cold air (or maybe thats my imagination again)

I checked everything and there maybe a lttle play in the tensioner, but again not sure if that is me or not.

What do you guys think?
Is this normal?
The last time my AC worked the AC termometer always read 45 with the same setting as above.

Thanks
Old 05-07-2015, 12:16 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMTECH is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AC Question

At 86 to 95F with humidity between 30-50% engine idling maximum temp from left center duct should only be as high as 72F. This is the hottest the air should blow, typically a good working system will be below that. Higher engine rpm and more air flow across condenser this should start to blow colder but don't have any exact specs for that. Numbers above are baseline at idle. If humidity is above 50% that base number can increase to as much as 79F.
Old 05-07-2015, 10:46 AM
Hummer Expert

LoJac963 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: AC Question

^great info from the master!

I replied to your thread on this question on one of the other forums.